Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
689 Posts
“If they think I’m going to go in there and get choked out or lay down and get my armbarred and all that, they got another thing coming to ‘em, you know what I’m saying? Like I said, yeah, you’re right, MMA is not like boxing because boxing is tougher, you know what I’m saying? I look at it like this, if a guy get in there and try to take me to the ground, he might see his head go into orbit. The head is going into orbit, for real. These guys in MMA, they good wrestlers and good grapplers and good kickers, like girls, but, you know, when it comes to throwing them blows, they ain’t got a chance in hell, you know what I’m saying? Then they say I don’t got a chance if I go to the floor. Hey, the only way you gonna know is if you tune in and watch. And that’s what I want you to do. Pay your $54.95, come see James Toney. If you hate me, come see me try to get beat, if you love me, you enjoy the ride, have a good time and eat your popcorn.”

“Hey, they gonna see a whole arsenal. They gonna see kicks, they gonna see experience and everything. And my forte right now is slamming.
ON SIGNING WITH THE UFC

"YOU KNOW WHAT? THEY GOT SMART.THEY KNOW WHAT TIME IT IS.DANA WHITE PUT HIS MONEY WHERE HIS MONEY IS,YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYING? HE BACKED IT UP,YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYING, AND I TAKE MY HAT OFF TO HIM. UNLIKE THE REST OF THESE CATS IN BOXING,WHO SCARED TO DO ANYTHING,TALKING ABOUT I'M AN ALL TIME GREAT BUT THEY DON'T WANT TO PAY ME AND PUT ME ON THE UNDERCARDS AND SHIT,HEY,MY MAN STEPPED UP,HANDS DOWN."

"BOB ARUM,LIKE YOU SAID,HE SAID IT RIGHT ABOUT THE MMA PROMOTERS.THEY DOING WHAT HE USED TO DO,WHAT HIM AND DON KING USED TO DO.THEY USED TO BE OUT ON THE GRIND LIKE THAT,BUT NOW THEY GOT FAT AND LAZY AND THEY DON'T WANT TO DO IT NO MORE,YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYING.THAT'S WHY MMA IS BLOWING UP RIGHT NOW.I'M LOOKING FORWARD TO EXPANDING MY WINGS TO THE MMA CIRCLE AND HANDLE MY BUSINESS LIKE I ALWAYS DO."

"I'VE SEEN THE BLOGS AND SOME OF THE THINGS THESE FANS HAVE SAID. THEY SAID SOME VERY BAD DEROGATORY STUFF,LIKE CALLING ME ****** AND SHIT LIKE THAT.I'M LIKE DAMN, THERE MUST BE SOME REAL ******** IN THIS SPORT,CALLING ME ****** AND PUTTING IT ON THE BLOG,THATS CRAZY BUT IT'S ALL GOOD."

I'M READY TO GO. I'M EXCITED MAN.IT'S LIKE I'M A KID IN A CANDY STORE."

link:http://www.fighthype.com/pages/content7110.html

TONEY IS GONNA **** SHIT UP

·
Sleepy
2,153 Posts
Don't mint people ripping on him but really don't like people calling him a ****** if it's true.

Cant wait til the Randy fight, got a feeling Tony's gonna get stomped :thumb02:

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
This is an odd quote from Tony. He starts by making out that MMA is easy and boxing is a much tougher sport. Then at the end he says this

If you hate me, come see me try to get beat, if you love me, you enjoy the ride, have a good time and eat your popcorn.
I expected him to say if you love me, come watch me knock someone the **** out. Its rather timid and makes me think he knows hes in for a night of takedown after takedown

·
SikWithIt
2,539 Posts
This guy is a joke nothing is going to happen in this fight,Randy is going to the ground right away and finish the fight in the first round.

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
All that "you know what I’m saying" -spam looks even crazier when you read it instead of hearing it. :D

I like Toney as he is brave enough to step into the cage to back up his smacktalk about mma. Mayweather for example has talked SOOOOOOOOO much shit about mma fighters yet he doesn't have the balls to face them in the cage. Toney's boxing and KO power can put any HW in ufc into trouble, but Randy will abuse his non existant ground game pretty easily unless he ends up getting caught.
Personally I wanted to see someone like CC fight Toney, 2 legends with extremely high level striking on 2 different sports. We would end up seeing how Toney can change his stance against a kickboxer and if he can get on range while getting sniped by leg kicks all night long.

·
Registered
585 Posts
The problem I think with boxers making the cross over to MMA is that if they win a fight then them and boxing fans will talk crap about how"easy"mma is and all this other crap. I hope he gets his ass kicked badly and I hope he gets armbarned choked taken down loss

·
Registered
468 Posts
Now if the James Toney from the HL's above was fighting in the UFC, that would be something awesome. Just a shame that he's nothing like the fighter he was.

·
Premium Member
390 Posts
I'm glad all of that was transcribed, because I sure have a hell of a time understanding anything he says on camera.

If people call him names and shit it's because he's a pompous prick. Still doesn't justify the N-word, but he brings a lot of crap on himself. And for all I know only one prick used that word.

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Another Anderson Silva clowning is in order here imo. Randy should get Toney down, get into mount and start dancing, bob his head and throw punches forward into midair in boxing fashion. Occasionally raining some elbows on Toney's face if he tries a punch from the bottom or tries to wriggle out.

·
Premium Member
3,570 Posts
This will be the funniest Dirty Boxing we will ever see Randy pull off....

He will be full mounted and pounded into complete stupidity, which he isn't far off from...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.