Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So here’s a bit of background, I am 31, I have a fair amount of experience fighting, but it’s all street-fighting, which is a part of my life I have thankfully left behind.

A few years ago I was involved in a project that taught people Muay Thai, but it only lasted 12 weeks before the project was shut down, and in that time I never did any sparring. I’m reasonably physically fit, I’ve placed amongst the elite runners in marathons, and I work out four times a week and hit a bag of sand I’ve strung from a beam in the yard, but I am quite slight, I’m 5’11 and weigh nine stone (125 pounds) and due to a stomach disease I’m not really able to gain weight.

Is it worth me trying Mixed Martial Arts? My street fights were mostly against multiple opponents or with weapons so it’s hard for me to say if I was really any good. And I am worried about embarrassing myself by not knowing the etiquette, or not having the right physique, and I feel like I am maybe a bit too old?

Does anyone else have a similar background? I have a good job now so I am not dreaming of making a career of fighting, but I would like to do it without making a fool of myself.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts