Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1. CBS doesn't really seem interested anymore given that that there last few events were on Showtime. Fedor's loss tonight may be the final nail in the coffin.

2. They were obviously trying to build up the Overeem/Fedor fight, instead Fedor loses his mystique on a weak (popularity wise) Showtime headline against Werdum.

3. Now with Werdum saying he wants to face Brock, he's obviously not going to be staying in this picture as I'm sure Dana will come at him with an open wallet. Who does Fedor fight next? Bigfoot? Overeem?

4. Then we have to consider that Strikeforce has been been paying Fedor out of the ear since he signed and he was the star of the promotion bar none. His mystique was pretty much based on his record and not that he's been handed his first real loss one can help but wonder what kind of drawing power he'll have.

I don't think Strikeforce will close their doors but I can definitely see them go back to what the were pre-Fedor.

·
HiiiPoWeR
17,676 Posts
The HW is looking a bit shady, i agree. Damn, i wanted to see that Ubereem vbs Fedor ultimate fight.

·
-NOW YOU SLEEP-
10,940 Posts
Strikeforce was very strong before Fedor.

And will be so afterhand.

·
-NOW YOU SLEEP-
10,940 Posts

·
The Title Guy
18,060 Posts
2 Strikeforce Cards

Could you please tell me then who he's going to face in Strikeforce, cause he can't face Overeeem right away!

·
-NOW YOU SLEEP-
10,940 Posts
Could you please tell me then who he's going to face in Strikeforce, cause he can't face Overeeem right away!

I'm not the Strikeforce matchmaker.

Just like I can't tell you who Jackson is going to face due to his last loss to Evans...

If I had to guess...it would be between.....

Fedor VS Antonio SIlva
Fedpr VS Kharinotov
Fedor VS the winner of Del Rosario/Mahe
Fedor VS Rogers 2

·
Premium Member
3,535 Posts
Rogers got a title shot after losing his last fight. Wouldn't be a huge surprise to see Strikeforce give the shot to Fedor if Werdum leaves for the UFC TBH.

·
The Title Guy
18,060 Posts
Level

Antonio Silva just dealt Andrei Arlovski his third loss in four fights, Sergei Kharitonov's last fight was a loss to Jeff Monson last year, Del Rosario and Mahe are two up and comers who have no business in the same stadium as Fedor, and Rogers just got his ass handed to him by Overeem. Don't get me started on Lashley!

·
HiiiPoWeR
17,676 Posts
I wouldn't mind seeing Andrei-Fedor II, but he just got defeated by Antonio, and it's 3 in a row now. Maybe Fedor fights Antonio Silva now?

·
-NOW YOU SLEEP-
10,940 Posts
Antonio Silva just dealt Andrei Arlovski his third loss in four fights, Sergei Kharitonov's last fight was a loss to Jeff Monson last year, Del Rosario and Mahe are two up and comers who have no business in the same stadium as Fedor, and Rogers just got his ass handed to him by Overeem. Don't get me started on Lashley!
Did Thiago belong in the same cage as Kos? Alexandar as Jardine? No they didn't. it's all about what sells tickets period.

Le/Smith 2 was equivilant to Lesnar/Mir 2. But you hear naysayers repeat the same song.. blah, blah Strikeforce sucks.....

No. UFC nuthuggers suck. Period.

·
Takedown, Dominate & Destroy
2,060 Posts
With M1 taking HALF the profits from all of their recent cards and then Strikeforce having to pay M1's fighters aswell I suspect Strikeforce is hurting financially right now. This is major blow to them. Many casual fans won't be tuning in anymore even when Fedor fights.

Ive got a feeling they will be going the way of Affliction soon enough, if not splitting up with M1 cutting their losses and going back to a much more small time show like they were allready succeeding at.

Hopefuly the latter though because Strikeforce is a good oganizaton. Coker has just made some bad decisions lately.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Did Thiago belong in the same cage as Kos? Alexandar as Jardine? No they didn't. it's all about what sells tickets period.

Le/Smith 2 was equivilant to Lesnar/Mir 2. But you hear naysayers repeat the same song.. blah, blah Strikeforce sucks.....

No. UFC nuthuggers suck. Period.
How can someone not belong in the same cage as someone else yet still knock them out?

I'm confused how Le/Smith 2 is anywhere near the same thing as Lesnar/MIr 2, one was a title unification fight at heavyweight on the largest promotion in the world and the other (while a fun fight) had no where near as much riding on it and was put on by a company that is running a very distant second to the UFC.

I like Strikeforce but its an inferior brand all round plain and simple. I do however love MMA and think Strikeforce has put on some good cards of late but its like comparing apples and oranges, they are the same shape but thats about it.

·
NO. 1 *BONER*
7,727 Posts
No. Actually i don't think so.
I think exactly the opposite.
Now SF seems to be more interesting. Fedor's loss gives them more credibility tbh.
They were know as the fighting organisation that is home to Fedor - the legend, the fighter who was supposed to be invincible.
Now he lost, and that just proved that SF isn't a one-fighter oriented organisation.
This proved they have good fighters in their organisation, capable of fighting great fights.

·
HiiiPoWeR
17,676 Posts
Too bad that this good fighter who beat their top guy was mumbling about fighting Brock Lesnar next.

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
It's not bad if Fedor sticks around he can rematch Werdum beat him and then go right into the Overeem fight.

Besides Overeem vs Werdum II will be fun.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts