Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Got Fight?
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Honestly, aside from the Munoz/Grove fight this card was absolutely awful imo. I enjoy a technical fight as much as the next person, but Penn/Edgar was below average. Don't even have to talk about Silva/Maia...

Hughes/Renzo obviously had too much respect for one another up until the finish. Goddard screwed over the Etim/Dos Anjos fight but it turned out to not be a big deal anyways.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
142 Posts
Penn fight was good.

Reactions: UFCFAN89

·
Homicidal Maniac
6,197 Posts
oh man was I ever pissed on the etim dos anjos fight thanks for reminding me I forgot to complain about that when I got on here lol ...seriously what the **** he did not hit the spine and also when you give someone a warning you dont stand up the fight you keep them in the same position

·
Registered
349 Posts
I really thought it was one of thw worst I mean the Munoz/Grove fight was good and I did enjoy the BJ/Edgar fight but BJ didnt look like hisself but Edgar did great.It started out great and then just got worae throughout ending with the dreadful Silva vs Maia fight.This is the third Silva headlined ppv that i felt ripped off after I think the only Silva fight I would pay for is GSP right now

·
Premium Member
21,821 Posts
Other than the Anderson Silva/Demian Maia fight I enjoyed it.
Edgar/Penn was a barn burner and I thought it was one of the best fights of the year.

·
Senior Member.
324 Posts
The Silva/Maia fight is what crushed the PPV all together. I mean it wasn't "terrible" leading to the main event but if it had any hope of being superb, Silva took all that away with the most rudest, disrespectful performance I have ever seen.

We def won't get to see GSP vs Silva now, not with this performance by Silva. I doubt he will headline a UFC event anytime soon, if ever.

This was some serious stuff.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Honestly, aside from the Munoz/Grove fight this card was absolutely awful imo. I enjoy a technical fight as much as the next person, but Penn/Edgar was below average. Don't even have to talk about Silva/Maia...

Hughes/Renzo obviously had too much respect for one another up until the finish. Goddard screwed over the Etim/Dos Anjos fight but it turned out to not be a big deal anyways.

Thoughts?
too me the event was awesome the munoz grove fight was the best comeback win fight ive ever seen an incredible awesome fight!!! you cannot be a mma fan if you think that dos anjos subing etim wasnt a big deal it was an awesome armbar !! showed why he deserves to be on the main card and you fought the bj penn fight was crap well it was the best title fight ive seen since machida nd shogun !!! edgar showed why he beat bj penn he picked him apart awesome speed and head movement! yes the silva fight was the worst fight ever dana said on twitter that he didnt watch it was so bad he walked off silva is somewone who has lost millins of fans tonight he was discusting to be the 1 p4p fighter in the world you dont do that all to

·
Registered
127 Posts
Edgar/Penn was a barn burner and I thought it was one of the best fights of the year.
there you go my friend somewones with me the the edgar fight was awesome this moron who created the thread isnt a fan of mma! if he thought the edgar fight wasnt good it was awesome!!!

·
The Avy Slut
3,342 Posts
I dunno about one of the best fights of the year but that was an EPIC LHW fight that had me on the edge of my seat for 25mins. I thought it was a pretty decent PPV, but of course can't argue with the fact that the mainevent was a flop.

·
Registered
794 Posts
yeah i thought it was pretty average but mainly because of the sour taste anderson silva left in my mouth. My question is this how can you carry on like he does, but he hardly engages in any fighting himself and acts like Maia's not doing anything ? If i was Dana White id be pissed big time.

·
Premium Member
21,821 Posts
I don't know why they put Silva/Maia out last, I worried that fight would be Leites/Silva 2 and at least we knew BJ/Edgar would be a fun fight. Even if I wasn't expecting Edgar to win I expected him to put on a competitive entertaining fight. I think a lot of people would have been happier had they left on a high instead of a low.

·
To the death George
2,306 Posts
wasnt a great card card but it was good, it was just the last 2 rounds of the night that spoiled it.

·
Premium Member
21,821 Posts
yeah i thought it was pretty average but mainly because of the sour taste anderson silva left in my mouth. My question is this how can you carry on like he does, but he hardly engages in any fighting himself and acts like Maia's not doing anything ? If i was Dana White id be pissed big time.
If I was Dana white he would be fighting Carwin/Brock/JDS in order and repeatedly. One PPV he runs the gauntlet. If he gets knocked out just wake him and send him back out there.

·
Got Fight?
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Penn/Edgar wasn't HORRIBLE, but BJ didn't look himself. Not sure what was up with his left knee but Im sure we'll hear something about that soon...I didn't think it was a great fight just because BJ looked awful and out of sync. Especially when Frankie got some takedowns.

Edgar deserved it.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Penn vs Edgar fight was boring. The Matt Hughes fight for me was more of a big disappointment. Youve got two grappling legends of the sport who just do poor kickboxing for three rounds. The Silva vs Maia was was a disgrace and also sad.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts