Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This Fight Is Another Heavyweight Stinker...sylvia Is Gonna Tee Off On Monson..ricco Is Alot Better Than Monson And Tim Killed Ricco. The Reach Advantage Is Gonna Overwhelm Monson..i Wanna Know When Im Gonna See A Good Heavyweight Fight, Maybe Mir Vs Vera

·
Registered
164 Posts
u underestimate my man monson

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
Yea i think Tim has got this one inn the bag , im predictiing a 1st/2nd Rd KO... theres nnobody really in he UFC hvw division who can put up a decent challenge to Sylvia right now, maybe after a couple more fights they can throw Vera in there with Tim or maybe even KONGO OR Buentello they would be willing to throw down

·
Premium Member
5,961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Im Not Saying Monson Sucks, Its Just Sylvia Is A Terrible Matchup For Him..the Ufc Really Needs To Beef Up This Division Because It Is Pretty Awful Imo...

·
Registered
540 Posts
D Wood said:
u underestimate my man monson[/QUOTE

Not really. At UFC 59 he fought Marcio ‘Pe De Pano’Cruz and he got a split decision. Cruz was doing good due to his reach advantage aginst Monson. Cruz is not even a boxer he's a BJJ fighter and he managed to bloody Monson up pritty nicely. Now imagine Tim Silvia's much more difinitive reach advantage and by far better striking than Cruz against Monson. Monsons ok but he's destined to loose this fight IMO.

·
Registered
379 Posts
I think sylvia is the most boring to watch EVER... I enjoy watching monson... that being said I HAVE NO IDEA ! :dunno:

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
kyle1 said:
I think sylvia is the most boring to watch EVER... I enjoy watching monson... that being said I HAVE NO IDEA ! :dunno:
everyones entitled to their own opinion but i just find it weird that you think Sylvia is a boring fighter , out of his 9 total fights in the UFC 7 of them ended in Rd 1 only 2 went to a decision and out of his 24 profesional fights only 4 in total went to a decision, 75% of the time he Knocks somene out

·
The American Psycho
6,946 Posts
I think Sylvia's is going to be too cautious to even go for a knockout against Monson. Unless Monson picks up the pace, this could be another TS vs AA 3.

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
Bonnar426 said:
I think Sylvia's is going to be too cautious to even go for a knockout against Monson. Unless Monson picks up the pace, this could be another TS vs AA 3.
I dont see that happpening , Sylvia has just fought the baddest striker in the UFC 3x now , fighting Monson ( whs basically strictly a wrestler ) is like a treat for big Tim :D Trust

·
Premium Member
5,961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i agree with punishment , i enjoy watchin sylvia fight...the only fight that was garbage was his last vs aa..every other fight has some fireworks

·
The American Psycho
6,946 Posts
jdun11 said:
i agree with punishment , i enjoy watchin sylvia fight...the only fight that was garbage was his last vs aa..every other fight has some fireworks
There were no fireworks in the Assuerio Silva fight. Sylvia just did enough to win, that all.

·
Premium Member
5,961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Bonnar426 said:
There were no fireworks in the Assuerio Silva fight. Sylvia just did enough to win, that all.
o yea i forgot about that fight..so out of all his ufc fights , hes had 2 boring ones..the rest were good imo..cabbage, ricco, aa 1 and 2, gan mcgee

·
The American Psycho
6,946 Posts
jdun11 said:
o yea i forgot about that fight..so out of all his ufc fights , hes had 2 boring ones..the rest were good imo..cabbage, ricco, aa 1 and 2, gan mcgee
I think Tim is afraid that someone will pull another Fank Mir on him. That's why he was extra cautious at Bitter Rivals.

·
Registered
30 Posts
silvia vs monson

this is a really weak fight for a pay per view headliner. I think Monson does just enough to win, unless its a fighter he can get into a submission. I think quite a few of monsons fights have been boring, but he is still a pretty good fighter. Silvia won't get taken to the ground, the big Brazilian Silva couldn't do it and neither will Monson. That was a really boring fight too. Monson won't knock him out if Andre and Cabbage couldn't. I see Silvia winning this fight the same way he beat Arlowski. Use his height and unless the guy sticks his chin out, to win it on points and not get taken down. Monson is to dominant on the ground lately and seems to have a pretty good chin. I see Silvia winning this fight handily. Honestly, the whole division needs to step up. I like the Truth Vera a lot, I've bet on him to win all of his fights. But is he really going to beat a guy who is 6-8 and outweighs him by 40 pounds. The truth should drop down and try to get a shot at 205. I think the fight everyone wants to see will die on the vine the same with Wanderli's fight did. I'd love to see a slugfest with Mark Hunt, Fedor or little bro, Cro Crop, rampage jackson, or get Bas RUtten back into the ring and give him a shot.

·
Premium Member
5,961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
aubdoggy said:
this is a really weak fight for a pay per view headliner. I think Monson does just enough to win, unless its a fighter he can get into a submission. I think quite a few of monsons fights have been boring, but he is still a pretty good fighter. Silvia won't get taken to the ground, the big Brazilian Silva couldn't do it and neither will Monson. That was a really boring fight too. Monson won't knock him out if Andre and Cabbage couldn't. I see Silvia winning this fight the same way he beat Arlowski. Use his height and unless the guy sticks his chin out, to win it on points and not get taken down. Monson is to dominant on the ground lately and seems to have a pretty good chin. I see Silvia winning this fight handily. Honestly, the whole division needs to step up. I like the Truth Vera a lot, I've bet on him to win all of his fights. But is he really going to beat a guy who is 6-8 and outweighs him by 40 pounds. The truth should drop down and try to get a shot at 205. I think the fight everyone wants to see will die on the vine the same with Wanderli's fight did. I'd love to see a slugfest with Mark Hunt, Fedor or little bro, Cro Crop, rampage jackson, or get Bas RUtten back into the ring and give him a shot.
FEDOR VS SYLVIA IS JUST A DREAM, MY FRIEND

·
Premium Member
5,495 Posts
aubdoggy said:
I agree the headline is weak and the UFC thinks that just because its a HW Title fight that fans are gonna wanna watch the fight. To have a good PPV the matches have to be good and worthy of the headliner. Sylvia fighting Mark Hunt, "Rampage" Jackson, or Mirko CroCop would be a better fight. Sylvia is the HW champ because there is no real competition in the UFC. I do hope Monson beats Sylvia but I don't know.

·
Registered
164 Posts
jdun11 said:
Im Not Saying Monson Sucks, Its Just Sylvia Is A Terrible Matchup For Him..the Ufc Really Needs To Beef Up This Division Because It Is Pretty Awful Imo...

yeah i ca see that though....i wish monson was like 3 to 5 inches taller...he would be a monster in the ufc

·
Registered
4 Posts
Its funny how everyone has forgotten about AA and totally written him off. The guys weapon if he used his leg kicks in last fight alot more he would beaten sylvia. Not like sylvia totally smashed him fight was 50/50 only reason he one was caz champion always get preference if fight isnt clear. Even second fight he knocked silvia on his arse, then got caught rushing in..

·
Registered
808 Posts
niro said:
Its funny how everyone has forgotten about AA and totally written him off. The guys weapon if he used his leg kicks in last fight alot more he would beaten sylvia. Not like sylvia totally smashed him fight was 50/50 only reason he one was caz champion always get preference if fight isnt clear. Even second fight he knocked silvia on his arse, then got caught rushing in..
Good point! The guy is good, Sylvia did nothing impressive the last 2 fights

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey heard some new about AA during last tim sylvia fight. Apparently before fight had ankle injury that was attended to seemed alright. Then during second round (when he stopped doing kicks) apparenlty he did somthing to his knee cap and ankle hense reason his punches where lacking the kick to them and wasnt doing leg kicks. After fight he was suspend for not telling them about his injuries! After fight he took time of to fix his injuries. AA didnt wanna say anything during fight so they wouldnt stop it apparenlty. He has kept it hush hush caz he didnt wanna take it away from fact he lost.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.