Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
SikWithIt
2,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1. We would like to receive guaranteed payments. I know that if we agree for percents, they will cheat us.

2. Maybe not a co-promotion (like we offered before), but at least co-branding.

3. They also will have to permit Fedor participating in ***** competitions, and during our last negotiations UFC were ready for that term.”

Are you reading this, Mr. Dana White???

For years, the primary sticking point between the two parties was M-1 Global’s undying insistence on sharing half the profits for all Fedor produced shows. With their meal ticket’s abrupt exile from the land of The Invincibles, the Russians now appear willing to play ball – as long as it’s on their (modified) terms.

As far as who they would prefer Fedor to face in his next outing, Finkelchtein professed it was a no-brainer.

“We are ready to fight against anyone, but everyone agrees that the most interesting fight right now is the rematch against Fabricio Werdum. We have one fight left on our contract, so if Strikeforce wants to extend it, they should listen to our opinion,” Finkelstein said.

Fedor will fight again sometime between October and November … the only thing fans want to see is Fedor vs. Werdum II. Fabricio himself said that he would like to rematch Fedor.”

The reason is clear why M-1 Global is pushing for an immediate mulligan. Werdum not only snapped Emelianenko’s 27-fight win streak last month, but quickly dispelled his unparalleled aura of invincibility as well. The best way to recapture that mojo is by violently rectifying the “fluke” defeat – ala what Georges St-Pierre did to Matt Serra in their UFC 83 rematch.

Still no official word on when and where Fedor will finalize his commitment to the San Jose, California based promotion.
Source

·
Premium Member
21,821 Posts
So they are making demands of the UFC and then telling Strikeforce what they better do for Fedor's last fight. If I was Coker I would lend the last fight out to Dream and tell them to take a hike.

·
"Focus"
10,181 Posts
I hope Dana laughs in their face and tells him he can have all that if he fights and beats Werdum in his first UFC fight.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Don't think it will happen, specially if Werdum makes Fedor tap again!

That whole co-branding thing. M-1 and UFC should just settle with a "This main event is brought to you in part by M1-Global" type of pre fight phrase. Mike Goldberg says stuff like that for Bud Light and Harley Davidson, M-1 should agree to that, just have the M-1 Global logo displayed on the screen, have Goldberg says the phrase and then have Fedor come out in a M-1 Gi, have M-1 shorts on and a M-1 flag in his corner. Maybe, a small maybe there could be a M-1 logo on the mat.

But none of this will happen.

·
"Focus"
10,181 Posts

That whole co-branding thing. M-1 and UFC should just settle with a "This main event is brought to you in part by M1-Global" type of pre fight phrase. Mike Goldberg says stuff like that for Bud Light and Harley Davidson, M-1 should agree to that, just have the M-1 Global logo displayed on the screen, have Goldberg says the phrase and then have Fedor come out in a M-1 Gi, have M-1 shorts on and a M-1 flag in his corner. Maybe, a small maybe there could be a M-1 logo on the mat.

F*ck M1, they are the sole reason we aren't talking about what happened when Fedor fought Brock.

·
Premium Member
21,821 Posts

They were told Fedor could deck himself out in M-1 gear last time and I was sure I read somewhere they offered M-1 a corner post as well.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
...This is politics. The UFC & M-1 are like Republicans & Democrats, they will disagree till' the last drop of blood. Both sides need to make a bi-partisan agreement if they want it to work. The UFC is in the White House and M-1 are the Republicans trying to set demands. It won't work. The UFC will not bow-down to M-1. One thing is for certain, getting Fedor into the UFC is something most everybody can agree on. We are itching with curiousity to see how he does against the UFC's HW beasts. I think both the UFC and M-1 owe it to all MMA fans around the world to make it happen for the better of Mixed Martial Arts. Sounds like what our country is going through right now. Ironically...

·
The Title Guy
18,060 Posts
Well if you want to use the political analogy, M-1 Global never had the White House to begin with. Next time use a better example!:thumbsdown:

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Well if you want to use the political analogy, M-1 Global never had the White House to begin with. Next time use a better example!:thumbsdown:
...Sorry if you didn't get my analogy. Obviously you aren't into politics but that's cool. The UFC in the white house meaning that they are in charge. They call the shots. That can't be hard to understand...

·
Banned
0 Posts
You know if Dana can get him he is gonna get him, and he is gonna say the whole time, (probably) that he isn't trying, but....

We all know Dana he loves to prove his points and show that he was or is right, then when wrong say things like we strive just for the best fights....

I see this being possible but they wont let him have top level, hell they could give him Randy first...

1 - 20 of 72 Posts