Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
True Grappler
6,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been keeping an eye on Joe Riggs since he was fighting at 300 pounds. This guy has monster strength and great striking. I think if BJ Penn or Georges St Pierre win the title from Hughes, he should get a shot at it, even after his loss to Swick.

·
Premium Member
5,989 Posts
I agree bud. Although, I feel he needs to work his way back up the ladder - and not have a title shot just given to him. Get a few more quality UFC wins under the belt - then a title shot. Have him earn it...so people don't bit*h about it. Also, don't forget...everytime we see Joe, he'll be in better condition that last fight, training with Billy Rush and the boys at Miletich.

I just think he was WAY too arrogant coming into the Swick fight, and he got caught. It happens to everyone though. Swick is tough too. He's not just a pushover fight. Joe will be back throwing BOMBS soon enough. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
122 Posts
Yea hes a good fighter and if he beats Diego in december he will be up there for a title shot. Bad thing is hes in a crowded division so it takes a while before he gets another shot.

·
Hammer Fist Elbow
350 Posts
But he's not going to beat diego ;) anyways hes nothing special couple good fights here and there and I guess he deserves a title shot but im not for it to much.

·
LHW Champ
1,377 Posts
He has potential though. I think he needs to work on his defense a little more and work his way back up the ladder. He is one of my favorite fighters and maybe he can work all this out.

·
Registered
459 Posts
It sure would make me feel better about his chances if he (Riggs) did'nt have such a stupid grin on his face before the fight, like he did before the Diego match. Maybe it doesn't mean anything, then again maybe it does, he got caught so early it makes me think that he should have been taking things more seriously before the fight. It's not a party, not yet, you have to win first. The other guy wants to take your head off, put your combat face on sometime before the opening bell. Some guys have to get hit a couple of times before they snap out of it, and sometimes that's a luxury that you just don't have, like the Diego bout.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.