Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In my opinion, I think this fight is going to go to the judges. I honestly don't think either fighter is going to win by KO, TKO, or submission. It's probably going to be another Arlovski v. Sylvia.

·
The American Psycho
6,945 Posts
Whenever the stakes are high, Sylvia tends to be luckluster. His match with Assurio Silva and Andre Arlovski shows that.

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
I think Sylvia will KO him in the 1st or 2nd Rd. Bad style matchup for Monson imo

·
Banned
1,177 Posts
Jeff Monson is a tough SOB hes won national ***** fighting championships many times. Plus hes on a 15 match winning streak. His main objective will be to try and take Tim done for ground and pound or submission. But when he does that Tim will punch him back like a dam coward the way he did to Arlovski. But I hope Monson wins I'm tired of hearing Tim Sylvia talk a bunch of crap.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Punishment 101 said:
I think Sylvia will KO him in the 1st or 2nd Rd. Bad style matchup for Monson imo
Look at the fight between Sylvia and Assuerio, that was a bas match up fight also. But, Assuerio stayed in the clinch most of the time and Sylvia couldn't capitalize with a big punch. It's going to be deja vu, watch what I am saying. Monson isn't a stupid fighter, he isn't going to let Tim just knock him out.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Rush said:
Jeff Monson is a tough SOB hes won national ***** fighting championships many times. Plus hes on a 15 match winning streak. His main objective will be to try and take Tim done for ground and pound or submission. But when he does that Tim will punch him back like a dam coward the way he did to Arlovski. But I hope Monson wins I'm tired of hearing Tim Sylvia talk a bunch of crap.
I agree, Monson ain't no chump thats for sure. I hope he takes the title... Whoever thinks Tim is just going to dominate this fight, better think again. But, still I think it's going to be a boring fight I'm sure...

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
SpiderV said:
I agree, Monson ain't no chump thats for sure. I hope he takes the title... Whoever thinks Tim is just going to dominate this fight, better think again. But, still I think it's going to be a boring fight I'm sure...

Yeah you could look at it like that , but i look at it as Monson has never beaten a name like Tim Sylvia , or a fighter as skilled as tim Sylvia , the 3 biggest names he has fought have been losses... Chuck Liddell/Forrest Griffin/Ricco Rodriguez , it was a while ago but still , he hasnt fought anyone like Sylvia , the size/reach advantage will be a huge factor in this fight too , I just dont see anyway of Monson winning this one , unless of course he gets a take down , but who ever put Sylvia on his back ? noone

i see Monson getting beaten up pretty badly then Ko'd in the end

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Punishment 101 said:
Yeah you could look at it like that , but i look at it as Monson has never beaten a name like Tim Sylvia , or a fighter as skilled as tim Sylvia , the 3 biggest names he has fought have been losses... Chuck Liddell/Forrest Griffin/Ricco Rodriguez , it was a while ago but still , he hasnt fought anyone like Sylvia , the size/reach advantage will be a huge factor in this fight too , I just dont see anyway of Monson winning this one , unless of course he gets a take down , but who ever put Sylvia on his back ? noone

We shall see...

·
Registered
669 Posts
I'm saying 1st or 2nd round submission by Monson.

I loved his choke against brandon lee hinkle lol

·
Premium Member
5,961 Posts
Punishment 101 said:

I DUNNO WAT IS PUNISHMENT101 BUT IM AGREEING WITH ALOT U HAVE TO SAY..I THINK MONSON IS GONNA GET KO'D ALSO, HE HASNT BEATEN NE ONE CLOSE TO AS GOOD AS SILVIA, NOT TO MENTION HES GIVING UP 9 INCHES, THATS CRAZY..I JUST AM TRYIN TO PICTURE FIGHTING SOMEONE THAT MUCH TALLER THAN ME, AND IT SEEMS REALLY DIFFICULT..PERSONALLY I DONT THINK MONSON DESRVES THIS TITLE SHOT, HES BEATEN NOBODIES..2ND ROUND KO

1 - 10 of 10 Posts