Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
21 - 40 of 48 Posts

· 1 2 3 Blast Off!
3,071 Posts

Tanks looks a bit like a WSM competitor. Big belly and fairly defined arms and legs.

· True Grappler
6,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Yeah, except that Tank kills people with his bare hands. :laugh: Or at least he used to.

· 1 2 3 Blast Off!
3,071 Posts
Why is that funny that he kills drunk pagans???????? is he in a biker gang?

· True Grappler
6,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Tank claims to hold a 445-5 streetfighting record, and it's examples like this that make it believable.

· 1 2 3 Blast Off!
3,071 Posts
450 fights. swchwwooooooooooooooooo. IDK what he considers fights because that is a lot. I would like to see a fight where he loses.

· Banned
1,229 Posts
IronMan said:
Yeah, except that Tank kills people with his bare hands. :laugh: Or at least he used to.
*cough* *cough* John Matua *cough* *cough*, *cough* *cough* Hugo Duarte *cough* cough*

Yeah, he does look like a biker gang member lol, hes huge and has a beard, bald lol. Typical member. I wouldn't want to fight him in a gang fight thats for sure or I'll end up like John Matua :laugh:.

· 1 2 3 Blast Off!
3,071 Posts
Well idk what your getting at but rickson was the best ever. the bambino of baseball, gretzky of hockey, phil mickelson of golf (lol<<).

· Registered
2,195 Posts
doublelegtakedown said:
Well idk what your getting at but rickson was the best ever. the bambino of baseball, gretzky of hockey, phil mickelson of golf (lol<<).
Ricksons record is probably overinflated just like Tanks thats what I am getting at.. How old is Rickson anyway, he has to have been fighting at least once a month for over 30 years to have a record like his,

· True Grappler
6,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
The Don said:
is it any less beleivable then Rickson Gracies record?
You'd have to ask Tank. I wouldn't, but I guess you'd have to..................good luck with that.

· Banned
1,229 Posts
Theirs a lot of crappy fighters in mixed martial arts that have good records with almost 50 wins like Ricksons 500 and Tanks "400 win street fight record". Kris Ratheormel if 40-5 and he blows, Travis WIuff is 40-9. You see where I'm getting at. A lot of fighters have over inflated records even the crappy ones. And Rickson is not the Gretzky of Hockey or Chamberlain of Basketball. He is the greatest but don't compare with Chamberlain. Chamberlain is the greatest, most dominant athlete ever.

· Registered
2,195 Posts
Rush said:
Theirs a lot of crappy fighters in mixed martial arts that have good records with almost 50 wins like Ricksons 500 and Tanks "400 win street fight record". Kris Ratheormel if 40-5 and he blows, Travis WIuff is 40-9. You see where I'm getting at. A lot of fighters have over inflated records even the crappy ones. And Rickson is not the Gretzky of Hockey or Chamberlain of Basketball. He is the greatest but don't compare with Chamberlain. Chamberlain is the greatest, most dominant athlete ever.
Wilt was a great player in a sub par league for the most part not to take away from his feat it is still impressive but he was very overpowering to the people in the league he was in at the time.

· True Grappler
6,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Why are we comparing Rickson and Chamberlain? Everyone saw Wilt score 100 points, not one has confirmed Rickson's record. Rickson's own father says that his record is crap.

· Registered
2,195 Posts
IronMan said:
Why are we comparing Rickson and Chamberlain? Everyone saw Wilt score 100 points, not one has confirmed Rickson's record. Rickson's own father says that his record is crap.
You know that is true.. regardless of how good the league Wilt was in And he was bar far the best player or one of the best players in it at the time... THere is video proof of him scoring 100 points in one game.. So yea your right you Can't compare him to Rickson, Rickson should be compared to Tank and his record...

· Registered
641 Posts
Lol and not to get off on the wrong foot but you guys, Wilt scored 100 points by his team just feeding him the ball over and over. It's not like he hit 20 3 pointers and etc. etc.

It's like I consider MJ scoring 63 in the modernized NBA playoffs a bigger feat than 100 points in Wilt's way, but that's just me. Therefore... Somebody with like 100-3 MMA record with most of their fights on tape is more impressive to me than some guy claiming 10000-2 and nobody knows if they just knocked over some fools at the bar or kicked some Wal-Mart greeters ass for not saying Hi, and counted that as a fight.

I hope you get what I mean cuz I'm not going to debate Wilt Vs. MJ or any basketball stuff on here, just making a point :)

· True Grappler
6,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
Beeno said:
Lol and not to get off on the wrong foot but you guys, Wilt scored 100 points by his team just feeding him the ball over and over. It's not like he hit 20 3 pointers and etc. etc.
You make a good point, but Al Attles also managed to post 20 points that game, which means that he wasn't just passing to Wilt. Like you said, this isn't a basketball debate.

Quality opponents are really an important part of the equation, but I don't think that either of those guys has that many fights under his belt.

· True Grappler
6,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
Steve-d said:
exactly, what he is considering a fight?

a guy thats too drunk to defend himself? good job tank, but yes he is tough, just dont tell people you have a 400 win record in "street" fighting
I think that any time he punches someone in the face is what he calls a "fight." Knowing Tank, that's believable.

Also, this guy has a losing MMA record, so brute strength obviously isn't everything.

· Registered
216 Posts
if tank wouldve trained his endurance as much as he did his strength he wouldve been champ for a LONG TIME. I mean honestly, if the first 4 mins of any fight(with few exceptions) where did you really see tank losing? There are a few exceptions, I remember him tapping early in the 1st, i dont remember who he was fighting though. But tank highlights the necessity of training for duration. Look at tito, he is a decent fighter, not really that good at all, but he can go 15 mins, and his opponents gas. When the fight is over qickly tito usually loses, when it is decision, or a 3rd round ending its usually tito.

21 - 40 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.