Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello everybody... I'm The Brawler... I'm a really big fan of Ken Shamrock and have followed for the best part of the last decade everywhere he went from fights with Oleg Taktanov to taking part in the fake shit over in The WWF or E or whatever the hell they call that crap nowadays.

Anyways... this question may be seen as stupid... but are there any known MMA Fighters who don't have any particular black belt or fighting discipline at all?

What I mean by that is... are there are MMA Fighters who are just built and go in there and do their own thing... no real disciplines, black belt or anything?

Hence the reason why I call myself "The Brawler"... I don't have a black belt or anything... I just work my arse off at the gym, do some powerlifting, eat right and box a little bit... it's saved my ass so far just by doing what comes naturally whenever you're involved in an altercation.

·
Premium Member
5,495 Posts
Welcome to the site! As for the discipline, most MMA fighters have one. Some are more loose than others like freestyle wrestling.

·
Registered
612 Posts
The Brawler said:
Hello everybody... I'm The Brawler... I'm a really big fan of Ken Shamrock and have followed for the best part of the last decade everywhere he went from fights with Oleg Taktanov to taking part in the fake shit over in The WWF or E or whatever the hell they call that crap nowadays.

Anyways... this question may be seen as stupid... but are there any known MMA Fighters who don't have any particular black belt or fighting discipline at all?

What I mean by that is... are there are MMA Fighters who are just built and go in there and do their own thing... no real disciplines, black belt or anything?

Hence the reason why I call myself "The Brawler"... I don't have a black belt or anything... I just work my arse off at the gym, do some powerlifting, eat right and box a little bit... it's saved my ass so far just by doing what comes naturally whenever you're involved in an altercation.
im gonnabe honest with you right now, its only a matter of time before you starting flamed fro liking Shamrock.

Basically because people suck and half the people on this forum are not eve 1% of his level but think they are better then him, yes i also like shamrock.

I just wanted to say that because so far you seem to be a cool guy and dont want to see you flamed to no end because your a fan of a certain fighter.

·
1 2 3 Blast Off!
2,972 Posts
Steve-d said:
Basically because people suck and half the people on this forum are not eve 1% of his level but think they are better then him, yes i also like shamrock.
LEt's not start stuff here because anybody can get taking down and eat elbows:D
Welcome brawler.....sorry for starting the bashing already.....

·
Registered
612 Posts
doublelegtakedown said:
LEt's not start stuff here because anybody can get taking down and eat elbows:D
Welcome brawler.....sorry for starting the bashing already.....
shut up, you know damn wellyou go out of your way to start shti with me, you go an reply to every post i reply to and direct your responses towards me, grow up already.

Dont say lets not start shit, then throw in a stupid comment about the elbows, thats called a hypacrit, your the biggest hypacrit on this board.

·
Registered
612 Posts
The Brawler said:
I'm ready for any bashing... people can get bashed on forums for pretty much anything!:D
awsome attidue!

No really, with an attitude like that i dont see you fighting with many users around here, like unfortunelty i have, damn me.

Im done now though

·
True Grappler
6,222 Posts
Tank Abbott is the first guy to come to mind. I think that Gan McGee is also completely freestyle.

·
Crazy Kicker
957 Posts
i personal like freestyle guys but most never amount to much in the ufc of today. way back when thoughs guys did good cuz it was more a contest of tuffness

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
yea welcome... just don't break any rules and have fun.. and as for your question.. a majority of the fighters of today have some formal training... you your self said you have studied some boxing... though many do try to excel in an art though
i do not think it is required but it is helpful

·
Premium Member
5,989 Posts
Hey bud. Nice to see new members. Have fun here...add to discussions & just enjoy your overall experience while you are here. :)

·
ACI Level 1
228 Posts
Charles "Crazy Horse" Bennett is another freestyler I can think of. Gomi tore his ass up in bushido 5. I'm not sure if Bennett is mentally stable either. Bas interviewed him before the Gomi fight, and the guy literally sounded like he had a bad speech impediment or full-on tourette's.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
This forum's a hell of a lot nicer than all of the other forums I have been to. I guess that's because The UFC Fighters are role-models. I watched The UFC 57 DVD a few times over the last week... and I noticed the respect they have for one another. They may talk crap to each other and stuff... but what was great that even after one of them beat the living hell out of the other... they'd comfort each other after the match! They'd hug, raise their hands... really great sportsmanship! UFC should get a good 'rap' because of it!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts