Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

Chucks Biggest Threat ?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well who do you think has the greatest chance of beating Chuck between the 3 ?

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
In order I like

1. Wand
2. Tito
3. Babalu

·
Banned
1,177 Posts
1. Wanderlei
2. Tito
3. Babalu

But I think some how Tito will find a way to beat Chuck but Chuck will beat Wanderlei because Wanderlei sucks in the UFC.

·
Premium Member
5,961 Posts
1.wandy
2.tito
3.there Is No Number 3, Noone Else Stands A Chance Imo

·
Registered
669 Posts
i think bisping in the muture might be a threat, but he's got to prove himself against someone other then an overweight heavy handed slugger with a big heart.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Right now the bigget threat to Liddell is Babalu. After all he is the one that has the title shot. Chuck could possibly be going into this fight overlooking Babalu for a number of reasons. Like he has already beat him and he wants Wanderlei. If you look at Babalu's record he has hung in there with some of the best. You never know though. Anyone can beat anyone on anygiven day.

·
Premium Member
5,961 Posts
plr1978 said:
Right now the bigget threat to Liddell is Babalu. After all he is the one that has the title shot. Chuck could possibly be going into this fight overlooking Babalu for a number of reasons. Like he has already beat him and he wants Wanderlei. If you look at Babalu's record he has hung in there with some of the best. You never know though. Anyone can beat anyone on anygiven day.
TRUE, BUT UNLESS BABALU GOT ALOT BETTER AT HIS TAKEDOWNS, CHUCK WILL JUST PAWN HIM ON THEIR FEET...BAD MATCH UP FOR BABALU

·
Premium Member
5,961 Posts
Watch Out For Tito...he Wants Chuck Bad, And He Wont Be Stupid And Try To Strike Wit Chuck..i Think He Can Beat Chuck This Time

·
Premium Member
5,495 Posts
I don't think Liddell is overlooking Babalu but I do think he is confidant that he can beat him. I expect Liddell to run right through Babalu but then hit the brick wall that is Wanderlei Silva. I would like to see Ortiz fight Liddell because Ortiz can beat Liddell, all he has to do is focus more.

1. Wanderlei
2. Ortiz
3. Someboby else from another organization, nobody in the UFC can beat him.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
1) Babalu
2) Tito
3) wassis name

Mind you Tito is on the rise and may do it

·
Banned
1,177 Posts
How is Babalu a threat. Now everyone on this forum thinks Babalu is going to win for some bizarre reason. Chuck is a worst night mare for fighters like Babalu. Chuck hasn't lost to submission since 1999 and he didn't tap, the ref stopped it. Plus he has the best take down defense so Babalu is screwed. Chuck will strike him and own him. However with Ortiz and Silva it will be less ownage infact I think Ortiz can beat Chuck.

·
Premium Member
5,989 Posts
From reading all these news reports (if you wanna call 'em that) lately, that Dana White is skeptical on actually having Chuck/Wandy happen....I wouldn't be suprised to see Liddell vs. Ortiz on the card that was advertised originally for Chuck & Wandy.

If Tito keeps training like a beast - and stays injury free....he'll probably be the biggest threat to Chuck. If they hook it up again...and Tito can get him down, control him on the ground & impose more of his will on Liddell - then we very well may see a new LHW champ. We'll see how it all plays out in the next couple months.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I realy don't understand how babalu would be able to win against chuck, nor do I understand why people think babalu is a big threath.
As to Tito and Wanderlei, ther you got some problems for chuck, but I don't realy know who has the best chanse against chuck, becaus I don't know how good wanderlei is in UFC (after all some of chute box's trademark atacks are not allowed in UFC, and I stil wonder if he'll remember to throw the elbowes).

but if wanderlei vs chuck happen, then its gonne be a damn good fight :)

·
Registered
77 Posts
they all are good fighters.

but the fact of the matter is sobral is the biggest threat. i belive he will win but even if you dont think he can hes the first one in line to fight him.

who ever the ufc puts against him is the biggest threat at that time.

and i think tito is next in line. i heard dont know if its correct but tito signed a 3 fight contract and if he wins the first 2 he gets a title shot. just what i heard dont know for sure. so dont get a hiped up when im wrong

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
yea it looks like Tito will face the winner of Chuck/Babalu ... which is also cool

·
canadian champ
1,522 Posts
Rush said:
How is Babalu a threat. Now everyone on this forum thinks Babalu is going to win for some bizarre reason. Chuck is a worst night mare for fighters like Babalu. Chuck hasn't lost to submission since 1999 and he didn't tap, the ref stopped it. Plus he has the best take down defense so Babalu is screwed. Chuck will strike him and own him. However with Ortiz and Silva it will be less ownage infact I think Ortiz can beat Chuck.[/
babalu has beat some of the best. Do a comparrison chuck couldn't beat horn, horn ended up quiting but he couldn't beat him. Babalu did. Babalu is good and has won many fight's. I've seen knee bars and arm bars while the opponent is standing so babalu doesn't have to take him down. I don't care if chuck hasn't been submited babalu is way better then the last time he beat rua.

·
canadian champ
1,522 Posts
babalu has beat some of the best. Do a comparrison chuck couldn't beat horn, horn ended up quiting but he couldn't beat him. Babalu did. Babalu is good and has won many fight's. I've seen knee bars and arm bars while the opponent is standing so babalu doesn't have to take him down. I don't care if chuck hasn't been submited babalu is way better then the last time he beat rua.

·
Registered
808 Posts
I don't see how people say Tito is on the way up. He looked like crap again Griffin, even though many will say he was injured blah blah, he still looked like crap. Injuries are part of the game. Against Ken, he looked good, but that didn't take much. I do think it would be a good fight though

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Rush said:
How is Babalu a threat. Now everyone on this forum thinks Babalu is going to win for some bizarre reason. Chuck is a worst night mare for fighters like Babalu. Chuck hasn't lost to submission since 1999 and he didn't tap, the ref stopped it. Plus he has the best take down defense so Babalu is screwed. Chuck will strike him and own him. However with Ortiz and Silva it will be less ownage infact I think Ortiz can beat Chuck.
How can you sau Babalu is not a threat then saying Ortiz is?, Ortiz said he would fight his own fight next time they met "meaning ground and pound and not standing" as he was pummeled on his feet. Babalu is as good as Ortiz if not better with submissions his stand up is better than Ortiz, your statement contradicts itself mate.:cheeky4:

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
Grotty said:
How can you sau Babalu is not a threat then saying Ortiz is?, Ortiz said he would fight his own fight next time they met "meaning ground and pound and not standing" as he was pummeled on his feet. Babalu is as good as Ortiz if not better with submissions his stand up is better than Ortiz, your statement contradicts itself mate.:cheeky4:
yea I was wondering the same... Babalu at least went the distance with Fedor.. I do not think Tito could last half that long..

1 - 20 of 21 Posts