Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just thinking about it today for some reason. two of the big sluggers..I know Kimbo is more underground and a backyard fighter but justa little food for thought..

What do you guys think?

·
Registered
24 Posts
hmm i dunno. that would definitely be a slobberknocker tho. someone should set that up lol

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Kameleon said:
I think there was already a thread about this.

Abbott would win, even though he is a can. :D
I would have to go with ol'TANK myself..everyone gives him a hard time but I kinda like him

·
Registered
336 Posts
Tank Def. since he is an experienced MMA Fighter unlike Kimbo, who is just good for streets... i would like to see, Bobb Sapp Vs Kimbo, since they both gasp fast and are only good for Throwing punches, but most likely Bobb Sapp would knock his head off

·
Premium Member
5,961 Posts
i think kimbo has better cardio than tank, kimbos fight with gannon was like 12 minutes, tank would never last that long, i think kimbo gives tank a beating

·
Registered
214 Posts
Kimbo is bigger than tank in terms of height, and is definatly alot faster. His conditioning sucks, but not as bad as tanks... so kimbo. Also Kimbo over Bob Sapp... kimo almost KOed Sapp, and kimbo is alot faster and stronger.

·
Back In Black
4,185 Posts
jdun11 said:
i think kimbo has better cardio than tank, kimbos fight with gannon was like 12 minutes, tank would never last that long, i think kimbo gives tank a beating
Yeah you have to give the cardio to Kimbo, and to be honest I give him the chin as well. I've seen him dominating a fight, drop his hands and let the guy take like 3 free shots just to get him really wound up.

Kimbo over both Tank and Sapp.

Anyone that takes it to the gound can beat him though.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Considering the toughest name Kimbo has fought was Gannon.....and he lost.

Then considering Tank Abbot gave people like Don Frye a very tough battle (admittedly then losing also).

I would have to say Tank looks like the far tougher of the two, even as far as power goes....keep in mind Kimbo's fights are bare knuckle and he uses that to vicious effect causing facial gashes but I've never seen him lay a guy out cold with a single blow.

Then there's Tank who with MMA gloves on has done just that - left guys out cold.

Tank is far from a technical fighter....but also in technique by pure virtue of his mma experience I believe again he would out do Kimbo.

Not a fan of either guy really but I'd have to give it to Tank.

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
This doesn't mean a terrible lot and this is kickboxing, but Sapp had a draw with JLB. And, if JLB were to fight Kimbo, I think Jerome would give him a serving.

·
Registered
457 Posts
x X CLoud X x said:
Tank Def. since he is an experienced MMA Fighter unlike Kimbo, who is just good for streets... i would like to see, Bobb Sapp Vs Kimbo, since they both gasp fast and are only good for Throwing punches, but most likely Bobb Sapp would knock his head off
Sapp is horrible. Whenever he gets punched he opens his mouth, turns his head and runs away. His fight with Kimo might be the worst MMA main event in history.

·
I eat babies
7,647 Posts
ON the contrare to what some of you say, I would have to say that Tank is actually the bigger and stronger of the 2. Tank benches like 2 Kimbo's with ease. Kimbo's a lot more toned, but that's cuz he's black and not a fat white trailor park trash looking guy. Tank is for sure the stronger of the two and waaaay more experienced than Kimbo. Also, like someone said before, Gannon beat Kimbo's ass, and no doubt Tank is a little better than Gannon. Tank's also not just an MMA fighter, he started out as a street/bar fighter just like Kimbo...only Tank's prolly faught MUCH tougher guys than these soft ass pansies than Kimbo beats up on. I'll take Tank by KO in the first round. I'd bet a lot on Tank if this fight were to actually happen.

·
True Grappler
6,222 Posts
Tank is WAY stronger than Kimbo. Are you guys kidding me?

I think this guy eats one of Tank's right hands and goes to sleep.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Chuck Norris said:
why do people keep mentioning Kimbo in MMA forums, the guy is an ex-con who bareknuckle streetfights, this has NOTHING to do with MMA...
so what? hes still a fighter. just because hes not some "MMA" elite combatant doesnt mean we cant talk about him. board nazi

1 - 20 of 21 Posts