Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
MMA Patriot
4,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Although Rich franklin is my favorit fighter I think the beast fighter is The beast Dan Severn.:cheeky4:

·
MMA Patriot
4,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
libertywrestler said:
matt hamill :thumbsup: :p
You are retarded he complained during tuf bucause he got hit during practice and his fight was the most pathetic fight I have ever seen well 2nd most. how many fight has he won anyway. nobody who ever steped in to the octagon had a recored like THE BEAST dan severen as stunning 70W-13L-7D

·
Registered
364 Posts
geez excuse me you don't have to call me retarded i was just joking that's why i had the smily face but whatever, really i would consider liddel the best fighter ever

·
MMA Patriot
4,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
libertywrestler said:
geez excuse me you don't have to call me retarded i was just joking that's why i had the smily face but whatever, really i would consider liddel the best fighter ever
Hey man dont take it personal just jokin around no pun intinded but I dont think chuck or matt could tuch dan in a fight.

·
Registered
364 Posts
ok hard to tell over the internet what tone people are using

i think chuck could take severn cus like it was said back then fighters were more 1 dimensional and now their not ex. hughes vs gracie, severn is only wrestling while liddel is kickboxing striking and wrestling if not more that's why i think liddel would win also cus he would ko severn most likely just like all his other opponents

·
Premium Member
1,749 Posts
hmm

matt hamill deff:cheeky4:

·
MMA Patriot
4,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If you want to talk about well rounded I have never seen chuck do anything on the ground but get beat severen had a lot of good standup matches and he was able to submit alot of fighters. So he was well rounded and that was the big reason he was so successfull back then and won 70 fights. You need to watch some of his fights.

·
Premium Member
1,749 Posts
later on it will be GSP

But Id Say Hughes

·
Registered
364 Posts
americanfighter said:
If you want to talk about well rounded I have never seen chuck do anything on the ground but get beat severen had a lot of good standup matches and he was able to submit alot of fighters. So he was well rounded and that was the big reason he was so successfull back then and won 70 fights. You need to watch some of his fights.
chuck hasn't needed to do much on the ground though :laugh: that's why but i get what your saying, i should try to watch some severn fights though your right, i havn't seen any except his loss to gracie where HE got submitted :dunno:

·
MMA Patriot
4,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
well you know what my question was not really fair beause you can never tell about differient weight classes

·
MMA Patriot
4,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
libertywrestler said:
chuck hasn't needed to do much on the ground though :laugh: that's why but i get what your saying, i should try to watch some severn fights though your right, i havn't seen any except his loss to gracie where HE got submitted :dunno:
I know it sound corny but I think he ment to loose. It seems like Dan would never make the mistake he did in that fight.

·
Registered
364 Posts
yeah although i'm pretty sure chuck can take just about anybody in the ufc with or without weight classes i would like to see him go for the heavyweight belt :laugh: that be awesome if he could get both

·
MMA Patriot
4,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
libertywrestler said:
yeah although i'm pretty sure chuck can take just about anybody in the ufc with or without weight classes i would like to see him go for the heavyweight belt :laugh: that be awesome if he could get both
He would proboly do good because the ufc hevyweight devition is pretty week but I now of some dominat boxers and kickboxers that tryed to move up a weight class and got beat senceless

·
Registered
3,763 Posts
Royce Gracie, Dan Severn, Randy Couture, Matt Hughes, and Chuck Liddell would all be good canidates, its just too tough to tell. For the'ye particualar time period I think I'd take Royce, he was just amazing. But nowadays it different and u have to look at it different. So I dont know who I'd pick.

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Frank Shamrock for his time was one of the best, but of all time I have to say Randy Couture, he beat Chuck Liddell and Tito Ortiz in back to back PPVs, beat Maurice Smith and Kevin Randleman to win the heavyweight title TWICE. Took Josh Barnett and Ricco Rodriguez to the distance who are the top heavyweights in the world for their time and beat Pedro Rizzo twice. Hes a beast.

·
Premium Member
5,495 Posts
americanfighter said:
You are retarded he complained during tuf bucause he got hit during practice and his fight was the most pathetic fight I have ever seen well 2nd most. how many fight has he won anyway. nobody who ever steped in to the octagon had a recored like THE BEAST dan severen as stunning 70W-13L-7D
I like Severn but most of his fights weren't in the UFC. I think the best fighter would be Chuck Liddell because he is unstoppable in his division.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Either Dan Severn or Royce Gracie for me. It may not be the most up to date answer but whatever. I see both of these guys as legends.

1 - 20 of 78 Posts