Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
LEGEND
1,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Matt Serra is my favorite fighter on TUF 4 but does anyone else agree that this is turning into the Matt Serra show. Out of an hour this guys probably gets about 40 minutes of air time

·
The American Psycho
6,946 Posts
Thats not true, Matt has been getting 20% and Shoanie Carter's been getting the other 20%. So they should really call it The Matt and Shoanie Show.

·
Registered
77 Posts
matt serra has been a good corner man in my opinion. and i dont know if anyone has the jiu jitsu skills he has. he is my pick to win tuf 4.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Serra ain't winning shit like u all said he's a great corner man, not a great fighter anymore (if he ever was)

besides he talks too much i bet u anything that none of the face guys on the show the ones who do all the talking will make it too the finals. All the best fighters are concentrating on training and getting their shot not camera time.

·
I eat babies
7,647 Posts
Serra sucks. He's only good at telling people good advice but never takes his own and that's why he's 4-4 in UFC. Everyone decent he faced smashed him. He looked horrible against Shonie Carter and horrible against Din Thomas. His overall record is 5-4 which blows. The only good fighter he has beaten is Yves Edwards but he couldn't finish it. He's good at telling other people how to fight but sucks at fighting himself. Kinda wierd. :dunno:

·
Banned
66 Posts
Serra is over rated on the show definitely. Everyone on this forum is like "he can beat up anyone", "he can win easily", etc. Hes really just an annoying imbecile especially when hes like "someones been bad" which made him sound gay or how he always protects Shonie.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Shonnie and Serra are eating up the camera time. I'm having a very hard time remebering anyone else from the show. It's weird problem, being able to pick up new martial arts skills and Kata's at the drop of a hat, but being almost half way through the season and still not knowing all the names of the fighters.

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Whether or not Serra's that well rounded, he's probably just as good as any of the other fights on the show. I could see him getting to the semi-finals, but most likely losing to Din Thomas if that's what it comes down to.

·
I eat babies
7,647 Posts
MMA freak said:
Hes annoying but a heck of a grappler. He beat Takanori Gomi in a grappling match. He doesn't suck. His MMA wins may be a bit crappy but hes a heck of a grapper, great agility, and hes a good coach for the show to have. But he is annoying such as "someones been bad" in that voice and when Scott Smith farted he said "oh!" really loud like 10 times almost like he wanted attention.

Yea he's a good grappler, but he sucks at fighting. That's what I said. He sucks at fighting not grappling. Gomi would kill him in an MMA match. I will be surprised if Serra makes it to the finals, or even the semifinals for that matter.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Well he's fighting a week from Thursday, no way out of it either, it's the last welterweight fight. If Spratt actually shows up, he could wreck Serra. Also, there isn't going to be anyone in Mojo's corner, because there cornerman is going to be stuck in the cage. Spratt probably has the most potential of any Welterweights on the show. It's just a matter of how much heart he has in his training and fighting.

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
WouldLuv2FightU said:
Yea he's a good grappler, but he sucks at fighting. That's what I said. He sucks at fighting not grappling. Gomi would kill him in an MMA match. I will be surprised if Serra makes it to the finals, or even the semifinals for that matter.
actually matt serra is 13-4 just to tell you, dont always rely on sherdog fight finder. Matt serra also beat jeff curran and ivan manjivar, last time i checked both of those fighters are considered to be good.

·
Premium Member
5,961 Posts
didnt u read the tuf 4 spoiler alerts people..all im gonna say is serra doesnt suck..i dont wanna burst ur bubbles..but the finals have already leaked out

·
The American Psycho
6,946 Posts
jdun11 said:
didnt u read the tuf 4 spoiler alerts people..all im gonna say is serra doesnt suck..i dont wanna burst ur bubbles..but the finals have already leaked out
For all we know that spoiler is just plain bull****! I'm still rooting for Serra though!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.