Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Why in the world would Strikeforce decide to do their own testing? I see this whole thing blowing up in their faces. The only way this can be a good move on their part is if one of the fighters tests positive and they make the move to cut him from the card. If Strikeforce publishes the tests came back negative (even if it is the truth) there will be suspicion.

On the other hand, maybe they have already chosen a sacrificial lamb to add credibility to their testing. Who knows.

The point is there is too much grey area and reason for specualtion from press, fans, commissions and general public.

There is no way that the promoter is not at a confilct-of-interest in such a situation - best to keep out of it. They have what seems to be a good fight card and what appears to be an open invitation to not testing - just put on the event and move on.

·
-NOW YOU SLEEP-
10,940 Posts
Ubereem broke the test machines... ;)

Reactions: Rusko

·
I Finish Threads
9,061 Posts
^^^^that wasn't really necessary man. try being a little nicer.

Anyway, Strikeforce did announce some results yesterday, Ubereem was one of them and he passed. There are I think six other fighters that they were still awaiting results for as of yesterday. This was for SF's in-house testing (done by an independent lab) though, and doesn't reflect the state's own random post-fight testing.

http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/Overeem-5-Others-Pass-Strikeforce-Independent-Drug-Testing-24629

·
On a Rampage
1,845 Posts
^^^^that wasn't really necessary man. try being a little nicer.

Anyway, Strikeforce did announce some results yesterday, Ubereem was one of them and he passed. There are I think six other fighters that they were still awaiting results for as of yesterday. This was for SF's in-house testing (done by an independent lab) though, and doesn't reflect the state's own random post-fight testing.

http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/Overeem-5-Others-Pass-Strikeforce-Independent-Drug-Testing-24629
Overeem passed the "internal Strikeforce testing" not actual testing done by the commission. Not saying that Strikeforce did anything shady, but they had no obligation to release test results or do any specific tests.

·
I Finish Threads
9,061 Posts
^^^I mentioned that in my post. It wasn't that long :p

According to SF, they chose to do their own testing because the Missouri Commission was only planning to do random post-fight testing, and they didn't want to deal with accusations about Alistair should he not be one of the randomly tested fighters.

·
On a Rampage
1,845 Posts
^^^I mentioned that in my post. It wasn't that long :p

According to SF, they chose to do their own testing because the Missouri Commission was only planning to do random post-fight testing, and they didn't want to deal with accusations about Alistair should he not be one of the randomly tested fighters.
Right but all that Strikeforce has to do is say we did testing. They are under no legal obligation to run a full gamut of testing, or even run any. If this was Dana everyone would be questioning his word. Coker says it and everyone takes it as gospel.

·
I Finish Threads
9,061 Posts
^^^Who do you think is running the testing when the UFC does shows outside the states?

I'm also curious who you are referring to when you say "everyone takes it as gospel". It hasn't happened that way in this thread and I've seen quite of lot of contention regarding the topic elsewhere. If anything I think people have been extremely skeptical about the results of Ubereem's Strikeforce test, as opposed to Pride, Dream, UFC's out of country, etc where the exact same lack of compulsion or transparency exists.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts