Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
21,821 Posts
5 million on Smith, Cung Le proved last time he couldn't put Smith away and Smith is not gonna come in and over respect the overrated Le this time, he knows he can knock him out and Smith will leave Cung laying on the ground again.

·
Premium Member
21,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Smith's people demanded a third fight if he loses this one when he signed, is that underconfidence or just being smart?

·
ASS MAN
6,063 Posts
Damn- I was gonna bet Le as I don't think he will gas out as badly this time around but those odds blow. Really can't believe they are so lopsided for Le. No bueno IMO. :(

·
Premium Member
21,821 Posts
Smith's people demanded a third fight if he loses this one when he signed, is that underconfidence or just being smart?
Probably more to be a thorn in the side of Strikeforce and Cung Le for being such bitches about it and making him fight a guy he just beat. Its not like it was controversial and I don't see Manhoef getting another Lawler fight. Is Russow fighting Duffee again?

·
ASS MAN
6,063 Posts
Alright Toxic I gots to get payback for the Aoki-Melendez sig bet I loss to you.

Le wins you rock a "I was totally wrong for doubting Cung Le" sig.

Smith wins again I rock a "I've been totally wrong to pimp Cung Le" sig.

Sound bueno? :)

·
Registered
585 Posts
Probably more to be a thorn in the side of Strikeforce and Cung Le for being such bitches about it and making him fight a guy he just beat. Its not like it was controversial and I don't see Manhoef getting another Lawler fight. Is Russow fighting Duffee again?
No it just makes for an interesting fight.

Its not like it hasn't happened before

Couture fought Pedro Rizzo and Belfort twice back to back

Serra fought GSP back to back... lots of guys fight eachother more than once.

But the way the fight ended is the reason why they're doing n2 and of course if Smith loses they'll have a third. I think strikeforce needs fights like these, it makes things a little more interesting. Rivalries are always good for the sport

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
...I can't wait to see what happens this time. Le's long layoff is no longer. In the first fight, he was catching Smitty with that 360 spinning back kick every time and it didn't finish Scott. You practically have to behead Smith to finish him. This 2nd match-up will be just as good or better. I just don't think Le is gonna beat Scott Smith. Scott stays in the pocket well and can take enormous punishment. If he clips Le again with his heavy hands, we might see a ditto of the first fight. It's gonna be a barnburner for sure...

·
Banned
0 Posts
Damn- I was gonna bet Le as I don't think he will gas out as badly this time around but those odds blow. Really can't believe they are so lopsided for Le. No bueno IMO. :(

Im with you on this if I recall Le was in control till that one shot, he was def gonna win the fight, this seems easy but...yeah the odds are jacked!!!:confused02:

·
'England Elite'
5,028 Posts
I was so sure to bet on Smith yesterday, now i dont know..

Edit: 70k on Smith

·
Premium Member
3,570 Posts
wow its not letting me bet and i placed 0 bets...

·
Premium Member
21,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Le with a 2nd round tko:

Round 1 - Referee Jason Herzog in the cage for the evening's co-main event. Smith charges forward and slips to a knee. Smith pushing forward very quickly and shoves Le into the cage. Right hand from Smith as he maintains the pressure. Le fires a knee inside, but Smith digs a right hand into the body. They break, and Smith not giving Le any room to operate. Smith misses on a big right, and Le lands a punch. Three-punch combo form Le very fast and on the mark. Low kick form Le. Smith has stopped the reckless charging, and Le is setting up. Smith lands a shot and misses a high kick, and Le retreats. Le staggers Smith with a shot punch, and Smith shoots in. Le throws a few short rights. Le throws knees to the shoulder while controlling the head. Smith on his knees and absorbing rights to the body. Smith stands briefly, then drops to a knee again. Smith works up again and drives Le into the cage. Working from the clinch, and Le's back to the cage. Smith fires a few punches as they break. Big left hands cote from Smith. Le backs away and lands a hight kick. Less than a minute. Le scores with a few knees and Smith hits the deck. Le controls the position as he lands a few short punches. Big right to the ribs at the bell, and Le takes the opening round, 10-9.

Round 2 - Smith moves forward again, but Le lands a few crisp shots. Smith staggers back then moves forward again. High kicks land. Spinning backfist rocks Smith. Le swarms, and Smith might not get a chance for third-round heroics. Left hands to the head. Knee to the body. Smith somehow works back to hs feet, and they eventually break and restart. Smith seats another spinning backfist. He grabs his ribs which must be broken. Le pounces for a few massive uppercuts on the floor. Herzog gives Smith every opportunity, but he's obviously hurt, and Le isn't quitting. Kim Winslow says , "Let 'em fight!" but Herzog has seen enough.

Cung Le def. Scott Smith via TKO (strikes) - Round 2, 1:46.
Link

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.