Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hughes is more hungry, to avenge a loss and to retain his belt. Not sure how the fight will end though, I dont think Hughes can stop Bj but he will take it via the "score cards" . GSP will then beat Hughes and we will have a new champ at 170.
Here comes the other contenders. Karo, Sanchez even Nick Diaz and Kos. I would like to see Sanchez and Karo fight again and the winnner get a title shot. Dont forget Hughes, Penn and Rush will still be in the mix... Good times ahead for the welterweights.....
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,961 Posts
the welterweight division is the ufc's best by far..all those guys mentioned have a shot of eventually being champ..this belt is gonna be passed around alot over the next 5 years
 

·
1 2 3 Blast Off!
Joined
·
2,972 Posts
The welter weight division is stacked! give kos another year or two and he'll have the crown
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,961 Posts
doublelegtakedown said:
The welter weight division is stacked! give kos another year or two and he'll have the crown
no doubt about that...i see i got some of you guys riding my KOSCHECK bandwagon...all aboard!!!!!!!!!!!!
 

·
1 2 3 Blast Off!
Joined
·
2,972 Posts
*hops on the bandwagon*
CHuuuuuu CHuuuuuuuuuuuuu
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Id have to agree about GSP, he will hold the belt for a while, very polished and young to boot.... Kos has alot longer than a year or two to do much of anything at welterweight, he could'nt hold GSP jock:laugh: I said before Kos is one dementional and dont look natural at all throwing punches, he is a domanant wrestler but lacks the tools to set up shoots. Compare Kos's style with GSP or Bj, they are much more natural boxers and all around the same age... It would take some time for Kos to get as good as GSP anf Bj and even longer to get better and be considerd #1 contender...
 

·
1 2 3 Blast Off!
Joined
·
2,972 Posts
semiconductor said:
Id have to agree about GSP, he will hold the belt for a while, very polished and young to boot.... Kos has alot longer than a year or two to do much of anything at welterweight, he could'nt hold GSP jock:laugh: I said before Kos is one dementional and dont look natural at all throwing punches, he is a domanant wrestler but lacks the tools to set up shoots. Compare Kos's style with GSP or Bj, they are much more natural boxers and all around the same age... It would take some time for Kos to get as good as GSP anf Bj and even longer to get better and be considerd #1 contender...
kos can get the takedowns....and his boxing skills have greatly improved! he can stick and move now. I can see him being the champ within a year ....or two
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You can possibly be right. Once Kos fights a Vet with superior stand-up his lack of experience will show.... He has grown leaps and bounds but the top guys are already there waiting to turn his face to mush and I cant wait...
YES, I am Kos Hater:cheeky4:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,223 Posts
Future is GSP, dude is the youngest of the bunch with the most talent, one win over Hughes, and you will see GSP with that belt for a long time. I posted this in another thread but here's how I see the welterweight division in the year 2006/7

Hughes > Penn
GSP > Hughes
GSP > TUF4 Winner
GSP > Diego Sanchez
#1 Contender match, Karo > Koscheck
GSP > Karo

There you have it.

Also note Koscheck is a much better fighter then people give him credit for. I know Koscheck from his high school days in PA, my sister went to school with him. Dude learns things with a snap of a finger. Give him another year and he will be a top contender, I guarentee it. He's already one of the best wrestlers in the welterweight division, his submission skills are getting crazy good, and his striking isnt up to par as he'd like it but damn...watch his fight with Diego then watch the fight against Goulet...MAD improvement.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,961 Posts
Alex_DeLarge said:
Future is GSP, dude is the youngest of the bunch with the most talent, one win over Hughes, and you will see GSP with that belt for a long time. I posted this in another thread but here's how I see the welterweight division in the year 2006/7

Hughes > Penn
GSP > Hughes
GSP > TUF4 Winner
GSP > Diego Sanchez
#1 Contender match, Karo > Koscheck
GSP > Karo

There you have it.

Also note Koscheck is a much better fighter then people give him credit for. I know Koscheck from his high school days in PA, my sister went to school with him. Dude learns things with a snap of a finger. Give him another year and he will be a top contender, I guarentee it. He's already one of the best wrestlers in the welterweight division, his submission skills are getting crazy good, and his striking isnt up to par as he'd like it but damn...watch his fight with Diego then watch the fight against Goulet...MAD improvement.
i agree with you about KOS the dude is improving leaps and bounds..and he will wear the belt..im sure of it..GSP might very well be champ for a long time but until he beats hughes I cant put him in that category of untouchable champ..i just think this division is so deep that no fighter will hold the belt for that long...
 

·
I eat babies
Joined
·
7,647 Posts
Alex_DeLarge said:
#1 Contender match, Karo > Koscheck
Now that^ I'd love to see :thumbsup:

Here's how I see it written in the same fashion as Alex_DeLarge's:

Penn > Hughes
Penn > GSP
Penn > TUF4 Winner
Penn > Diego Sanchez
#1 Contender match, Karo > Koscheck
Penn > Karo

Now this is very plausable and could very well happen. If BJ gets past GSP, which he very well could, then he's got a cakewalk. Just like Hughes has had the last couple years, some comparabley easy opponents to dominate. There's almost no way the TUF4 Winner will pull out a win, and I think Penn is too much for Diego, although it might be a close fight I think BJ can finish it in the 2nd round at least. And then another close on with Karo but I still think BJ can beat Karo too. But that's just how I see it happening in the next couple years.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hughes said it himself in an interview, he has about another year and a half left in him. If he looses th belt to either Bj or GSP he will definitly get another shot at the title before his career is done, definitly cant count em out... I see Hughes demolishing Kos, Karo and Sanchez.... As far as GSP and Bj they are much better than those three by far. Bj is the hardest hitter out of the bunch and is one punch away from getting the belt back.... Yes, it's pretty deep at welterweight:thumbsup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,763 Posts
Hughes only having 1-2 years left? Now that surprises me, the guys not that old. Also dont forget about Jon Fitch he's a guy literally no one talks about and could be a potential dark horse in this already stacked division.
 

·
True Grappler
Joined
·
6,222 Posts
By far the UFC's best division. I think that BJ will destroy Hughes, but you can't really be sure at this point.

I don't think Karo will get a title shot, as much as he deserves one.

I think Sanchez is probably next in line, and he'll lose. He's a good fighter, but not as good as BJ or Hughes or Rush.

After that they have to give the shot to whoever wins TUF 4.
 

·
I eat babies
Joined
·
7,647 Posts
IronMan said:
I think Sanchez is probably next in line, and he'll lose. He's a good fighter, but not as good as BJ or Hughes or Rush.
You know what's bad is I can't even call GSP Rush now because the user Rush has officially ruined it for GSP. :thumbsdown: Now everytime someone calls GSP Rush I'm gonna think of that dumbass...
 

·
1 2 3 Blast Off!
Joined
·
2,972 Posts
AHHAHAHHAAAA^^rush=dumbass
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,961 Posts
i think bj will beat hughes, but i think diego will beat bj but than lose to either hughes or gsp...its all in the match ups fellas
 
1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top