1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
True Grappler
6,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
1 2 3 Blast Off!
2,972 Posts
YEah he is a beast but always gassed to early. He could have been a lot better.

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
IronMan said:
I thought I'd throw the video on here, just for anyone who hasn't seen it.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ks0Aaa4-lmg&search=Tank Abbott infamous benchpress

Some people say that he bounces the weight off of his chest as he goes back up, but I don't see that... and who the hell can bounce 600 pounds off of their chest?

there might of been a slight bounce but no one lifitng that much could avoid it it is still a lift and very very impressive.

·
Banned
1,177 Posts
His first mixed martial arts match against Mutua or whatever was awesome because he beat him up so bad it wasn't funny. Tank in his early days in UFC were great and his only loss was practically to Belfort who was dominant at that time. Then he became so good this wrestling organzation brought him to their business which was bull. Then when he returned to UFC he was never the same and lost four straight matches including that domination delivered by Kimo.

·
1 2 3 Blast Off!
2,972 Posts
Is he pound for pound stronger then matt hughes?? I doubt it because he is so fat

·
True Grappler
6,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
doublelegtakedown said:
Is he pound for pound stronger then matt hughes?? I doubt it because he is so fat
What looks like fat is actually solid.

Tank is 250 benching 600.

Matt Hughes is 170-180 benching ??? My guess would be around 280-310, maybe 320. I don't know.

I doubt Hughes is pressing more that twice his body weight.

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
IronMan said:
What looks like fat is actually solid.

I doubt Hughes is pressing more that twice his body weight.

that is true alot of powerlifters do not have the defined muscle most associate with strength. look at alot of the strongman competitions these guys look fat in the majority but really it is mostly muscle. They just do not cut the fat like other athletes and such so you do not see the defination they actually need that little bit extra to last as long as they do.

·
Registered
77 Posts
that is just amazing the fat is definatly not an issue in the lifting of 600 pounds if u ask me maby it gives a little brace but not alot if u ask me

·
Banned
1,177 Posts
That would have been hilarious if he dropped or lost grip on it and it crushed his chest then the trainer couldn't pick it up and he died.

But really, how did he bounce that off his chest? That was weird and didn't seem 600 pounds. But anyways it still looked quite real and crazy.

·
Registered
53 Posts
its actually over 600 pounds...

the bar usually weighs 70 pounds? and there was 12 plates you do the math. works out to be 610.

thats fucked! freak strength!!!!!

·
True Grappler
6,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Rush said:
Yes, but how do he bounce it off his chest?
I don't see it either. I know what people mean when they use the term bouncing weight, but I don't see tank doing that here.

·
Banned
1,177 Posts
IronMan said:
I don't see it either. I know what people mean when they use the term bouncing weight, but I don't see tank doing that here.
Well, he almost dropped it on his chest how did he rapidly bring it back up? I mean he must be one of the best arm wrestlers if he could do that to 600 pounds with his arm.

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
Rush said:
Well, he almost dropped it on his chest how did he rapidly bring it back up? I mean he must be one of the best arm wrestlers if he could do that to 600 pounds with his arm.
OK this is not a crack or nothing. Just not sure if you have done any lifting like that. when you get to the bottom there like he was what he did is put it to his chest then use the flex of his chest to help push it back up. This is called bouncing it as well. in most cases if you do not do this with amounts of weight like this you get stuck though you need to be careful cause you can crack ribs or crush your chest. it basicly helps to just get some momentum going until your chest muscles can contract pushing the weight the rest of the way up.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts