Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
LEGEND
1,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I must've watched a different fight than the rest of you. I am aware, like everyone else, that if you're the callenger, you have to WIN the belt. The decision will go to the Champ 9 out of 10 times. However, Sylvia's display was a joke. Over all, it was just a pathetic fight in general - more like a light warm up for sparring. But to say that Sylvia beat Arlovski is just sad. Andre was cut twice, but that was 2 out of 4 punches Sylvia managed to plant ( okay, I exaggerate a little ). Arlovski dominated 4 out of 5 rounds, and picked Sylvia's face the whole fight. It wasn't even close to being enough, but it was alot more than Sylvia did. It looked like molasses trying to race a cheetah. Sylvia was outmatched hands down. Even though this fight wasn't an example, questionable judging is appearing more and more frequently, but that is for another blog..............

·
Registered
32 Posts
putmeonhold said:
I must've watched a different fight than the rest of you. I am aware, like everyone else, that if you're the callenger, you have to WIN the belt. The decision will go to the Champ 9 out of 10 times. However, Sylvia's display was a joke. Over all, it was just a pathetic fight in general - more like a light warm up for sparring. But to say that Sylvia beat Arlovski is just sad. Andre was cut twice, but that was 2 out of 4 punches Sylvia managed to plant ( okay, I exaggerate a little ). Arlovski dominated 4 out of 5 rounds, and picked Sylvia's face the whole fight. It wasn't even close to being enough, but it was alot more than Sylvia did. It looked like molasses trying to race a cheetah. Sylvia was outmatched hands down. Even though this fight wasn't an example, questionable judging is appearing more and more frequently, but that is for another blog..............

thats one of the problems i had with the event the other night, to me it had the feeling of a WWE payperview without all the cheesey acting.

·
Banned
110 Posts
phlacheesesteak said:
thats one of the problems i had with the event the other night, to me it had the feeling of a WWE payperview without all the cheesey acting.
Yes and the matches were a little over hyped and not that real just like WWE. But I was fine with it. After seeing Monson and Perosh I knew it wasn't like WWE. And I don't think in WWE someone would have a cut on their head and bleed non-stop and doctors would come out like Stevenson and Edwards. Overall I was fine with the PPV. The main event just sucked though. I thought it would end under a minute just like the previous Arlovski and Sylvia matches.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I'll agree that the fight sucked balls but sylvia won 4 out of the 5 rounds. He connected a hard punch to andrei in the first round that made him stumble. Then in the other rounds he happened to land more punches and amazingly landed more leg kicks then andrei.It was Sylvia all the way.

·
Registered
178 Posts
It might not have been pretty but anyone who believes that AA won 4 out of the 5 rounds might want to go watch it again.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts