Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
5,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see all this talk of British Fighters in the UFC such as ross pearson, paul daley, dan hardy etc etc but i never seem to here any body raving about Terry Etim and my god, people should be. This kid imo is without a doubt the most promising prospect to come from British MMA. He is very reminiscent of Anderson Silva in his style and proved in his last fight he has heart and great recovery. Enough of the talking:

http://www.mma-core.com/videos/Videos.aspx?tid=0&query=terry_etim

Check out his fights from that link. Terry is fighting at 112 against Rafael dos Anjos.

Im going to call it now, Terry Etim, Britain's first champion.

·
ASS MAN
6,063 Posts
Good call on the Etim-love. :thumbsup:

Dude has been improving and getting better and better. He's rebounded from the 2 back to back UD losses to Tibau and Clementi and looking very good in his past fights.

I dunno on the champ part but that's more to what BJ may do.

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
Decisions losses to Tibau and Clementi can be seen as positives too, considering how new Etim was to top flight competition back then, and both them fighters had a lot more fights than Terry.

·
Earthquake Survivor
1,936 Posts
he's one of the guys i'm keeping an eye on that's for sure.

hopefully he can pull through on his next fight.

·
Banned
5,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good call on the Etim-love. :thumbsup:

Dude has been improving and getting better and better. He's rebounded from the 2 back to back UD losses to Tibau and Clementi and looking very good in his past fights.

I dunno on the champ part but that's more to what BJ may do.
Not saying Terry is going to go out there and beat BJ next year, i just see Etim being a champion eventually and being the first of the brits to hold the title.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Count me in. Etim has developed into a great fighter who I love to watch. His fights are always exciting. Great potential to be a champ some day. I think is time to start throwing in the big names at him now.

·
Premium Member
3,535 Posts
Already a member of this one. Love Terry Etim. One of the most promising prospects coming out of the UK. Just needs to grow a red mohawk, start talking some trash and he'll get himself a title shot. Hopefully he'll pull out the win on Saturday!

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
check my sig.

etim is a class fighter, its just a shame he's from liverpool :sarcastic12:

scouse hate aside, etim is definately going to be a name to look out for. he has solid standup to go with his long frame and also has an impressive ground game. his weakness is his tdd but his jitz has more than made up for it. he's finished most of his wins in the ufc and has picked up 3 submission of the night awards along the way. he's currently on a 4 fight win streak, and if he gets past anjos he should be given a boost in competition.

id love to see him against nate diaz, i think they match up well together and it'd be a very interesting fight.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Im going to call it now, Terry Etim, Britain's first champion.
Not saying Terry is going to go out there and beat BJ next year, i just see Etim being a champion eventually and being the first of the brits to hold the title.
His fights are always exciting. Great potential to be a champ some day. I think is time to start throwing in the big names at him now.

People are too fast with that champion thing. Not just for etim, in general.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts