Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I have to agree with Joe Rogen, on that there are a lot of advantages that Brock has in power/size that (Fedor has beaten) but not at the level of Brock, and if Brett was able to over power Fedor a little bit and land some decent GnP, i wouldn't want to know what Brock would do if he was able to get to a position that Brett was able to get from over powering the Clinch....

I just dont think Fedor will be able to stuff the Takedowns of Brock, or be able to catch Brock on a sub like Mir... And i also agree with "The Voice" on that the longer Fedor waits the worse a beatdown he will receive....

And the only way i see Fedor really being able to stop Brock from taking him down and delivering a massive beat down, would be if Fedor was able to land a huge shot and put Brock out, or slow him down... Other then that... Fedor would be finished or Defending for 3 rounds and not being able to do shit....

The Brock that fought Mir the first time would get owned by Fedor, and the Brock that fought Cotoure would imo get owned by Fedor, but the Brock that fought Mir the second time???

With his wrest control and his drastic change in skill for the better, i think the Brock today would prob be to much for him....

Although NOTHING would make me more happy then to see Fedor knock Brock THE F OUT!

Edit: Another part of the video just an extra...

·
Registered
536 Posts
I want to see this fight almost as much as I do Pacquiao vs Mayweather. The hype itself is mind boggling!

·
The Forum Drunk
9,450 Posts
brock takes it hands down against fedor.

:(

god i wish i were wrong

·
Premium Member
3,570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I want to see this fight almost as much as I do Pacquiao vs Mayweather. The hype itself is mind boggling!

Someone that has accomplished so much in a sport like Fedor has, and has never truly lost out of 33 fights....

And to fight the fastest HW rising star in MMA history because of his pure Mass and Strength interests me to the fullest....

Hence why Dana is losing his mind at the moment lol.....

brock takes it hands down against fedor.

:(

god i wish i were wrong

Well its scary to see a record like Fedor and to think he only has a punchers chance... And u cant knock someone out while your on ur back so its like a 25 - 50 second punchers chance....

I mean he MAAAAYBE could pull off a sub, anything is possible, but imo the second Brock takes Fedor down, the fight is going to end or the round...

Fedor is to small atm and has only experience and skill to try to overcome to BIG of a odd, you can be a better fighter and be over powered to submission, and when Brock gets u there, u eat hammer fists.....

And im a way bigger Fedor fan.....

·
Super Ultra Great Delicious Wonderful
6,517 Posts
I saw the entire show on hdnet. It was kind of disappointing like half of it is them ass kissing each other.

As for Fedor I'd rather see him cut to 205 and fight AS, Shogun, Machida, and Rampage.

·
Premium Member
3,570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I saw the entire show on hdnet. It was kind of disappointing like half of it is them ass kissing each other.

As for Fedor I'd rather see him cut to 205 and fight AS, Shogun, Machida, and Rampage.
I totally agree good point.... I mean Fedor is better then Brock but lets face it, Brock will most likely over power Fedor and GnP till ref stoppage or TKO....

But if he fought as a 205, he would be a big 205, and would be a insane threat.....

·
Registered
15 Posts
I agree with Mike on this. The longer its prolonged the tides will shift over to Lesnar. Lesnars only weakness is he has way less experience than Fedor but everything is there.

·
Great Googly Moogly!
1,407 Posts
Someone that has accomplished so much in a sport like Fedor has, and has never truly lost out of 33 fights....

And to fight the fastest HW rising star in MMA history because of his pure Mass and Strength interests me to the fullest....

Hence why Dana is losing his mind at the moment lol.....

Well its scary to see a record like Fedor and to think he only has a punchers chance... And u cant knock someone out while your on ur back so its like a 25 - 50 second punchers chance....

I mean he MAAAAYBE could pull off a sub, anything is possible, but imo the second Brock takes Fedor down, the fight is going to end or the round...

Fedor is to small atm and has only experience and skill to try to overcome to BIG of a odd, you can be a better fighter and be over powered to submission, and when Brock gets u there, u eat hammer fists.....

And im a way bigger Fedor fan.....
Not exactly true. Geigard Mousasi badly rocked and finished Jorge Santaigo from his back with a hammerfist. Though it's worth noting that Santaigo has kind of a glass jaw and Mousasi trapped Jorge's head against his shin before hitting him with the hammerfist from the bottom.

As for the rest of the thread I would have to say I agree with the Voice. I think that longer it takes for this fight to be made the more it shifts into Brock's favor, but I think that moment has already passed and it's a 50/50 fight. Brock has shown to have good submission defense and amazing ground control. Against Fedor, a guy who likes to roll into things quickly, I believe Lesnar could shut his ground game down and exhaust him using his size.

On the feet Fedor has great head movement and is crazy accurate with punches that don't look like they would land in a fight. If Brock can't close the distance quickly and take him down then he would be in an extremely dangerous spot on the feet. I don't think Brock would have the cardio to carry on in a 5 round stand-up fight.

·
Premium Member
2,150 Posts
But if he fought as a 205, he would be a big 205, and would be a insane threat.....
The Scary thing is that he wouldn't even be a big 205. He's the same size or smaller than Randy who isn't as big as Tito, Anderson, Rampage, etc.

Not exactly true. Geigard Mousasi badly rocked and finished Jorge Santaigo from his back with a hammerfist. Though it's worth noting that Santaigo has kind of a glass jaw and Mousasi trapped Jorge's head against his shin before hitting him with the hammerfist from the bottom.

As for the rest of the thread I would have to say I agree with the Voice. I think that longer it takes for this fight to be made the more it shifts into Brock's favor, but I think that moment has already passed and it's a 50/50 fight. Brock has shown to have good submission defense and amazing ground control. Against Fedor, a guy who likes to roll into things quickly, I believe Lesnar could shut his ground game down and exhaust him using his size.

On the feet Fedor has great head movement and is crazy accurate with punches that don't look like they would land in a fight. If Brock can't close the distance quickly and take him down then he would be in an extremely dangerous spot on the feet. I don't think Brock would have the cardio to carry on in a 5 round stand-up fight.
Does Fedor have the cardio to go 5 rounds? It's been how long since Fedor has been in a tough fight?

·
Premium Member
4,754 Posts
Fedor down to 205 and Cain down to 205. LMW would be the scariest division, ever, but, Fedor has a lesser chance of suddenly deciding to cut, then he does actually signing with the UFC. Unlikeliness on top of a greater unlikeliness, but man would that be sick.

Someone mentioned Manny vs Money May. Allegedly, Manny has agreed to the 14 day pre-fight random drug test demands of Mayweather. We'll see, however, as much as I love Manny and as much as I hate Floyd, Floyd will eat Manny up. Manny's too aggressive and Floyd is abnormally effective at counter punching. Sorry about the off topic guys.

Sweet interview by the way, reps.

·
Banned
2,638 Posts
i dont think Fedor or Cain would do aswell as LHWs tbh.

HW division has alot of guys that cant match their speed and skillsets, that is their biggest asset.

LHW is a different story. plus we dont know what they lose in cardio and strength.

Fedor is a bit pudgey so i could see it but still.... why?? he hasnt lost in forever.

Cain ppl just look at his upper body.... there is a reason he was a HW NCAA wrestler aswell. His legs are tree trunks and he has very little body fat at 240-245.

thats a tough cut.

·
Premium Member
1,246 Posts
Not exactly true. Geigard Mousasi badly rocked and finished Jorge Santaigo from his back with a hammerfist. Though it's worth noting that Santaigo has kind of a glass jaw and Mousasi trapped Jorge's head against his shin before hitting him with the hammerfist from the bottom....
Was Mamed Khalidov, not Mousasi...

·
Gone Fishing
4,534 Posts
Cain ppl just look at his upper body.... there is a reason he was a HW NCAA wrestler aswell. His legs are tree trunks and he has very little body fat at 240-245.

thats a tough cut.[/QUOTE]

Looks like the president of the Brown Pride fan club has showed up to explain how hot Cain is...Just messin with ya Alize, it'd be hard for him to cut that much:thumb02:

·
Premium Member
802 Posts
The only chance Fedor has (IMO) is with the knock out. Brock would man handle Fedor like a Catholic priest on an eight year old boy.

Ref stoppage 3rd round.

·
HiiiPoWeR
17,676 Posts
I'm pretty sure that every Brock Lesnar fight is going to have the same outcome as it was in UFC 100. His TD's are too strong and his mat control is too good. His size and wrestling skills make him seem as an unstoppable force. The only way to defeat him is by knocking him out.

·
Premium Member
3,705 Posts
The potential of this fight is through the roof, I think it might break all PPV sporting sales. If the fight happened this year, I couldnt pick a fighter who would win.

Fedor takes a beating for half a round and comes out and totally catches a fighter, whether it is on the chin or a submission...he just gets it done. While Brock has the strength and size Fedor has never faced, and he is always improving. The way he looked from when he first fought Mir to when he destroyed him is like two completely different fighters.

If the fight happened this year, I would give a SLIGHT edge towards Lesnar simply because of his wrestling and size. But if the fight happens in 2011-2012....Lesnar hands down. The dude will be a wrecking machine by that time. In 1-2 years, Lesnar will have that same aura around him like GSP, You know GSP will win the fight unless he gets clipped(Serra).

·
Registered
266 Posts
Wow the lack of knowledge in this thread is unbearable, I know Lesnar is a monster who quickly established himself to the top as the HW champ but he's only fought 5 times and the only one who was recently regarded as a contender was Frank Mir who he had lost to on hes debut. I think Brock still needs to prove himself in the cage I dont care if he has the title but he needs to defend it against current top contenders; Shane, Cain, JDS before hes even considered to be matched against Fedor. Skill vs Strength classic battle do you really think Marius will beat Brock?

·
Premium Member
4,754 Posts
The potential of this fight is through the roof, I think it might break all PPV sporting sales. If the fight happened this year, I couldnt pick a fighter who would win.

Fedor takes a beating for half a round and comes out and totally catches a fighter, whether it is on the chin or a submission...he just gets it done. While Brock has the strength and size Fedor has never faced, and he is always improving. The way he looked from when he first fought Mir to when he destroyed him is like two completely different fighters.

If the fight happened this year, I would give a SLIGHT edge towards Lesnar simply because of his wrestling and size. But if the fight happens in 2011-2012....Lesnar hands down. The dude will be a wrecking machine by that time. In 1-2 years, Lesnar will have that same aura around him like GSP, You know GSP will win the fight unless he gets clipped(Serra).
It wouldn't beat Manny vs Mayweather PPV #'s, but yeah, definitely the biggest fight in MMA history.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts