Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Free Thinker
5,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
nobody seems to have talked about this, but i just watched a few fights from last night on "the website nobody likes to mention", and the one thing that shocked me more than how slow sean o'haire was, was the sound of the audience. it was so odd for me to hear the typical "UFC" audience surrounding a PRIDE ring. very strange.

i like japanese audiences better:p

·
Registered
114 Posts
it wasn't that bad really. there was only one booing fest that lasted like 20 seconds during all the fights. i was actually surprised at how good the audience was yesterday.

·
Registered
47 Posts
The booing occured when they were announcing the people of the Nevada State Athletic Commision. This is probably because they prohibited face stomps, knees on the ground, etc...

I must say, this "Real Deal" audience is quite intelligent.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
American fans/ Pride fans

...I tend to agree completely with pt447 about the Japanese audiences. The Japanese fans are much more intelligent because they understand the technical aspects of the sport. Ummm...2003 Pride Final Elimination...Dana White was in awe...no wonder...Saitama Super Arena...35 to 40,000 fans.
...best thing...they cheer just as hard for a Submission as they do a KO, because they understand and appreciate the MMA techniques a lot more than American fans.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Yea I noticed the boo birds come out, especially when guys looked like they were just holding on or laying and praying to kill time rather than fighting to win. Japanese are way too polite to boo, but Americans will let you know they don't like that when it happens.

I gotta give them some credit though, there were some oohs and ahhs from the crowd during some of the ground action so it looked like some of them there did know something about the sport. That surprised me.

·
WTF Chuck, Fight Me!
1,784 Posts
i think the american pride audience is right now the best... i find the japan audience too quiet, and recently, u dont hear them applauding for passing the guard or technical stuff on the ground.. on the other hand, u have the UFC fans, who's normal noise is booing, then a screaming when a knockout occurs. I think the american pride fans just showed that it wasnt the americans who were drunk retards watching mma fights, but only ufc fans.

·
Hammer Fist Elbow
350 Posts
American fans usually relate when something big happens Jap fans are just hooked on the cage, eyes on the fighter, no movement.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts