• Yes, but he needs to fight lower level fighters

Votes: 10 13.9%
  • Undecided

Votes: 3 4.2%
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
I think his career is over but I voted he just got caught because it's to damm funny.

Just trying to lighten up a bad situation to be honest though im over it. I accepted him being done after UFC 97.

·
Premium Member
4,364 Posts
Sadly he is done, not because he is 1 dimensional as so many believed him to be but because his chin is actually done and his reactions just aren't as quick as they used to be.

So disappointing because he was dominating Franklin in every way and with his new kickboxing and takedowns he may have still been able to be effective in this division.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Career should definately be over. Chuck is a pure fighter though and will never want to quit fighting. Dana on the other hand will do every thing in his power to keep him from stepping in the cage ever again. Unless it is a one time deal later down the road against someone like Tito.

Thought Chuck was actually doing well against Rich, mixing up his strikes. Definately was winning the round until he got dropped. At several moments during the fight I actually thought Chuck was going to end it. Was sad to watch.

·
"Focus"
10,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Career should definately be over. Chuck is a pure fighter though and will never want to quit fighting. Dana on the other hand will do every thing in his power to keep him from stepping in the cage ever again. Unless it is a one time deal later down the road against someone like Tito.

Thought Chuck was actually doing well against Rich, mixing up his strikes. Definately was winning the round until he got dropped. At several moments during the fight I actually thought Chuck was going to end it. Was sad to watch.
The right he threw that missed before he got dropped would have ended that fight, he threw that thing to bury Rich in the canvas. I thought for sure Rich was going to get finished right there, that KO came out of no where.

BTW. Sorry Chuck fans, but he did the Rashad stanky leg on his way down..

·
Registered
33 Posts
For his safety Chuck needs to retire. He was winning a striking match against a guy with a broken arm(yes chuck broke it but still). He clearly has the worst glass jaw in the ufc now and has to be risking serious injuries with these ko's. I would like to see him leave on a high note though so how about make Tito fight him when he is healed. No way is Tito knocking Chuck out, and then Chuck can go out on a high note.

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
As the biggest Chuck fan on this forum I got to say he should retire. He is still a top fighter in the division but his chin just isn't what it used to be. If he had his old chin, he could be top 5 again, but he doesn't. I really don't want to see him KO'd again.
I agree Chuck could still be a threat if he has if old chin with his new skills.

It's over for good now though.

·
Premium Member
1,340 Posts
it looked to me like chuck took a shot directly to the nerve that runs in bertween the nose and the upper teeth. If you push hard right there, it is very uncomfortable. To be struck right there is devastating, and from the looks of it, the force of the strike also split his upper lip. I'm not sure that anyone could remain conscious after such a strike.

I'm a huge Ruch franklin fan, and I am very happy to see him get a W. That being said, I have a lot of respect for Chuck Liddell, the man is clearly a legend in the sport of MMA, and it wouldn't be where it is today without Chuck. Whatever he dcides to do, I will respect.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.