Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

21 - 40 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
594 Posts
BJ'd probably beat him. but yeah, it'd be crazy!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
51 Posts
Diaz is better all around but Diaz is bigger and I'm not sure if they should be in the same weight class but that aside... This fight was great but I didn't know Gomi's cardio was so bad. He was just finishing his opponents quickly so maybe that's what it was.
Another thing worth noticing is that Diaz had never been knocked down like this before and by a smaller man. That just proves how deadly Gomi's hands are. If he had a better cardio he could've finished Nick after that shot. Nobody can finish Diaz on the ground when he's OK but he was hurt so it was possible.
Anyways Nick Diaz is one of my favorite fighters so I'm wondering when and where he's fighting next.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,472 Posts
bongcai said:
A fight is a fight, a win is a win, don't make excuses when your fighter is lost. :dunno:

Diaz simply demolished Gomi in that fight.
techinically its ruled a no contest lol but that aside i think most people would argee that gomi didnt come in his best possible shape
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
Asian Sensation said:
techinically its ruled a no contest lol but that aside i think most people would argee that gomi didnt come in his best possible shape
a no contest because Diaz was using marijuana, the advantage should be on Gomi with that one. Pride should not ruled it a no contest. I think they just don't want their best fighter lost to Diaz.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,472 Posts
bongcai said:
a no contest because Diaz was using marijuana, the advantage should be on Gomi with that one. Pride should not ruled it a no contest. I think they just don't want their best fighter lost to Diaz.
it had nothing to do with pride it was the athletic commisiion who ruled it a no contest
 

·
KO artist
Joined
·
5,552 Posts
Asian Sensation said:
i dont think dana would want that seeing all his champions(except matt hughes cause pride doesnt have a 170 pound division and maybe rich franklin) get the ****ing shit kicked out of them
Yeah right.. that little girl already has fought UFC fighters and got his ass owned badly by BJ. #1 LW in the world my ass, that's BJ. IMO Gomi's a lucky punch chump, and the only Pride divisions better than the UFC were MW (Anderson, Henderson) and LHW (Rampage, Shogun, Wandy). With the exception of Fedor, even HW was highly overrated, considering the "#2 HW in the world" CroCop getting owned like a ragdoll twice in the UFC. I didn't want this to be a UFC vs Pride thing, but PRIDE nuthuggers need to start facing the truth.. their gods were only so invincible looking because half their fights were against a ton of PRIDE's japanese cans with records like 0-1-0 0-4-0.. wtf.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,472 Posts
buddy talking about bj penn beating gomi is as relevant as talking about vitor beating wandy it was a long ******* time ago. bj penn has potential to be the number 1 lw in the world but as of right now within the last few years he has only beaten jens in the light weight divison which that "lucky punch chump" also did and honestly how many ufc lw fighters do you see beating gomi other than that roid monkey sean sherk? but i do argee that the heavy weight divsion from pride has been a little disappointed since coming over to the ufc
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
51 Posts
From the middle weight and up PRIDE fighters top UFC without a doubt. Only a retard will say that Rampage ("a UFC champ") beat the PRIDE champ. The fight was very good and very competitive. Just because Rampage had only 2 UFC fights and beat weak opponents doesn not make him a UFC fighter. He is a PRIDE fighter and when asked in the interviews he always said that PRIDE fighters are tougher than UFC fighters.
Anderson Silva also fought more times in PRIDE as well as other places. IT's the UFC where he started beating the weak fighters thus easily getting a belt so he's not a classic UFC fighter either.
Heavy Weight... I don't think there is much to say here. PRIDE squashes UFC like an insect. All I have to type is: FEDOR, BIG NOG, HUNT, WERDUM, BARNETT, old CROCOP etc.
I amk certain if Werdum fought Arlovski again he would destroy him. He was too cautious thus losing a close decision. I don't have to remind any of you how Werdum basically beat the shit out of Gonzaga just couple of years ago.
I'd love to see GOMI again vs BJ. It's about time BJ gets finally knocked out.
 

·
KO artist
Joined
·
5,552 Posts
Asian Sensation said:
buddy talking about bj penn beating gomi is as relevant as talking about vitor beating wandy it was a long ******* time ago. bj penn has potential to be the number 1 lw in the world but as of right now within the last few years he has only beaten jens in the light weight divison which that "lucky punch chump" also did and honestly how many ufc lw fighters do you see beating gomi other than that roid monkey sean sherk? but i do argee that the heavy weight divsion from pride has been a little disappointed since coming over to the ufc
I saw Nick Diaz beat him too, and a biassed national agency maintain their #1 fighter's record with a BS No Contest (and please don't give me that, "he didn't prepare" crap.. he got owned and it makes him even less of a fighter if he didn't prepare). And I see Franca beating Gomi too. To be honest, I actually think Gomi's a good fighter, the only reason I hated on him is because people on this thread are talking the same way about him as they did about CroCop. Oh PRIDE is soooo much better, UFC is the B-leagues blah-blablah. In comes your precious #2 HW who's going to run through the competition, and he SUCKS in the real A-leagues that isn't full of cans. And Werdum came and lost too, although it made the most boring fight of the century. Honestly I don't see how anyone could say that PRIDE had better compeition .. they fed 0W-5L cans to top level veterans like Fedor and CroCop on a regular basis, how is that tougher competition? The UFC never does that.. the ONLY can they might still have is Sinosic.
 

·
KO artist
Joined
·
5,552 Posts
ebonics-lover said:
From the middle weight and up PRIDE fighters top UFC without a doubt. Only a retard will say that Rampage ("a UFC champ") beat the PRIDE champ. The fight was very good and very competitive. Just because Rampage had only 2 UFC fights and beat weak opponents doesn not make him a UFC fighter. He is a PRIDE fighter and when asked in the interviews he always said that PRIDE fighters are tougher than UFC fighters.
Anderson Silva also fought more times in PRIDE as well as other places. IT's the UFC where he started beating the weak fighters thus easily getting a belt so he's not a classic UFC fighter either.
Heavy Weight... I don't think there is much to say here. PRIDE squashes UFC like an insect. All I have to type is: FEDOR, BIG NOG, HUNT, WERDUM, BARNETT, old CROCOP etc.
I amk certain if Werdum fought Arlovski again he would destroy him. He was too cautious thus losing a close decision. I don't have to remind any of you how Werdum basically beat the shit out of Gonzaga just couple of years ago.
I'd love to see GOMI again vs BJ. It's about time BJ gets finally knocked out.
First of all Werdum didn't dominate Gonzaga, Gonzaga was the one dominating that chump until the 3rd rd. did you even see the fight?

YouTube - Fabricio Werdum vs Gabriel "Napão" Gonzaga round 1 - Rd 1
YouTube - Fabricio Werdum vs Gabriel "Napão" Gonzaga round 2 - Rd 2
YouTube - Fabricio Werdum vs Gabriel "Napão" Gonzaga round 3 - Rd 3

Gonzaga had him mounted and was pounding on him.. the only problem was the extremely restrictive rules of the venue; no elbows on the ground (Tht you can do in the UFC) OR kicks/knees to a downed opponent (that you could do in PRIDE) .. WTF are you supposed to do to a guy you've gotten owned and mounted then? Gonzaga just got pissed at how his hands were tied and actually GOT UP from a full mount, that's how restrictive the rules were. And Werdum did NOTHING that whole match except the 3rd round in the clinch, by when Gonzaga would already have finished him at any other venue.

Second, Gomi's not touching BJ. Maybe he should try beating UFC's B league Nick Diaz first. That and he should stick to his glass-jawed japanese cans.

As for your amazing HW lineup:

BIG NOG - looked dismal in his UFC debut against another overrated PRIDE can that he's already beaten a million times. Watch when the likes Vera and Gonzaga smash him.

Hunt - Zero ground game. Will get fukd the day he comes over to the UFC.

Werdum - Arlovski beat him, will beat him every time, and watch him get owned in his next fight too. The kindergarten leauges are gone.

Barnett - Only reason he beat Couture was roids.. he tested +ve after that fight or have you forgotten? What are his other achievements? Losing 3x to CroCop who we just saw owned twice in the UFC? Alexander Emelianenko, who is a pale lumbering shadow of his brother? While we're on it, what has Aleks done for all his fame besides being Fedor's brother?

CroCop - Need I say anything

Fedor - Can't argue with that one.

And yes, I agree that their LHW and MW divisions were better. But not the others.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,472 Posts
first off i dont think your giving diaz his due respect he is a tough fighter and though his run at 170 was medicore he could become a beast at 160 with his huge size and reach advantage on most opponents and im sure i dont need to tell you about the countless fighters who didnt find success in one weight class but then when they moved down started doing very well. Franca beating gomi is a ******* joke. on the feet franca isnt bad but he is very sloppy and would get picked apart by gomi. franca probably wont be abale to take it to the ground either since his takedwons are medicore at best. gomi has also fought much better opponets and strikers as well as ground experts
but i will say one thing the gomi of late has been disappointing me he hasnt been trying his best in all fights (im not trying to make excuses for his losses) i thought he was back when he ripped apart ishida
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
51 Posts
NO I didn't see the fight. Some guy in a bar as brilliant as Dana White told me about it. Gonzaga would shit anywhere else. I think it's pretty obvious this is not the same crocop as 2-3 years ago. I never liked him anyway.
I don't give a shite about the places where they all fight but if someone starts glorifying that piece of s**t White I can't handle it. I hope this scumbag dies soon.
I've never seen NOgueira cracked like that before but aside of that I think he looked good and his boxing was actually top notch against Herring. Herring is also not the same these days but just few years ago he was the shit.
Your writing nonsense about Werdum. I see him maiking at least top 5 in UFC today.
Who gives a **** about what Barnett used or not? It's his decision if he wants to ruin his body nobody's else. I'm only interested in seeing him fight. At least his fights are not boring.
I never typed an amazing HW lineup but these fighters are better than the UFC retards period. Of course everybody likes Randy I got nothing against him but he just hasn't fought all the top dogs yet so
Gomi knocks out BJ I dance on his grave :)
Gomi also knocks out Franca but I'm sure he wouldn;t take out NO NECK Sherk.
Diaz also owns bJ so until they fight there is nothing you can type that's gonna make me think otherwise.
I also think believe if Kharitonov could keep it standing against NOgueira today he could take it. I think Kharitonov would destroy Arlovski and Randy.
 

·
International Stalker
Joined
·
5,202 Posts
Liddellianenko said:
Honestly I don't see how anyone could say that PRIDE had better compeition .. they fed 0W-5L cans to top level veterans like Fedor and CroCop on a regular basis, how is that tougher competition? The UFC never does that.. the ONLY can they might still have is Sinosic.
UFC does that all the time when they are building someone up. Michael Bisping, roger huerta, etc. They are ready for higher opponents but they keep getting fed below there level.
It's pretty well known, by everyone including pride fans, that pride matchmaking was terrible.
It is still easy to say Pride was better though. CC has a faster reaction time then Tim sylvia, better overall striking then sylvia or arlovski (not better boxing specifically im sure), GnP defense is tight, etc. We can just look at everything they do and see SOME PRIDE FIGHTERS, are better then UFC fighters.
By the way, you only looked at the UFC fighters who went to Pride and won. If you compare them all it's about equal.
 
21 - 40 of 69 Posts
Top