Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
LONGHAIRED COUNTRYBOY
9,814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just felt like takin another look. The ref stops the fight 14 seconds in, one punch thrown.
What I found most interesting was the fit of rage from fedor at :54 when he learns the fight is stopped.

·
Call Me King
419 Posts
It wasn't a loss, I completely disagree with that call, because elbow strikes were ILLEGAL! Which is the same in Strikeforce. He almost lost by cut in the Lindland fight, but ended up pulling off an armbar.

·
Abusive
1,806 Posts
Technically, Fedor won due to an illegal strike, but because Fedor couldn't continue and it was a tournament style event, someone had to move on. That said, they had to give Fedor an official loss to let Kohsaka continue.

·
LONGHAIRED COUNTRYBOY
9,814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The rematch put TK in the hospital for a while.

He was no Joke either. Some ancient history from the ancient one, TK was one of the original cross trainers in mma. Back around 1996(95?) he, frank Shamrock and Maurice Smith formed The Alliance and were really the first to share their knowledge in different disciplines and learn how they could put them together. Worked pretty well. They were the first well rounded mixed martial artists. It's hard to tell it today but because of the Alliance Frankie was once head and shoulders above anybody in the ufc and TK gave Randy and Nog all they could handle when they were young men.

...yeah I've got too much time on my hands... waiting for the rest of my family to get home from KY. gonna be late.

·
Premium Member
1,828 Posts
It's a legit loss as it was a tournament and Fedor couldnt continue because of the cut.

Was it an illegal strike ??? Yes it was.

If it wasnt a tournament Fedor should have gotten the win by disqualification.

But he didnt. Not a big deal as the loss was avenged and brutally.

·
Call Me King
419 Posts
I agree with all comments here, it was a legitimate loss due to the fact that he accepted the rules upon entering the tournament.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
I'm a big Fedor fan but this loss, which everyone rushes to point out as a technicality and therefore not really a loss, kind of balances the Arona fight for me since I thought Fedor actually lost that fight.

·
Premium Member
21,821 Posts
Since everyone likes to put an asterisk next to his loss in this fight I always wonder why nobody puts one next to him for the Arona fight which he was gifted. You can't have your cake and eat it to. You can't ignore the official result here and then accept the wrong one there.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Since everyone likes to put an asterisk next to his loss in this fight I always wonder why nobody puts one next to him for the Arona fight which he was gifted. You can't have your cake and eat it to. You can't ignore the official result here and then accept the wrong one there.
agree 100% but the Fedor fanatics will ignore your post like it doesn't exist. the truth can be a bitter pill to swallow.:thumb02:

·
Call Me King
419 Posts
agree 100% but the Fedor fanatics will ignore your post like it doesn't exist. the truth can be a bitter pill to swallow.:thumb02:
Haha, love the way that this was put. For sure, the judging on that fight was a bit odd. I don't see how Fedor won that one.

·
"I
6,923 Posts
Beat me to it sugar-lips. Was about to say the same thing. If you want to discount this as a loss, you have to give him a loss for Arona either way. Either way you look at it he has a loss on his record IMO.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.