Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
2,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From another site...

"TUF winner's contract bind the fighter exclusively to the UFC for three years, with three fights per year. In the first year, the salary for each fight is $12,000 to fight and an additional $12,000 to win. Fighting income for the year would range from $36,000 to $72,000, depending on wins and losses. In the second year, it's $16,000 and $16,000 per fight, meaning that fighting income for the year would range from $48,000 to $96,000. In the third year, it's $22,000 and $22,000 per fight, meaning that fighting income for the year would range from $66,000 to $122,000. That is actually a six-figure income in one year out of three, or zero years out of three, depending on wins and losses."

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
AtomDanger said:
From another site...

"TUF winner's contract bind the fighter exclusively to the UFC for three years, with three fights per year. In the first year, the salary for each fight is $12,000 to fight and an additional $12,000 to win. Fighting income for the year would range from $36,000 to $72,000, depending on wins and losses. In the second year, it's $16,000 and $16,000 per fight, meaning that fighting income for the year would range from $48,000 to $96,000. In the third year, it's $22,000 and $22,000 per fight, meaning that fighting income for the year would range from $66,000 to $122,000. That is actually a six-figure income in one year out of three, or zero years out of three, depending on wins and losses."
man i was trying to find this info out forever too. cuz i was wondering what happens if a fighter sucks shit?? like bonnar, would they really keep giving him fights and paying him?? thats where i came up with my little conspiracy theory about zuffa tampering with his drug test to get him out of there. i was only kidding of course but how far fetched is it really?? another example is ed herman. what if he really isn't everything he pumped himself up to be. these contracts could end up biting zuffa in the ass.

·
Registered
3,763 Posts
j.farrell said:
man i was trying to find this info out forever too. cuz i was wondering what happens if a fighter sucks shit?? like bonnar, would they really keep giving him fights and paying him?? thats where i came up with my little conspiracy theory about zuffa tampering with his drug test to get him out of there. i was only kidding of course but how far fetched is it really?? another example is ed herman. what if he really isn't everything he pumped himself up to be. these contracts could end up biting zuffa in the ass.
Maybe they could just pay them off if they really want them out. Its not like this would be a very big payment for Zuffa.

·
Banned
2,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
j.farrell said:

Yeah.
Well i mean if you look, you could lose all your fights and you really arent making shit at all

·
Banned
2,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hitmachine44 said:
Excellent. Nice find on that info.

thanks.

I was WAYY too curious about this, because the way they make it seem on the show, 6 figure contract... I'm thinking wow, 100K

1 - 6 of 6 Posts