Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Back In Black
Joined
·
4,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was thinking that Swick would actually be a good fight for Silva. Both have Incredibly fast hands and great power. I think that both would want to bang and that Silva might want be a little more cautious coming in.

Rich comes from strange angles, Swick comes straight in with speed and power.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
542 Posts
Chrisl972 said:
I was thinking that Swick would actually be a good fight for Silva. Both have Incredibly fast hands and great power. I think that both would want to bang and that Silva might want be a little more cautious coming in.

Rich comes from strange angles, Swick comes straight in with speed and power.
I do think Swick has the potential to surprise a lot of people, I said this right after the Franklin fight. The guy will have a good game plan, he's a landslide underdog so there is 0 pressure on him to win and he's extremely determined. He's been doing some very special things in the UFC lately. Check out the UFC website for a new article on him and his desire to fight Silva. Do I think he'll win ... NO ... but he will make a much better fight of it than Franklin
 

·
Back In Black
Joined
·
4,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Slick_Fugitive said:
I do think Swick has the potential to surprise a lot of people, I said this right after the Franklin fight. The guy will have a good game plan, he's a landslide underdog so there is 0 pressure on him to win and he's extremely determined. He's been doing some very special things in the UFC lately. Check out the UFC website for a new article on him and his desire to fight Silva. Do I think he'll win ... NO ... but he will make a much better fight of it than Franklin
Does that mean that you think Swick would take Franklin?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,374 Posts
I think Swick should fight Leben first before Silva, he didnt look brilliant against loiseau so will need to improve before fighting Silva.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,749 Posts
good point

Could swick take franklin...dont get me wrong swick is a bad man and trains hard!!!!!!! but im kinda convienced that Anderson is gonna be pretty dominate.....do you think that will be Andersons next fight i mena it kinda makes sense....Rich got tore up by him so i guess we will see
 

·
Back In Black
Joined
·
4,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
pt447 said:
i can't believe anyone even thinks this...


swick would/will get murdered!

he's not even on the same plane of existance as silva!
I don't know about that. I'm not saying that Anderson is not a better fighter, but I think that they do match up very well. I think it's a fight that will surprise most people.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
542 Posts
Chrisl972 said:
Does that mean that you think Swick would take Franklin?
No, I think Franklin would win against Swick .. but Franklin either came in with a bad game plan or was simply taken out of his game plan by a superior fighter in Silva. I just think Swick will have the benefit of understanding what Silva is a bit better and he won't have the same pressure on him as Franklin did ... really there was HUGE pressure on Rich. I really think fighters will develop good strategies against Silva ... he's still gonna be tough to beat but I don't think he'll be blowing through guys for long
 

·
Back In Black
Joined
·
4,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
BrutalKO said:
...liveson777...Nice Pic of one of the two next UFC HW champions.

P.S. Those are the two baddest dudes in the world in MMA!
What makes you think that either one of them will fight in the UFC???

They are on top of Pride right now and Pride pays out a lot more than UFC.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,999 Posts
Swick vs. Anderson Silva

...Well Anderson Silva has been impressive with that Muy Thai Clinch that destoyed both Leben & embarrassed MW Champion Franklin. Both are killer strikers. If Swick avoids that devasting Clinch, he has a good chance to win. Besides, I think Swick is a little faster than Silva at stand up striking.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,374 Posts
Franklin can come back better and i think if he builds himself up say over 2-3 fights he has a 50/50 chance against Silva,
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
49 Posts
Silva is on a different plane of existence when it comes to standup. His clinch wasnt just great, it was better than anything the UFC has ever seen before. And he has phenomenal ground skills. The guy is gonna be here for a while. But the Pride fans already knew that.

Silva vs. Swick? Silva, TKO in the first via decapitation.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,788 Posts
Swick is no where near the level of talent Anderson Silva possess


Silva by KO in less then 2 minutes
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,788 Posts
for christ sake , Swick still neeeds to beat Leben .... hahahah and we all seen what Leben did to Swick the 1st time.... and then what Silva did to Leben... brutal, you ccant compare swick to silva
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,989 Posts
I don't know how "well" Mike matches up with Anderson. By the looks of things, and I could be wrong here...I don't think Swick would be even as strong as Rich was in the clinch with Anderson. That could spell DISASTER.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
32 Posts
pt447 said:
i can't believe anyone even thinks this...


swick would/will get murdered!

he's not even on the same plane of existance as silva!

You say that - but how many people were saying Rich was gonna slaughter Silva??
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,961 Posts
no current middleweight is gonna outstrike silva, we all know thats what swick would try to do, he would try to KO silva, and in doing so, hes gonna get KTFO..its gonna take a great grappler to beat silva..i think some one like david terrell or lindland if they sign him to beat silva, someone is gonna have to neutralize silvas striking by putting him on his back and initiating some g and p
 

·
Back In Black
Joined
·
4,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
hamilali said:
You say that - but how many people were saying Rich was gonna slaughter Silva??
That is a great point, I think that we all know that Swick is a much different fighter now then he was when he fought Leban.

All I know is that I think it would be a very good fight, might not be a long fight, but a good one.
 
1 - 20 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top