Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
21,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From ST. Louis' ScottTrade Center:

ST. LOUIS – MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) was on scene for today's official "Strikeforce St. Louis: Heavy Artillery" fighter weigh-ins.

Today's festivities, which were free and open to the public, took place on the main concourse of Scottrade Center in St. Louis, the same venue that hosts Saturday's Showtime-televised event.

Strikeforce heavyweight champion Alistair Overeem tipped the scales at 253 pounds, while fellow main-eventer Brett Rogers weighed in at 264 pounds.

Fellow heavyweights Andrei Arlovski and Antonio Silva also made their co-main event official before engaging in an intense staredown, while middleweights Ronald "Jacare" Souza and Joey Villasenor also hit the scales in anticipation of their heavily anticipated 185-pound contest.

Rounding out the main card are Roger Gracie vs. Kevin Randleman and Antwain Britt vs. Rafael "Feijao" Cavalcante.

The evening's seven-fight preliminary card is heavy on local talent, while Lyle Beerbohm also meets Vitor "Shaolin" Ribeiro.

The full results included:

MAIN CARD

* Champ Alistair Overeem (253) vs. Brett Rogers (264) – for heavyweight title
* Andrei Arlovski (242) vs. Antonio Silva (265.5)
* Ronaldo "Jacare" Souza (186.5) vs. Joey Villasenor (186)
* Roger Gracie (205.75) vs. Kevin Randleman (205)
* Antwain Britt (204.5) vs. Rafael "Feijao" Cavalcante (206)

PRELIMINARY CARD (un-aired)

* Justin DeMoney (169) vs. Jesse Finney (172)
* Lyle Beerbohm (156) vs. Vitor Ribeiro (156)
* Darryl Cobb (184) vs. Booker DeRousse (187)
* Mike Chandler (170) vs. Sal Woods (170)
* Lee Brousseau (204) vs. Fransisco France (206)
* Tom Aaron (157.5) vs. Erik Steenberg (155)
* Matt Ricehouse (156) vs. Greg Wilson (155)
Link

·
Premium Member
21,821 Posts
Ugh, Arlovski does not look like he is in that great of shape. I bet on him and am kinda worried now.

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
Ugh, Arlovski does not look like he is in that great of shape. I bet on him and am kinda worried now.

I can see what you mean but maybe this is an indication he is spending most of his time on his holes and improving his game rather then looking like his usual ripped self.

Not to say AA was never focused before but maybe he is just spending more time on striking defence etc etc. I hope so anyways I really want to see him make a comeback.

·
Premium Member
21,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Photo's of the whole card during stare downs:

Rogers vs Overeem

Silva vs Arlovski

Villasenor vs Souza

Randleman vs Gracie

Cavalcante vs Britt

DeMoney vs Finney

Beerbohm vs Ribeiro

Cobb vs DeRousse

Woods vs Chandler

Brousseau vs France

Steenberg vs Aaron

Wilson vs Ricehouse

And, uh, who is this guy walking to the stage with Cavalcante I wonder... :confused02:

Link

·
LONGHAIRED COUNTRYBOY
9,814 Posts

for a moment I thought you 'shopped bigfoots head. If he bleached his hair he could change his nickname to bigtito.
I bet on silva. No one can focus on fighting with a woman like AA's.

·
Premium Member
21,821 Posts
Brett Rogers does not look mean with out the Mohawk, he went from looking like a bad ass to looking like a real freindly guy.

·
Registered
643 Posts
well.. I was referring to her but I might be a little behind times.
mmm, dark hair, blue eyes... God bless. And Brett needs to grow the hawk back, he doesn't look right. I thought the same thing on the last TUF episode too, seeing Chuck with the hair grown out on the sides that blended in.

·
LONGHAIRED COUNTRYBOY
9,814 Posts
To the kind soul who educated me on Silva's condition Acromegaly thank you. Between tattooing bigfoot on his arm and taking steroids I doubt he is as sensitive as you are on the subject.

wonder what they call the condition of only having the fortitude to neg anonymously?

·
Premium Member
21,821 Posts
doesn't look that big next to Overeem either. he looked like a monster beside fedor.
Rogers would have looked like a monster next to Overeem 5 years ago.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts