Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
think about it, how did EliteXc fold? :confused02:

by spending too much money on the fighters purse (among other things). Hendo requested a large chunk of money, Dana saw an opportunity to exploit Strikeforce, hoping that by signing too many big name fighters they will eventually get over their head and fold.

completely of topic here's the new Clay Guida doll looking like Howard Stern:thumb02:

·
Baddest Man Alive
671 Posts
LOL @ Howard Guida/Clay Stern.

But on the original topic, that is a great point. I highly doubt it due to the whole conspiracy theory. But you have a good mind for business yourself. This could be a great thing for MMA as a whole. We can get Hendo vs. Mousasi/Shields/Smith/Cung/Lawler. I think that Hendo would easily handle Cung and Smith. I think that Jake Shields would get his td's stuffed and get knocked out. And Mousasi/ Lawler would be great fights. Neither Lawler nor Mousasi would back down from a strikefest. But I really wanna see Hendo vs Fedor. Lindland didnt do it, but maybe Hendo can. This brings up my main reason for my undying manlove for Hollywood Dan, he can have a competitive war in any weightclass he chooses. WAR HENDO.

·
Cheers.
5,341 Posts
Henderson was not released. The UFC didn't re-sign him. Big difference.

But while I don't buy into the conspiracy theory, I totally understand the UFC brass not wanting to pay him what he was asking, if those reports are indeed true.

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
There is no secret reason as to why Hendo didnt get resigned. He was asking for more money then he is worth. He once again showed the world that he has zero personality on TUF. Casual fans havent seen his old fights from Pride. Apart from his destruction of Bisping, his fights in the UFC have been far from impressive. He hasnt really done anything to make himself a must have commodity for the UFC. It seems to me like Strikeforce has also recognized this, seeing as they have yet to sign him as well. Scott Coker isnt an idiot, he knows that people arent exactly piling into the arenas to watch Hendo. Hendo is a great fighter, not a star though.

·
MMA Patriot
4,003 Posts
sux I really like hendo and was looking forward to a rematch with him and anderson as I feel he is probably the biggest threat to him because of his greco roman back round. He was probably pissed off about not getting his title shot so I sure some words were exchanged between him and Dana that didnt help the situation.

well he will probably be champ anywhere else he fights.

·
"I
6,923 Posts
How can a much smaller org pay him 5-10x more?:confused02:
Ask Affliction

OH WAIT...

I also think SF will fold in about a year or maybe two... they simply don't have the economy to support giving him a massive contract like he has. Either they fold or they don't sign any more big names and just disappear... we'll see.

·
ROCKET FISTS
5,743 Posts
Whoa you guys, slow down with those accusations.

Things we don't know:

How much Hendo asked for
The real reason for leaving
How much Fedor was offered by UFC
How much SF contract guarantees him
How much SF contract will guarantee Hendo

Do we even know, for 100% sure from SF, that Hendo is signed?

·
Registered
4,322 Posts

Things we don't know:

How much Hendo asked for

No, he is still unsigned, thats what points to him asking for a ridiculous contract (although your right, we dont really know).

·
Registered
24 Posts
it would appear that Hendo, who was probably assuming he was getting to fight for the title, was trying to use that leverage to get the big payday.

I think it would be a much better fight this time than it was last time with Silva but Dan is off the deep end asking for what he was asking for.

Lets hope someone makes a move, Id love to see another devastating knock out from Hendo. And of course the jumping hammer fist to the unconscious opponent!!

·
Premium Member
4,364 Posts

Things we don't know:

How much Hendo asked for

We know that he was asking money similar to Anderson, GSP, Lesnar etc are making. He himself said that he wasn't asking for outrageous money because he knew there were a couple contracts out there similar to what he was asking for. Quite honestly Hendo isn't worth near what those fighters make especially if he comes back and loses another fight with Silva, then he would have very little promotional value.

·
ROCKET FISTS
5,743 Posts
We know that he was asking money similar to Anderson, GSP, Lesnar etc are making. He himself said that he wasn't asking for outrageous money because he knew there were a couple contracts out there similar to what he was asking for. Quite honestly Hendo isn't worth near what those fighters make especially if he comes back and loses another fight with Silva, then he would have very little promotional value.

I'm not sure if it was confirmed he wanted Lesnar/GSP money, I think he just said "there's a lot of fighters making what I asked for."

And Hendo is DEFINITELY a way bigger draw than Silva. Silva doesn't pull the numbers despite his talent.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts