Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Everyone talks about the early stoppages but never about the late. What were the latest stoppages you've seen?

In my mind, Forrest Griffin vs Rashad Evans was too late. Griffin was tapping out for like 20 seconds before the ref finally stopped the fight. It's take a lot for a fighter to tap out to strikes but to tap out AND continue to be punished like that annoys the crap outta me.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
I think it had to be that one Matt Brown fight. I forget who he fought but he kept looking over at the ref like you really want me to keep hitting him? Dana was even screaming at the ref to stop it, if I remember correctly.

·
Registered
10,783 Posts
Yeah the Matt Brown vs Pete Sell fight was retarded.

Rampage vs Wandy. Not because of a late ref stoppage, but because Page just would not stop hitting him.

Reactions: Inkdot

·
Premium Member
1,158 Posts
Anderson Silva vs James Irvin. Irvin was curled up after the first punch but the ref waited until Silva opened up a great big cut on his face before he stepped in.
Na Irvin was ok until Anderson started coming in from a different angle.

Carwin/Mir upset me. I am all for Mir taking a little more punishment. But his head started bouncing off the ground and Carwin was still throwing bombs down on his head. I could tell Mir could not go on from a bad angle on an internet feed and could not tell why the Dan who was sitting right above it was not jumping in. I just kept thinking MURDER! MURDER! every time Carwin landed another punch. But that is just recently. I also agree with the Wanderlei/Jackson fight.

·
Registered
302 Posts
One of the worst that I've seen was the Lesnar/Couture fight. That was borderline absurd. Brock landed about 50 unassisted hammerfists after he dropped Randy. We were screaming at the TV. I could barely watch it.

·
Registered
399 Posts
One of the worst that I've seen was the Lesnar/Couture fight. That was borderline absurd. Brock landed about 50 unassisted hammerfists after he dropped Randy. We were screaming at the TV. I could barely watch it.
maybe if he threw harder hammer fists it would of been stopped earlier. but they were like half an inch from his face every time he dropped one.

·
Registered
342 Posts
You sure? It looks A LOT like he is tapping.
I just rewatched that fight last night and I didnt think he was tapping, it just looked like he was basically KOed and his arms were flailing as he was getting cracked by rashad.

Did Forrest talk about it post-fight?

Either way I dont think it was too late. Maybe it wasnt perfect but it seemed like a reasonable stoppage to me.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.