Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

Who would come out victorious Swick or Marquardt?

• Swick

Votes: 24 72.7%
  • Marquardt

Votes: 9 27.3%
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a feeling Swicks next fight will be aginst either Leben or Marquardt. I think more than likely he'll fight Marquardt and I was woundering who people think will win. I think Swicks has the potential to finish the fight by KO. I really think people overrate Marquardt a tad. Regaudless of the winner this would be one hell of a fight. Much more exciting than SwickLeben2 IMO. Even though it would be nice for Swick to get some redemption aginst the only man to beat him.

discuss.

·
Hammer Fist Elbow
350 Posts
I hope Swick smashes Nate with a nice 15-30 second knockout like some of his other fights. If he did then Dana White would obviously give Swick a title shot or a #2-3 title contender spot. If Dana doesnt do that soon he needs some serious mental help.

·
Premium Member
5,961 Posts
marquardt has been in there against better competition than swick, with all his pancrase backround i think he submits swick in the second round

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
jdun11 said:
marquardt has been in there against better competition than swick, with all his pancrase backround i think he submits swick in the second round
I dunno man Swicks pritty good with submissions. Im not saying hes great with them but I think hes good enough to be able to avoid getting sub'ed. I see him keeping it standing and winning.

·
attention whore
14,445 Posts
I like Swick, but I think Marquardt would beat him. Marquardt is a better grappler, and is a decent striker. Swick is really quick(No pun intended), but sometimes he throws wildly. Swick's ground game looks decent, but his chin is questionable(Leben fight for example).

·
Registered
669 Posts
Well i was a Nate Marquette fan till i found out he was a roider.

I was watchn Ivan Salaverrys interview from a while back and he was sayn "Nate you owe me a fight, you were on roids and you owe me that rematch and i don't care wheres its at"

But ya i like swick a ton and i think he can beat Nate, hes much faster and may not show it but just as strong imo.

·
Registered
2,567 Posts
Matt_Serra_Fan said:
I hope Swick smashes Nate with a nice 15-30 second knockout like some of his other fights. If he did then Dana White would obviously give Swick a title shot or a #2-3 title contender spot. If Dana doesnt do that soon he needs some serious mental help.
swick is probably going to get the next shot at silva anyway considering all his wins in the ufc.

·
attention whore
14,445 Posts
Spit206Fire said:
Well i was a Nate Marquette fan till i found out he was a roider.

I was watchn Ivan Salaverrys interview from a while back and he was sayn "Nate you owe me a fight, you were on roids and you owe me that rematch and i don't care wheres its at"

But ya i like swick a ton and i think he can beat Nate, hes much faster and may not show it but just as strong imo.
False positive.

·
Registered
354 Posts
TheJame said:
I'd like some more light Shed on Marquardt being on roids? Where did all of this come from? It's the first I've heard of it.
MMA WEEKLY - Your #1 Source for Daily MMA News, Interviews, Multimedia, and More

Nandrolone metabolite, the steroid that showed up on Marquardt’s test, is considered one of the most effective performance enhancing steroids there is, but also is one of the most highly detectable. It is also one of the more common contaminants in over the counter supplements. According to a study reported in the Journal of the American Medical Association and other reports, trace amounts in sufficient quantities to cause a drug test failure have been found in over the counter supplements in the United States, the United Kingdom, Germany, and Italy. Some of the contaminated supplements reportedly included iron tablets in Italy, creatine powder in Germany, androstenedione in the United Kingdom and the United States, and even in a protein powder in the United States.

This unexpected news left us unbelieving, and in a state of shock. At this point, we can only assume this is a false-positive result, possibly due to some flaw in the testing process. For those reasons, Nathan has voluntarily submitted to two additional tests, one conducted in Colorado this past weekend, and a second in Nevada on Monday. We are confident the new tests will exonerate Nathan of these allegations.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Mike Swick by 2nd round TKO.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Wombatsu said:
very true...g'day mr diaz !!!

nate is not the sort of guy i can imagine taking roids in any way shape or form....id be totally shocked if this were true at all.
I bet you the dirty **** bunted them up his filthy veins with Tito's allready used pick

·
Registered
4,806 Posts
Wombatsu said:
very true...g'day mr diaz !!!

nate is not the sort of guy i can imagine taking roids in any way shape or form....id be totally shocked if this were true at all.
Yeah I wouldn't think that he would either. But you never know, his jaw is pretty squared out. Either way, Nate's the shit and I hope he is champ someday

·
Registered
227 Posts
cabby said:
Yeah I wouldn't think that he would either. But you never know, his jaw is pretty squared out. Either way, Nate's the shit and I hope he is champ someday
Gawd this is stupid... Syliva takes roids and hes a loser this **** takes roids and yous are defending him the drug tests dont lie.....

·
Registered
4,806 Posts
Maniac said:
Gawd this is stupid... Syliva takes roids and hes a loser this **** takes roids and yous are defending him the drug tests dont lie.....
I was talking about Nate Marquardt not Sylvia. And not to start a battle or anything but I'm sure alot of top athletes, any sport, have used something or will someday. Look at the competition guys get better and better. Some people will use just for that extra edge, they don't always win though.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts