Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It seems Chuck is doing very little coaching this season. Even when he IS there he is seldom seen giving instructions or actually "coaching" his team. Can 'coaches' do that? All of his coaching powers have just been pawned off to Hackleman it seems. If Chuck's team wins this, or does better than Tito's I really don't think it will have much to do with Chuck's coaching. More like Team Hackleman.

·
Registered
97 Posts
chuck is more of a celebrity, which is why he always has shit to do and prior obligations. Man is probably out with the family, or making apperances and making some money.

Tito would do this to if he was on chucks level.

Same with Dana White, he was mostly absent from last weeks show. Either way his fighter won, so obviously hackleman knows what he is doing.

To be honest id rather have hackleman in my corner than Tito screaming crazy nonsense at me, and overtraining my body 1 day before a fight. We get it tito cardio = good, but u cant bust down a fighter 1-2 days before a fight and then expect them to have amazing cardio and muscle stamina. All your doing is more harm than good with your "punish your body to punish your opponent" approach.

·
Premium Member
1,828 Posts
Coaching on the show doesnt matter all that much.

Usually the better fighter is gonna win the fight. Doesnt matter who the coach is. These guys have MMA experience and know how to fight.

The coaching would matter more if they were all a bunch of noobs and this was their first experience with MMA, but it isnt.

Funny that people arent jumping all over Chuck the way they did Rampage last year. I guess thats what happens when you pick a good team and win a few fights.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Coaching on the show doesnt matter all that much.

Usually the better fighter is gonna win the fight. Doesnt matter who the coach is. These guys have MMA experience and know how to fight.

The coaching would matter more if they were all a bunch of noobs and this was their first experience with MMA, but it isnt.

Funny that people arent jumping all over Chuck the way they did Rampage last year. I guess thats what happens when you pick a good team and win a few fights.
Rampage didn't win a few fights.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Yeah, seriously. Chuck is definitely a better coach than Rampage. Rampage didn't really seem to invest a lot of time personally with his fighters either. I see Chuck walking around during training and showing them little things that he likes to do that could make a difference. It sucks that he can't be around all the time, but I don't think that's really under his control, so I'll let is slide.

·
Banned
820 Posts
Honestly I wish they would have a TUF where they just bring in the top trainers from multiple camps, and have them train the guys.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Yeah, seriously. Chuck is definitely a better coach than Rampage. Rampage didn't really seem to invest a lot of time personally with his fighters either. I see Chuck walking around during training and showing them little things that he likes to do that could make a difference. It sucks that he can't be around all the time, but I don't think that's really under his control, so I'll let is slide.
The only thing Chuck teaches is a wild overhand right. It doesn't really matter anyway. These guys are fighters not coaches.

·
Premium Member
3,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The only thing Chuck teaches is a wild overhand right. It doesn't really matter anyway. These guys are fighters not coaches.
Well, no-one expects them to be phenominal coaches but they accept an oppertunity to be a coach "I'm a fighter not a coach" isn't an excuse in my book.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.