Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
IronMan, i don't wanna be rude to ya because ya seem like a nice/cool guy for the most part but dude, just stop.

Your terrible at it. Your matching up fighters who aren't even in the same weightclass or league's of fighting expeirence. Example- The Babalu fight vs Antonio Rodrigo Nogueria, Randleman Vs Rashad Evans and guys like Paul "The Headhunter" Buentello don't even fight in the ufc anymore! HE's FIGHTING IN STRIKEFORCE!

Come on dude, it's just stupid to pair up alot of these fighters and then say PRIDE:11 UFC: 4

I mean hey, i could make posts like this to and just match guys up like SWICK VS Gomi! and swick would probably either A- Win like he would in real life, or B- loose because theres such a more drastic amount of pride jockey's then UFC fans. Or heres another one BJ Penn Vs Kang or GSP vs Hayato "Mach" Sakurai.

I mean, hell i think those would be more well rounded close compaire fights then Babalu vs a guy who weights 25 more pounds then him(thats why i did the Swick vs Gomi fight, swick outweights him by like 32 pounds and even though i love gomi, he couldn't win.)

Its stupid man, i like to compaire fighters just as much as the next guy, but if your going to make these things semi-official, atleast do it right.

·
Premium Member
5,495 Posts
Your a UFC fan, right?

I agree some do seem lopsided, Fedor/Cro Cop against anyone in the UFC is automatically a win/vote for them. I think these polls should at least stay in the same weight class. :dunno:

·
True Grappler
6,222 Posts
Spit206Fire said:
IronMan, i don't wanna be rude to ya because ya seem like a nice/cool guy for the most part but dude, just stop.

Your terrible at it. Your matching up fighters who aren't even in the same weightclass or league's of fighting expeirence. Example- The Babalu fight vs Antonio Rodrigo Nogueria, Randleman Vs Rashad Evans and guys like Paul "The Headhunter" Buentello don't even fight in the ufc anymore! HE's FIGHTING IN STRIKEFORCE!

Come on dude, it's just stupid to pair up alot of these fighters and then say PRIDE:11 UFC: 4

I mean hey, i could make posts like this to and just match guys up like SWICK VS Gomi! and swick would probably either A- Win like he would in real life, or B- loose because theres such a more drastic amount of pride jockey's then UFC fans. Or heres another one BJ Penn Vs Kang or GSP vs Hayato "Mach" Sakurai.

I mean, hell i think those would be more well rounded close compaire fights then Babalu vs a guy who weights 25 more pounds then him(thats why i did the Swick vs Gomi fight, swick outweights him by like 32 pounds and even though i love gomi, he couldn't win.)

Its stupid man, i like to compaire fighters just as much as the next guy, but if your going to make these things semi-official, atleast do it right.
Sure.

In my defense, Buentello v Zentsov, NOT MY IDEA!

·
True Grappler
6,222 Posts
Spit206Fire said:
GSP vs Hayato "Mach" Sakurai.
WAIT A MINUTE!!!

What the #@$% is going on here. You want to talk about Babalu's weight disadvantage and then give me this crap.

Everyone (at least everyone who has watched a PRIDE lightweight fight) knows that Hayato is 160, 165 tops, without cutting weight. GSP is 180, at least.

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
GSP weights 170, and Hayoto walks around at 170, not that big of a difference compaired to Babalu who walks around 210ish and fights at 205and Antoino who walks around usually around 240/250 and fights at 238.

i'd say a 30 pound weight difference is different then about 15ish

and here
Height 5'10 (178cm)
Weight 169lbs (77kg)
thats GSP's measure's.

Edit: i like some fighters in UFC and some in PRIDE, but i like UFC's ring alot more and i also like how they show fights in the US for free about every other month now (Ultimate Fight Night).

I think prides got some great fights and really good fighters. I think PRIDE is great because they do alot more tourniment type set ups. Where i think UFC is great because they use more of there belt and ranking system where you earn your spot for your title by throwing together consecutive winning streak.

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Spit206Fire, BJ Penn is almost a lightweight and to tell him to put him in a poll with one of the top three PRIDE FC middleweights? Then saying the fights IronMan makes are lopsided? I agree some are lopsided, about 3 or 2 but most are pretty even.

·
Premium Member
5,961 Posts
babalu walks around at like 230, when he faught fedor he weighed like 235 240, he was a heavyweight before he was a LHW..but i agree some of the fights are mismatches but not all of them

·
Registered
510 Posts
We need to stop this...

Theres no reason to keep going on with all this Pride and UFC stuff, its ridiculous. To me it seems like we have too many UFC or Pride fans and not enough MMA fans.

·
MMA Patriot
4,003 Posts
CashKola said:
Theres no reason to keep going on with all this Pride and UFC stuff, its ridiculous. To me it seems like we have too many UFC or Pride fans and not enough MMA fans.
Thank you I was waiting for someone to say that. Its 2 differint corperations but all one sport. Besieds There is not one better than the other because I have seen ufc fighters fight in pride and pride fighters fight in the ufc. It will be mixed up.

·
Premium Member
1,749 Posts
hahahhaha

HAHAHAHHAHA:cheeky4: :laugh:

·
Premium Member
1,749 Posts
im sry

i thought UFC and Pride were MMA...oh well my mistake

·
Registered
510 Posts
liveson777 said:
i thought UFC and Pride were MMA...oh well my mistake
I don't think you understand, what I mean is you shouldn't just like one organization and there is no reason to watch/support only one organization, you should just like the sport in general. Maybe you should think about the statement a little bit more before trying to be such a smartass.

·
Premium Member
1,749 Posts
ur right i was wrong

CashKola said:
I don't think you understand, what I mean is you shouldn't just like one organization and there is no reason to watch/support only one organization, you should just like the sport in general. Maybe you should think about the statement a little bit more before trying to be such a smartass.
im sry i really shouldnt have acted like that...but i support both but i would like to see what would happen if they would finally do it

·
Registered
81 Posts
All this Pride vs UFC stuff gets on my nerves. first of all you can't quantifiably proove one to be better than the other. There are too many factors. Second, I Don't Care! I'm gonna watch them both anyway and I think most of us will too.

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
CashKola said:
We are all MMA fans on this forum since PRIDE FC and UFC are MMA.

·
Registered
3,763 Posts
I understand what CashKola is trying to say and I agree. I dont thhink you get it MMA freak. He means dont be a fan of one or the other, but be a nonbiased fan of all MMA. Looking at fighters in terms of organization is like looking at people in terms of color.

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
First, thats what im trying to say, its MMA stop with the sport vs sport, because i personally would say almost every UFC fighter would loose in pride rules because they go 5 min rounds instead of 10 minute rounds. But i also think that PRIDE would have a disadvantage because they cant go under the ropes to get a reset.

Also, babalu might have fought fedor at 230, but he now fights in UFC, not pride and people change there bodys alot due to weight classes.

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
I say like what you like but stop comparing them. Easy as that. Pride have their assets aswell as UFC do. But that doesn't neccessarily make one better than the other. It is interesting to compare fighters though. but a fighter is not an organisation. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Some people are getting a bit uptight about it. People like different things, this won't prove who is better in any way, from my P.O.V. both are the same and have their ups and downs along with K-1.

·
Registered
510 Posts
asskicker said:
I understand what CashKola is trying to say and I agree. I dont thhink you get it MMA freak. He means dont be a fan of one or the other, but be a nonbiased fan of all MMA. Looking at fighters in terms of organization is like looking at people in terms of color.
Exactly what I was trying to say.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts