Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its that time of the year again where Bisping is about to fight, the fans come onto the forum and praise the haters come onto the forum and show pictures of Hendo knocking out. Its also the time i make another one of these threads :).

I think he did him self proud during the Wandy fight and personally think the ufc have given him a very favourable match up in Miller. Whilst i dont under estimate Miller, i personally think Bisping takes this one with relative ease. Miller wont submit him and his stand up is very mediocre. I think this is either a tko or decision for Bisping. I think in this fight Bisping will be very aggressive as he knows Miller cant really do much standing so i think it ends in the 2nd round. Im sure the haters will have something different to say but oh well.

Here is his latest vlog

War Bisping!!!

·
Premium Member
3,535 Posts
I really hope Bisping comes out in this fight and puts it on Dan Miller. The last few fights we've seen Mike looking awesome on the mits, supposedly possessing KO power in training, but when he gets out into the octagon it's like he's scared to throw. I do see him beating Dan Miller though. Miller was out-struck by Demian Maia and even if Miller gets the fight to the mat Bisping's not a fish out of water there, he did excellently against Denis Kang on the ground for example. I see Mike winning this fight, but I don't see him ever getting near title contention. His striking does look good in training again though, hopefully he'll be able to actually show it in the fight this time.

·
All Eyez on Me
2,481 Posts
I was never a bisping fan but lately i've been having a change of heart. the way he's been losing and the fact that he trains with rampage is making me warm up to him a little bit. I hope he can win this fight.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Agreed - he has not shown anything resembling KO power in his last few fights. In that respect he looked much better earlier in his career (although the quality of his oponents has obviously improved).

I'mn not sure whether it is:

1) UK boxing style tends to mean fighting off the back foot (suiting the amateur game, but not translating well fo pro boxing and particularly MMA).

2) He's scared to plant his feet after the Hendo KO.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
The Bisping warwagon seems to have a lot of empty seats.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Requesting permission to board, sir! Always been a fan of Bisping, english or not, and I see this ending in the 2nd via TKO. I just wish he'd be a little more confident in his striking. Against Hendo he looked very confident up until he was dropped.. since then he's always looked tentative, especially against Wandy. Maybe Rampage being around his camp for longer this time will help him out alot, as no doubt Rampage has alot he could teach Mike.

·
WIDE OPEN
3,973 Posts
He is in for a big surprize when his punches don't hurt Miller, and his neck at a drawn out 185 is surely to be snapped by the guillotine of death.

I don't hate Bisping anymore. Hendo beat him up, then Wandy beat him up sufficiently. So I have no more animosity towards the poor guy. BUT he happens to be facing the brother of my favorite fighter, which makes him one of my favorite fighters. So I have to declare WAR MILLER

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Agreed - he has not shown anything resembling KO power in his last few fights. In that respect he looked much better earlier in his career (although the quality of his oponents has obviously improved).

I'mn not sure whether it is:

1) UK boxing style tends to mean fighting off the back foot (suiting the amateur game, but not translating well fo pro boxing and particularly MMA).

2) He's scared to plant his feet after the Hendo KO.
how would amatuer uk boxing affect bisping ? thats retarded

·
Banned
5,115 Posts
Always have been and always will be a Bisping fan. Great, down to earth guy and a good fighter. I hope that in time, he will make the transition from good to great. He always looks excellent in the gym when sparring and such, but he seems to get gunshy in the octagon. Im confident hes going to kick miller around any ways though, if Maia can out strike him....

·
Registered
45 Posts
how would amatuer uk boxing affect bisping ? thats retarded
The majority of his boxing coaches / sparring partners are UK based. What style will he have learned? English.

TBH its not exactly a controversial / innovative opinion - the differences in styles between UK fighters and US fighters (where there is a lot more focus on the professional game) is well recognised. How many times do you hear of good British amateurs going to the US to prepare for turning pro.

Add to that the question of what does Bispings boxing style look like? A typical fight off the back foot British amateur. Compare that to the US stand up game. Fight off the front foot, power, aggression, rather than scoring points off the back and not getting hit.

I've boxed and done MMA training in both the US and the UK (I'm a British ex-pat) and its certainly something I've observed.

Do you have a better insight or is calling things retarded as good as it gets?

Anderton? Not a Spurs fan are you?

·
Premium Member
697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
The Bisping warwagon seems to have a lot of empty seats.
Im guessing your not a fan.

I agree with all the posts about Bisping stand up. I think against Miller he will let his hands go as he knows miller cant do much standing. I wanna see the old cage rage Bisping, that guy didnt care about going to toe to toe. He was finishing fighters who had good chins as well.

In his videos when hes hitting the mits he seems like he has good power behind the shots, i just wanna see him bring that same power and aggression into the octagon. I think due to his popularity in the uk hes almost guaranteed a job for life with the ufc, i just hope we see the Bisping we saw when he first came into the ufc. He would always try and put it on his opponents and i hope against miller he does the same

War Bisping!!

·
Banned
5,115 Posts
The majority of his boxing coaches / sparring partners are UK based. What style will he have learned? English.

TBH its not exactly a controversial / innovative opinion - the differences in styles between UK fighters and US fighters (where there is a lot more focus on the professional game) is well recognised. How many times do you hear of good British amateurs going to the US to prepare for turning pro.

Add to that the question of what does Bispings boxing style look like? A typical fight off the back foot British amateur. Compare that to the US stand up game. Fight off the front foot, power, aggression, rather than scoring points off the back and not getting hit.

I've boxed and done MMA training in both the US and the UK (I'm a British ex-pat) and its certainly something I've observed.

Do you have a better insight or is calling things retarded as good as it gets?

Anderton? Not a Spurs fan are you?
Lennox Lewis, Ricky Hatton, Joe Calzaghe, Henry Cooper, Frank Bruno, Chris Eubank, prince naseem?

lol just kidding man, i dont train or know much about amateur boxing, so im sure you know best, but earlier in Bispings career, he did used to be a lot more aggressive in fights.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts