Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have never liked Strikeforce since they started to try and compete directly with the UFC.

I must say I am amazed at how their credibility has dropped over the past few events though.

Henderson paid big bucks and brought in take over the middle weight and light weight divisions but loses in his debut to Shields who is now going to the UFC.

Brawl after the Shields fight.

Up and coming future phenom Mousasi defeated by King Mo.

Star fighter Fedor refused to fight so Brett Rogers coming off a loss fights for the title and gets manhandled.

Fedor brought in to be the main star of Strikeforce and he loses to Werdum in his 2nd fight before even earning the HW title.

Strikeforce's biggest star now is Cyborg and she doesn't even have any competition...

Can't be too long before Strikeforce folds now or shrinks back to where they should have stayed.

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
Stop Hatin lol...

I don't know nothing is going good for Strikeforce it's like its a cursed promotion or something. Tonight felt weird though I had a gut feeling Fedor was gonna lose somehow.

·
Call Me King
419 Posts
Stop Hatin lol...

I don't know nothing is going good for Strikeforce it's like its a cursed promotion or something. Tonight felt weird though I had a gut feeling Fedor was gonna lose somehow.
Me too, he didn't seemed as focused as normal. The girlfriend, his head was clean shaven (which he never does), he was jumpy before the fight. He wasn't on point, and idk, I'm just happy.

·
All Eyez on Me
2,481 Posts
I have never liked Strikeforce since they started to try and compete directly with the UFC.

I must say I am amazed at how their credibility has dropped over the past few events though.

Henderson paid big bucks and brought in take over the middle weight and light weight divisions but loses in his debut to Shields who is now going to the UFC.

Star fighter Fedor refused to fight so Brett Rogers coming off a loss fights for the title and gets manhandled.

Fedor brought in to be the main star of Strikeforce and he loses to Werdum in his 2nd fight before even earning the HW title.

Strikeforce's biggest star now is Cyborg and she doesn't even have any competition...

Can't be too long before Strikeforce folds now or shrinks back to where they should have stayed.
No offense but please stop this crap, you really sound like a puppet for dana white...especially the part where you hate them for competing "directly" with UFC. its quite silly please let it go.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Fedor losing should not be that big of deal. It happens. What was funny though is the looks on the M1 goons faces after the fight. Actually the look on everyones faces. Looked like they just lost a bag for of money or something...:confused02:

They should have learned from EliteXC. Touting one or two fighters as the second coming of Christ is not a good idea. They eventually loose and since you spent zero time hyping and building the rest of your roster you end up shit creek.

Even Werdum seemed to know that him winning was not very good for Strikeforce. Referring to him as still the best and pretty much sacrificing himself to a rematch. No concern for the belt at all. He knows how much Fedor meant to the organization. Overeem looked just as sad as the M1 and Strikeforce brass...also looking like he just lost a bag full of money.:sarcastic02:

I wonder if the UFC will extend an offer to Werdum now? Ya think?

·
Registered
643 Posts
I doubt the M1 curse folds Strikeforce, but it sure as hell hasn't helped them. I hope SF positions themselves as a nice feeder organization to the UFC, as the clearcut path to the big show.

·
Registered
703 Posts
The only thing that would hurt it's credibility in my eyes is if they did a rematch instead of Werdum fighting Overeem.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Damn you are a hater. I have enjoyed EVERY Strikeforce event and only wish them the best. For 25 bucks I can't bitch. I like how TS talks ignorant shit but he obviously bought the Strikeforce card tonight.

Fedor vs. anyone is still gonna be a HUGE draw as people will want to see if he can return to his old ways.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Damn you are a hater. I have enjoyed EVERY Strikeforce event and only wish them the best. For 25 bucks I can't bitch. I like how TS talks ignorant shit but he obviously bought the Strikeforce card tonight.

Fedor vs. anyone is still gonna be a HUGE draw as people will want to see if he can return to his old ways.
Bought? It was free where I live.

·
Premium Member
4,222 Posts
Post like these is what makes me mad, how are u going to hate on the little guys trying to make money in a sport that is dominanted by the UFC. Yes they have there flaws but i enjoy there shows I have no ocmplant because there free. If they were charging me 60 dollars to buy it I would pass. But u can't get on SF because its a good production and keeps the UFC honest.

·
Premium Member
390 Posts
SF is fine as long as they are still profitable.

They most likely realized that Shields was going to bolt after the final fight of his contract and so they put their eggs in the Henderson basket.

Fedor only has one fight left on his contract and so SF was simply milking him for as much as they can. They would have had Fedor vs. Overeem except that M-1 forced SF to renegotiate terms and that took too long.

SF is essentially a AAA minor league, they'll get the UFC castoffs and others that simply don't want to fight for the UFC.

I won't shed a tear if SF folds, but I don't really have a problem with them existing.

·
Registered
97 Posts
“The one who doesn’t fall doesn’t stand up” - Fedor Emelianenko

Now he's got a legitimate loss in his record, the question now is how he approaches the future? Werdum is currently the best heavyweight practicing BJJ, his ADCC 2009 championship proves it. Submitting Fedor comes with no surprise, Fedor looked bad with Mark Hunt on top of him. As for Strikeforce, this is good for them because they can market more athletes than just Fedor.

As for Fedor, he can now breathe easier because a huge chunk of pressure is off his shoulders. No one in MMA has more pressure in winning all his fights than Fedor. What's next for him should be more interesting than his loss.

·
Registered
603 Posts

Great shout mate, I couldn't give a crap about orgs I just wanna see great fights regardless of where they take place, whether it was Pride, UFC,K1-HERO'S, CAGE RAGE, BELLATOR,WEC who cares.
Both Strikeforce and UFC have had stupid incidents of late, Pride and Cage rage in the past had them to, and no doubt there will be more as all sports suffer from stupid behaviour which is part of the wow factor for watching at times.
I think that a FEDOR loss will make things more interesting in some ways, as no one really knows what will happen now as regards to opponents, I certainly won't be turning off anytime soon if he fights, just because of a Tyson/Buster Douglas upset moment although it was a great sub.

·
Registered
619 Posts
That card was great...better than the last few UFC's
Just shows how subjective entertainment really is. I could not disagree more. I have gotten a lot of entertainment out of UFC's and WEC's recent cards. I enjoyed Kung's performance a lot but the rest of the show was just okay for me.

·
The American Psycho
6,946 Posts

Dude, shit happens! Fights aren't always going to be exciting and outcomes of the fights aren't always predictable. That is the nature of the beast we call MMA!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.