Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
"Focus"
10,181 Posts
He's hardly going to kill Jon. Fitch has fought strikers before and he's pretty much dominated them.

It should be a good fight, but I think Jon is going to take him down and get the UD.

·
"Focus"
10,181 Posts
I really like alves but i also want fitch to get his GSP rematch.

going to be a tough one but may the better man prevail
It's not like it really matters, no one is beating GSP anytime soon. I think Fitch has the better shot only because he's a great wrestler and has some insane heart.

·
Registered
597 Posts
It's not like it really matters, no one is beating GSP anytime soon. I think Fitch has the better shot only because he's a great wrestler and has some insane heart.

you're absolutely right. it doesn't really matter. in fact lets just have GSP as the undisputed WW champ for the next 10 years and not bother with any other WW fighters. In fact dana should just release every WW not named GSP

(yeah yeah i went overboard..... i couldn't resist though lol) i know what you were trying to say though, just busting your chops a bit

·
"Focus"
10,181 Posts
you're absolutely right. it doesn't really matter. in fact lets just have GSP as the undisputed WW champ for the next 10 years and not bother with any other WW fighters. In fact dana should just release every WW not named GSP

(yeah yeah i went overboard..... i couldn't resist though lol) i know what you were trying to say though, just busting your chops a bit
Who is really going to beat him though? GSP never seems to have an off night and his style doesn't play into a flash KO. Which means you have to actually beat him by being better not just getting lucky and GSP is one of the best ever.

·
Registered
342 Posts
It sucks for him that he just lost to GSP less than a year ago because if he beat Fitch he would clearly be the number two guy in the division IMO.

I believe that this guy has the best chance to beat GSP of any WW (even though he got more or less dominated by him last june)

·
Banned
670 Posts
Before a Fitch fight I think he will lose but the guy is a lot tougher than he looks. He is underrated imho. If they fought in two months and Fitch was an underdog I would definetely side with him. I know Alves will look 50% bigger but it would be too late to take my bet back.

·
Premium Member
4,222 Posts
This is what sucks about the UFC these guys are pretty much fighting for pride and not purpose. Its not like any of them will be the champion at 170 unless gsp moves up.

·
attention whore
14,445 Posts
Alves has gotten better since his first fight with Fitch. If he isn't that rusty, he will win, as he has solid takedown defense, and way better striking.

If he is rusty, then expect another 15 minute Fitch win.

·
"Focus"
10,181 Posts
Alves has gotten better since his first fight with Fitch. If he isn't that rusty, he will win, as he has solid takedown defense, and way better striking.

That's what gets said every time Jon has a fight, Jon has gotten a lot better too.

·
Premium Member
1,828 Posts

Alves has gotten better??? ....................... I must have missed that.

Fitch will beat him again and it aint gonna look any different than the first fight.

·
"Focus"
10,181 Posts
Alves has gotten better??? ....................... I must have missed that.

Fitch will beat him again and it aint gonna look any different than the first fight.
You mean Fitch will KO him with an upkick?!?!?! That's a seriously specific call.

·
Registered
342 Posts
I agree he looked good on that night.

I cant find pictures to back this up but watch UFC 100 again and look at Thiago's face as every round starts. GSP tore him up. Fitch will do the same.
seriously dude, are you gonnan tell me Fitch looked any better after 5 rounds with GSP. In fact, if you are going by damage done by GSP then Alves has Fitch beat by quite a bit. Jon's face looked hideous.

http://rdtwot.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/fitch_after_gsp.jpg

·
Registered
258 Posts
seriously dude, are you gonnan tell me Fitch looked any better after 5 rounds with GSP. In fact, if you are going by damage done by GSP then Alves has Fitch beat by quite a bit. Jon's face looked hideous.

http://rdtwot.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/fitch_after_gsp.jpg
That's because all Alvez did that fight is get his ass taken down and cover up like a little b for 5 rounds. he didn't even fight once he go taken down, just not get hurt. At least Fitch tried to score something on GSP, opening up and not afraid of taking dmg in return. In my opinion he was at least trying, hence his face shows it.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts