Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
honestly though if you watch the fights the ground I think is where swick would have his best shot. No it wouldnt be easy at all. But swick is very very quick (sorry for terrible pun). So is the spider. But it with a submission that swick could pull this off.

Standing up might be a real bad idea.

·
Registered
243 Posts
swick u will be eating canvas within 1 minute unless u run sprints for 25 minutes you want a shot at the money not the title u have not beat anybody at a decent pride fighting level keep praying u dont deserve it at all i wont pay 5 cents to watch a mismatch

·
attention whore
14,445 Posts
Like someone said, anything can happen in MMA, but I really don't see Swick beating Silva. Hell, I don't even see Swick making it past the first round. Silva will not be hesitant like Loiseau in the fight, and Swick will have to find a way to deal with Silva's precision. Silva is a pretty strong guy as well, he manhandled Franklin in the clinch(Even throwing him into the cage). Swick is way outta his league here.

I like Swick, and see potential in him, but he will be decimated.

·
Banned
2,317 Posts
Damone said:
Like someone said, anything can happen in MMA, but I really don't see Swick beating Silva. Hell, I don't even see Swick making it past the first round. Silva will not be hesitant like Loiseau in the fight, and Swick will have to find a way to deal with Silva's precision. Silva is a pretty strong guy as well, he manhandled Franklin in the clinch(Even throwing him into the cage). Swick is way outta his league here.

I like Swick, and see potential in him, but he will be decimated.

I agree... I think he only did so well against the crow because they were both being pretty carefull.
I dont think Silva will be so hesitant

·
Registered
3,763 Posts
If Swick gets the shot at Marquardt it's bullshit. Swick has no chance here. People are acting like its gonna be easy for him to just take him down and submitt him. His ass will be knocked out before he even gets the chance.

·
I eat babies
7,647 Posts
asskicker said:
If Swick gets the shot at Marquardt it's bullshit. Swick has no chance here. People are acting like its gonna be easy for him to just take him down and submitt him. His ass will be knocked out before he even gets the chance.
No shit man...

I like Swick but he's not going to be able to get him to the ground and he's definately not going to beat him standing up. Even if he does get him to the ground, Silva's been on the ground with some of the best ground guys in the game. Swick would need a miracle at this point in his career.

·
Premium Member
1,487 Posts
This thread sounds like all of the threads saying that Silva can't beat Franklin. I don't think one more fight is going to get swick anymore ready. Silva v. Swick would probably mirror the domination of Franklin v. Quarry....although Franklin v. Silva was much uglier and much more dominating. When will Silva defend, Jan 07?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Silva is going to make quick of swick.
I don't see Swick being able to get an advantage in all departments.

I personally believe Swick's stand up isn't all that great. His punches are wild and he charges foward without hesitation.
Perfect for Silva to slowly eat away at.

I can't say I know Swick's ground game much, because i've only seen him pull off that swick-a-tine.
But what I do know is that Silva is no idiot on the ground. He may not be a submissionist, but he sure knows how to stay out of danger.
(Don't give me that BS about Chonan's flying scissors. I wouldn't have seen it coming and nither would have anyone!)

All in all, Silva is going to take a big monkey shit on Swick's head and then send him on his way.
Swick needs to fight more dangerous fighters than a shell-shocked Loiseau and Joe Riggs before reaching Silva.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.