Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so, im right handed , my strongest hand is right and i punch with right hand, but my strongest leg is left, and i kick with left leg , so i got to stay like in southpaw stance, but i feel better punching when stand in orthodox stance? Is that OK that my leg is left? or i should train kicking with my right leg?

Sorrz for my eng. :confused05:

·
Registered
362 Posts
if you can work a strong lead leg roundhouse, more power to you. the speed compared to a rear leg roundhouse is considerable greater, although less power, if you can get it down it still hurts plenty rough :)

·
Squirrel Fighting Champ
2,719 Posts
If you're comfortable only using your rear leg for roundhouses, good on you. Fight that way if it works for you. In my case I've found that I'm constantly doing both rear and front roundhouses, but I fight southpaw, per Bruce Lee's logic.

I'm right handed, but put my powerside forward, compensating for the lesser strength of my non-dominant side. But I switch-hit all the time during a fight, depending on my opponents guard as well as where I'm getting pressed the hardest. It also helps if you're ambidestrous.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Yea I'd say work on being comfortable standing orthodox and southpaw. Standing southpaw your right hand will be there for killer jabs, and your power kick will hit liver. On the flip side you'll have a quicker lead kick and of course the full power of your right hand.

;Phas

1 - 4 of 4 Posts