Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

Do you think St. Pierre & Diego Sanchez should fight each other for the title shot ?

• Yes

Votes: 4 18.2%
  • No

Votes: 18 81.8%
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I think GSP should fight Diego Sanchez next... the winner of that fights Matt Hughes for the title. Karo Paresian was suppose to fight Hughes in ufc 64 until he got injured. (Joe Riggs replaced him) After Karo came back he had to fight Sanchez to redeem himself.... Karo lost. GSP hasn't fought for 5 months now. If he is gonna fight Matt Hughes again it's not gonna be for at least another 2/3 months. Hughes has to rest from his fight with BJ Penn. UFC 66 is the earliest Hughes will be able to fight again.. but Chuck Liddel & Tito Ortiz have already signed to fight each other at that event. There's like a 98% chance they aren't going to hold those 2 title matches at the same event. So ufc 67 at the earliest we'll see Hughes again (I bet). By that time st.pierre will have been out of the game for 9 months. That's a long time. Diego Sanchez has already proven himself for a title shot against Karo Paresian. Who else does he have to fight in the next few months before he gets it? Nobody... except st. pierre. 5 months is long enough to rest for GSP. By the time ufc 64/65 comes around Diego will have at least 2 months rest and GSP will have at least 6. 9 months is too long to be out of the game and come right back into a title fight. By the time these 2 fight, IF they fought in Oct or Nov they that leaves the winner with 2 months rest at least.. the time that Matt Hughes is due again. Tim Sylvia and Andre Arlovski fought for the title in 59 & 61... 2 months apart. Joe Riggs is fighting every month practically. Or let Hughes fight the TUF4 winner in Jan at least.. then fight sanchez or gsp later on even. That way we're still getting the entertainment of gsp and sanchez in the meantime. St. Pierre should have to redeem himself, against Sanchez, like Karo Paresian did. Karo and GSP are big names to finally earn Sanchez a title shot. He doesn't need to fight nobodies anymore. Besides, who doesn't want to see GSP and Sanchez fight anyway?

That's my opinion.

Use my poll... how many agree/disagree?

·
Crazy Kicker
957 Posts
GSP already worked for his shot back at the tittle. it should be the GSP then Diego

·
Registered
364 Posts
i kind of agree it would actually help gsp from getting ring rust and beating sanchez would further move him up but he doesn't need to prove himself anymore i think

·
Registered
547 Posts
Well either way it would be the first loss for Sanchez. He is not even @ the caliber of Hughes or GSP. Don't get me wrong I like Sanchez , but it's not his time . GSP will be the next champ, my problem is I like all three . GSP is due.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Well it looks like Hughes and GSP, all assuming GSP wins I think he gets the winner of TUF4, and if he wins that then maybe Sanchez. Heh but dont quote me:laugh:

·
Registered
547 Posts
Organik said:
GSP vs Hughes

BJ Penn vs Diego Sanchez

Winners ..................GSP...........................Penn................ Rematch GSP & Penn for title.

·
"Minotauro" Nogueira
496 Posts
I think George St. Pierre should fight Matt Hughes at UFC 66. And BJ Penn should fight Sanchez at either Fight Night 8 in January or UFC 67 in Febuary.

Currently going by UFC thinking ways the top 4 are:
1. Hughes
2. GSP
3. Penn
4. Sanchez

Pit 1 vs 2 against eachother and 3 vs 4 against eachother. Whoever wins TUF 4 will get beat by whoever is champ.

EDIT: I just forgot that BJ Penn wanted to drop to Lightweight. If so do Sanchez vs GSP.

·
F*ck You I Rhyme Better
2,458 Posts
/\/\etallica said:
I think George St. Pierre should fight Matt Hughes at UFC 66. And BJ Penn should fight Sanchez at either Fight Night 8 in January or UFC 67 in Febuary.

Currently going by UFC thinking ways the top 4 are:
1. Hughes
2. GSP
3. Penn
4. Sanchez

Pit 1 vs 2 against eachother and 3 vs 4 against eachother. Whoever wins TUF 4 will get beat by whoever is champ.

EDIT: I just forgot that BJ Penn wanted to drop to Lightweight. If so do Sanchez vs GSP.
is bj actually dropping to LW?

·
Registered
464 Posts
Sanchez's next fight should no doubt be Penn. Winner of that fight should take on winner of Hughes vs GSP, and loser takes on loser.

BJ penn vs Sanchez
Hughes vs GSP

BJ penn vs gsp rematch for title

Sanchez vs hughes battle for title shot

(That's how i see it in my head)

·
Registered
360 Posts
I definately think that GSP has proven himself enought o have another shot at Hughes, and that assuming penn doesnt drop to LW Sanchez-Penn would be a good fight. Putting GSP against Sanchez is foolish for them both, it would delay any fights for GSP and would most likely be a huge mark on the otherwize impecable record of Sanchez. I like Sanchez a lot but he's just not ready for a hughs or a st. pierre

1 - 18 of 18 Posts