Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
MMA Patriot
4,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Roy has quickly become one om my favorite fighters both because of his skill and attitude. But most of all because he pisses off Dana. I know that it's highly unlikely but I want him to become champ so hw can rubb it in dana's face. Is there anyone with me on this.

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
Dana would definitely have preferred a TUF winner who "looked the part" so to speak. Even though he's very fat, Nelson's certainly got dynamite in his hands.

I look forward to the day that Nelson cuts to 170 lbs. so he can outslug GSP, he he.

·
The American Dream
586 Posts
Im aboard the bandwagon, have been since TUF.

·
Great Googly Moogly!
1,407 Posts
I was a fan when he was back in the IFL but seeing his attitude in TUF made me a little iffy on him. As long as he keeps fighting and stops talking I'll stay on the wagon.

I'd like to see him get a rematch with Ben Rothwell, I felt Nelson won the first fight. Since that fight he's only lost twice, one to Andrei Arlovski by KO and the other to Jeff Monson by Decision. I think Kongo would also be a good matchup for him. Maybe toss him in with Big Nog or Luiz Cain. I'm excited to see his next fight regardless.

·
Registered
571 Posts
I'm on board.

It was rumoured that the winner of Nelson/Struve (Maybe just Roy) would get JDS which is a real bad matchup for Roy IMO.

The problem is its gonna be tough for Roy from this point on.

I mean you could give him Kongo, Barry or some B-C level fighter but then if he wins that he's gotta be thrown into the mix with the likes of Cain, JDS, Mir and Carwin.

·
Premium Member
3,535 Posts
Definitely the most convincing TUF winner for a while. Nelson's a legit contender in the HW division. He's got power in his hands and a sick ground game and grappling background. I wanna see him take on JDS next. Be nice to see JDS's ground game get tested by a high level grappler. Nice to see Roy getting a bit of credit for his performances, think he's been hugely under-rated 'cause of the belly.

·
NO. 1 *BONER*
7,727 Posts
I'm on.
Whats' not to like about Roy?
He brings something new ...and even though people don't get him all the time, he is definetly a contender, a TOP 10 heavyweight.
Hope he gets Kongo next.

·
Registered
773 Posts
roflmao this dude is hillarious, no one can take him seriously. He looks like a dwarf outta lord of the rings except he's got like a 80's country n western singer hairstyle

·
Registered
143 Posts
I'm on the B.C. bandwagon. Didn't really think what he said about Brock ducking Carwin was true, but he's hyping himself, and that's good I suppose.

I'd like to see a match up against Big Nog next. I feel the HW division is so stacked at the moment that the high end gatekeepers are going to be struggling for their spots. I can't remember the HW division in UFC ever being this exciting.

Bring on the Big Country.

With a Double Whopper, plz.

·
Clowns will eat me
3,958 Posts
I have been a fan of his since he was kicking ass in the IFL so I am definitely on the wagon! ALL ABOARD THE BIG COUNTRY EXPRESS!!!

·
Big Dawg
911 Posts
Roy (Happy Meal) Nelson vs James (Burger King) Toney. Make it happen Dana. Roy would kill James.
I definitely would like to see this as Toney's first fight.

I am not on the bandwagon, but I am not a hater either. BC has shown that he belongs IMO and I think Dana is actually opening up to the idea of him being legit in the UFC.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
been on the badnwagon since TUF

Roy Nelson...thanks for showing the world fat men can be champion athletes too :thumb02:

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
The fatass belly shtick alone makes me like this guy. I think he'll win his next fight so long as he gets anyone below the top 5 (jds, cain, brock, carwin, mir); even if he does get one of those guys I wouldn't count him out though. He's got power standing and he's an excellent grappler. We haven't had too many blue collar type couch potatoes making any noise in the UFC in a while, I'm all for it :thumbsup:.

·
Premium Member
446 Posts
Roy Nelson is holding it down for fat guys everywhere.

I also love that he makes Bruce announce him as a 'Kung-Fu' fighter.

·
"Focus"
10,181 Posts
Roy had no business on TUF, so I kind of hold that against him, but how can you not like the guy?

·
Registered
93 Posts
Been a fan of Big Country since he started out in Bodog. His fight against Josh Curran (back and forth battle) was awesome, and although he lost that fight, he made a fan out of me.

I couldn't believe a fat dude could go three full rounds.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts