Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Rather than MT and TKD id go with MT and boxing. boxing and clinch makes up 90% of the standing part of a fight. But an effective kicker can end the fight in one strike. I say train the same percentages as would normally happen in a fight.

·
Registered
5 Posts
the most important part of a stand up technique is ur ability to keep ur balance while striking and while receiving strikes, this enables u to position urself in a place where to apply ur strikes.

·
Registered
42 Posts
dazed said:
the most important part of a stand up technique is ur ability to keep ur balance while striking and while receiving strikes, this enables u to position urself in a place where to apply ur strikes.
IMHO the most important things that will help your standup are your overall takedown defense, balance and footwork while striking or exchanging.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Stand up

I have done Muay thai , but i have done more boxing then anything else. I have notice that the biggest problem with Freestyle fighters with grappling or Wrestling backgrounds is that they dont have the best stance, and cant keep their balance after throughing and missing.
And if they are up against a counter puncher then it will be good night for them.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Balance creates power. The better your balance is the more power you will have. The best overall fighters have extreamly good balance. Hughs Lidell, Sherk, Kosheck, Sera, Tito all guys with low to the ground balance and Im sure there are more I have missed.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.