Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
True Grappler
6,222 Posts
HIIT is a smart idea, I gotta give that a try sometime.

I saw people adding workout stats so I thought I'd throw in a couple of mine:
Bench: 12 reps at 230 (usually 2 sets a day, spaced out)
Kickpress: 24 reps at 415 (I also have big legs)
Overheadpress: 24 reps at 220
Just for fun: rhr of 51bpm

·
True Grappler
6,222 Posts
I try to stay away from substances, just because it's hard to say what all of the side effects are. I have had, up until recently, a high protein diet. I recently switched over to MetRx Daily supplement and have added 10 lbs to my benchpress in about 2 days.

·
True Grappler
6,222 Posts
Oh yeah, it's absolutely mental, but now that I'm on the supplements I know that my muscles are recovering faster so I have less fear about damaging myself. Once you know that you can push yourself harder than you really start to put together a hard routine.

·
True Grappler
6,222 Posts
I think Don's worried that if he loses the weight he wont even look strong anymore. :laugh:

Just kidding. Yeah, if you're up around 250 then you probably what to cut out your body fat so that you get down to around 8% and then you can bulk and be a machine.

·
True Grappler
6,222 Posts
The Don said:
no I just want to look down and see my toes, and feel comfortable again, no real intrestest in bulking up just toning up and setting a good healthy example for the kids. we got them eating healthy but they should know exercise is important as well
Now that right there, that's some motivation. I'm sad to say that I'm a part of the only generation in american history with a life expectancy lower than my parent's.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.