1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Event: Strikeforce St. Louis: Heavy Artillery
Date: May 15th 2010 on Showtime

Main Card: televised on Showtime

Alistair Overeem vs Brett Rogers (heavyweight title)
Andrei Arlovski vs. Antonio Silva
Ronaldo "Souza" Jacare vs. Joey Villasenor
Roger Gracie vs. Kevin Randleman
Antwain Britt vs. Rafael "Feijao" Cavalcante

Preliminary card

Justin DeMoney vs. Jesse Finney
Lyle Beerbohm vs. Vitor "Shaolin" Ribeiro
Lee Brousseau vs. Fransisco "Kiko" France
Mike Chandler vs. Sal Woods
Pat Benson vs. Erik Steenberg
Tom Aaron vs. Matt Ricehouse
Darryl Cobb vs. Booker DeRousse

Card subject to change

·
-DIBKIS-
21,135 Posts
I am interested to see how Arlovski does against Silva. I am hoping that he gets a big win here. I am also really looking forward to seeing Jacare fight as well as Overeem finally defending his belt.

·
Registered
349 Posts
I dont have Showtime but Directv usually has them for 24.95 to order I have ordered 1 Carano vs Cyborg and was dissaointed to say the least.My question is should I order it or find somewhere online I mean Overeem vs Rogers should be good and Silva vs Arlovski is getting alot of talk but I am actually really inticed by Smokin Joey vs Jacare should be a good clash of styles but dont know if this card is worth 24.95.

·
All Eyez on Me
2,481 Posts
I dont have Showtime but Directv usually has them for 24.95 to order I have ordered 1 Carano vs Cyborg and was dissaointed to say the least.My question is should I order it or find somewhere online I mean Overeem vs Rogers should be good and Silva vs Arlovski is getting alot of talk but I am actually really inticed by Smokin Joey vs Jacare should be a good clash of styles but dont know if this card is worth 24.95.
Im not sure how directTV works but with comcast I can order showtime for the day or even hours and then call them to remove it when im done. that way im not paying 15 bucks for the whole month i'll just have the charges prorated.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Anyone have predictions for the fights?

I think Overeem beats Rodgers, but as we have seen in the past, Rodgers can over-achieve. He can Knock Rodgers out easily, he just has to get past his pseudo-technical stand-up. It's hard for me to call who I will be rooting for, but probably Overeem.

The AA-Big foot fight scares me. I have been a Andrei fan since I started watching MMA. The Fedor loss was messed up, the Brett lose was even worse. He's stepping in there with a guy who can KO anyone...I just don't know. Put your money on Big foot I think.

Jacare, baring a brutal ko, takes Joey down and subs him.

The same goes for the Roger fight.

I think Britt wins via TKO.

·
Premium Member
3,535 Posts
My picks:

Main Card: televised on Showtime

Alistair Overeem vs Brett Rogers (heavyweight title)
Andrei Arlovski vs. Antonio Silva
Ronaldo "Souza" Jacare vs. Joey Villasenor
Roger Gracie vs. Kevin Randleman
Antwain Britt vs. Rafael "Feijao" Cavalcante

The Main and Co-Main Event were the hardest fights to pick, but I see the other 3 going the way of the guy I've picked. Looking forward to seeing the greatest grappler in the world in action for Strikeforce. Hopefully he'll pull out an impressive quick sub of Randleman. Should be a good card. The US return of Overeem defending his HW title against a dangerous contender in Rogers, the return of the re-focused Andrei Arlovski, 2 high level BJJ black belts on the card in Jacare and Gracie and the promising Antwain Britt is in action. Should be a good one.

·
Registered
349 Posts
I really am excited for this event but dont really know anything about the first 2 fights but Suoza vs Villasenor is a good clash of styles and really became a Souza fan after the Lindland fight.And the main two fights are toss ups and should be good never seen Overeem fight(besides the Chuck KO) and Rogers has killer power.I could easily see Arlovski getting KOed his chin just sucks

·
Gone Fishing
4,534 Posts
I just called Direct tv to sign up for showtime and had planned on shutting it off tomorrow but they're offering it free for 3 months right now anyway. Make sure they set it up soon enough to record though since it can take 24-48 hours to let you. Hope that helps:thumb02:

·
Gone Fishing
4,534 Posts
I'm not sure of the question? I just called them to ask if I could add it for a day and they said they are currently offering it for a free service. What I meant about the wait was only pertaining to the ability to record it on the dvr. I ran into this when I signed up for vs to watch a wec ppv on the day of the fights. The next day when I looked at the dvr it said part or all of this program did not record. You'll be able to watch it either way.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Well honestly just ordered Showtime its only 12 dollars a month and i figured that was good enough to see Strikeforce along with maybe a good movie every now and then u know even if I just have it for a month I will get to see Heavy Artillery,Los Angeles,and Fedor vs Werdum should see some great fights

And just watched the weigh ins if Gracie has any striking he should take this he has a big size advantage please Gracies give us at least a decent showing stop embarrasing the name.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts