Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...and it is silva!

Wand would attack silva and he woulld get ktfo, but we would actually see a fight. What do you think?

·
Banned
7,811 Posts
that wouldn't be a fight! Wandy would not even make it out of the first 2 minutes, if he chases Andy in there.

Give him a real challenge! And with a real challenge I mean a top 3 p4p fighter named George St. Pierre!!!

·
Registered
773 Posts
if anderson silva wants a chyallenge he should fight up in weight not down. Silva v jon jones would make an intresting fight

·
Banned
7,811 Posts
if anderson silva wants a chyallenge he should fight up in weight not down. Silva v jon jones would make an intresting fight
GSP is the biggest challenge among everybody else whether HW,LHW,MW.. NO this time it's a weight class down. Just because he fights one weight class down, doesn't mean he isn't the biggest challenge for him.

Only Brock and Cain could beat him above his weight class! Both of these fights wouldn't be interesting!

·
Registered
773 Posts

Only Brock and Cain could beat him above his weight class! Both of these fights wouldn't be interesting!
huh??? wow so you have pretty much written off the LHW division?

a division with shogun,couture, rampage, rashad, jones, thiago silva, belfort....not to mention spiders 'friends' machida and lil nog.

Oh as for the HW divison i find it a highly dubious claim that he'd be able to beat the likes of JDS, Carwin, duffee

·
NO. 1 *BONER*
7,727 Posts
There are a lot of guys who could beat Silva.
Honestly...if we're talking about the HW division there JDS, Cain, Brock and Carwin would be too much for Silva imo.
But Silva doesn't need to go all the way to HW to find a good opponent. In the LHW there are a lot of guys wgo would fight him and i do think he needs to fight at LHW, if he realy means what he said, that he wants to test himself.
I think he would beat most of the guys at LHW but all that C*R**A*P we saw tonight...no way he could afford "to monkey" arround like that.
I would say there are 3 to 5 fighters at LHW that could beat him.
And the guy you see in my picture :D is one of them.

·
Banned
7,811 Posts
huh??? wow so you have pretty much written off the LHW division?

a division with shogun,couture, rampage, rashad, jones, thiago silva, belfort....not to mention spiders 'friends' machida and lil nog.

Oh as for the HW divison i find it a highly dubious claim that he'd be able to beat the likes of JDS, Carwin, duffee
Exactly, thats what I did!

None of these guys you mentioned, have a chance against him right now with the exeption of the guys he won't fight like Lyoto, Shogun (cause he woulnd't leave Lyoto in nowheres land), lil nog (fiends). There is nobody in the LHW devision who can beat him right now. And there is nobody in the HW devision except the huge Wrestler (wich nobody is interested to see him fight against) who could beat him.

Mir, Duffee, Kongo bring them all... JDS (he won't fight him either) is the only interesting fight at HW. All the others are easy fights for him. And I truly mean that!

·
Premium Member
21,821 Posts
No, No, No. If your kid throws a temper tantrum at the supper table cause he wants lasagna and your eating chicken you do not teach him a lesson by giving him lasagna.

·
Registered
971 Posts
No, No, No. If your kid throws a temper tantrum at the supper table cause he wants lasagna and your eating chicken you do not teach him a lesson by giving him lasagna.

lol what?

if your kid has millions of dollars riding on him, you feed him what he wants, or you get a chickin bone stuck up your ass again, possibly...

feed him pudding before he eats his meat.

·
Premium Member
21,821 Posts
What millions, Anderson Silva PPV's have always drawn horrid PPV buys and you think after the Leites and Maia fights that is gonna improve.

·
Registered
971 Posts
What millions, Anderson Silva PPV's have always drawn horrid PPV buys and you think after the Leites and Maia fights that is gonna improve.
even with horrible ppv buys, its still millions of dollars we're talking about.....

maybe becuase the ufc keeps matching him up with guys like cote, maia, and leites, not Many casual arm chair mma fans care to see those guys.....

put anderson in there with shogun, and have a fight that the fans don't know the predetermend outcome ahead of time, and maybe they would buy more anderson silva fights...its not too exciting when you know one fighter is that much better than the other, yet for some reason, thats when anderson performs the worst.

you don't know that this will make anderson's ppv rating go down...it could very well make it go up....1 becuase he will be matched up with better fighters...and 2 people will pay to see him get his ass kicked, like you said he wasn't much a fan favorite judging by buy rate before, so maybe the added hate will increase buys...

anderson silva is still the most exciting and best fighter in the world, and most people know when you put him in a fight with someone he feels challenged against he will be that fighter again.

i'm sure the hendo, franklin, and forrest ppv's did pretty good, no??...no one cares about the lietes, maia's, and cotes of the world, thats probable why no one bought those cards...dana wouldn't have been hyping anderson up as the best p4p fighter in the world if he didn't think he could be a good draw....when I talk to the everyday mma fan, they usally only talk about anderson silva, brock, or chuck liddel...

·
Premium Member
21,821 Posts
even with horrible ppv buys, its still millions of dollars we're talking about.....

maybe becuase the ufc keeps matching him up with guys like cote, maia, and leites, not Many casual arm chair mma fans care to see those guys.....

put anderson in there with shogun, and have a fight that the fans don't know the predetermend outcome ahead of time, and maybe they would buy more anderson silva fights...its not too exciting when you know one fighter is that much better than the other, yet for some reason, thats when anderson performs the worst.

you don't know that this will make anderson's ppv rating go down...it could very well make it go up....1 becuase he will be matched up with better fighters...and 2 people will pay to see him get his ass kicked, like you said he wasn't much a fan favorite judging by buy rate before, so maybe the added hate will increase buys...

anderson silva is still the most exciting and best fighter in the world, and most people know when you put him in a fight with someone he feels challenged against he will be that fighter again.

i'm sure the hendo, franklin, and forrest ppv's did pretty good, no??...no one cares about the lietes, maia's, and cotes of the world, thats probable why no one bought those cards...dana wouldn't have been hyping anderson up as the best p4p fighter in the world if he didn't think he could be a good draw....when I talk to the everyday mma fan, they usally only talk about anderson silva, brock, or chuck liddel...
No the Franklin and Hendo PPV's did about 20,000 more buys than the Cote one and both had stronger undercards. Actually Henderson vs Franklin out drew either guys fight with Anderson.

·
ROCKET FISTS
5,743 Posts
This is one of the ways to get Anderson Silva to perform... you wont see Silva joke around if he's challenged. Silva vs. Bones Jones would be great... Jones wont be scared to engage.
Yeah right, Jon Jones was afraid to engage Brandon Vera standing for ffs. He's beaten who... Vera and Bonnar? If he was outside the UFC he'd just be another nobody, as far as I'm concerned Hector Lombard has a much better resume.

Silva needs to step up and start fighting 100% and prove he's the best. I'm sick of him dancing around and not finishing fights, just to have people be amazed at him. You know what's really amazing? Giving 100% and destroying your opponent in the first round every time (JDS) or fighting much bigger opponents and destroying them at their own game (Fedor).

Did we call Nate Quarry the best fighter ever when he did the running man vs Kalib? I see no reason to keep bowing to Silva if he's not going to prove he's the best.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.