Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
2,195 Posts
IronMan said:
I thought I'd throw the video on here, just for anyone who hasn't seen it.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ks0Aaa4-lmg&search=Tank Abbott infamous benchpress

Some people say that he bounces the weight off of his chest as he goes back up, but I don't see that... and who the hell can bounce 600 pounds off of their chest?

there might of been a slight bounce but no one lifitng that much could avoid it it is still a lift and very very impressive.

· Registered
2,195 Posts
IronMan said:
What looks like fat is actually solid.

I doubt Hughes is pressing more that twice his body weight.

that is true alot of powerlifters do not have the defined muscle most associate with strength. look at alot of the strongman competitions these guys look fat in the majority but really it is mostly muscle. They just do not cut the fat like other athletes and such so you do not see the defination they actually need that little bit extra to last as long as they do.

· Registered
2,195 Posts
Rush said:
Well, he almost dropped it on his chest how did he rapidly bring it back up? I mean he must be one of the best arm wrestlers if he could do that to 600 pounds with his arm.
OK this is not a crack or nothing. Just not sure if you have done any lifting like that. when you get to the bottom there like he was what he did is put it to his chest then use the flex of his chest to help push it back up. This is called bouncing it as well. in most cases if you do not do this with amounts of weight like this you get stuck though you need to be careful cause you can crack ribs or crush your chest. it basicly helps to just get some momentum going until your chest muscles can contract pushing the weight the rest of the way up.

· Registered
2,195 Posts
doublelegtakedown said:
Well idk what your getting at but rickson was the best ever. the bambino of baseball, gretzky of hockey, phil mickelson of golf (lol<<).
Ricksons record is probably overinflated just like Tanks thats what I am getting at.. How old is Rickson anyway, he has to have been fighting at least once a month for over 30 years to have a record like his,

· Registered
2,195 Posts
Rush said:
Theirs a lot of crappy fighters in mixed martial arts that have good records with almost 50 wins like Ricksons 500 and Tanks "400 win street fight record". Kris Ratheormel if 40-5 and he blows, Travis WIuff is 40-9. You see where I'm getting at. A lot of fighters have over inflated records even the crappy ones. And Rickson is not the Gretzky of Hockey or Chamberlain of Basketball. He is the greatest but don't compare with Chamberlain. Chamberlain is the greatest, most dominant athlete ever.
Wilt was a great player in a sub par league for the most part not to take away from his feat it is still impressive but he was very overpowering to the people in the league he was in at the time.

· Registered
2,195 Posts
IronMan said:
Why are we comparing Rickson and Chamberlain? Everyone saw Wilt score 100 points, not one has confirmed Rickson's record. Rickson's own father says that his record is crap.
You know that is true.. regardless of how good the league Wilt was in And he was bar far the best player or one of the best players in it at the time... THere is video proof of him scoring 100 points in one game.. So yea your right you Can't compare him to Rickson, Rickson should be compared to Tank and his record...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.