Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
NO. 1 *BONER*
7,727 Posts
WOW!
I thought Thiago would be a good fight for Jon Jones, and some people said it's a big step up for Jones.
Now it's Thiago-Bader?!
And Bader is ranked bellow Jones.
Talk about a big stept up in competition.

Bader has a background in wrestling ad Thiago doesn't like to be taken to the ground (Rashad anyone...).
Bader also has a big right hand wich can put down a buffalo :sarcastic12:.
Thiago is coming after a surgery if i'm not mistaking..
Should be interesting.
It depends a lot on Bader's gas tank also
Can't wait

·
Registered
9,844 Posts
Bader wins.

Step up in competition for JJ? Yea right? Thiago Silva's best win is Jardine...by a decent amount...that is sad.

Good fight though for the card. I'd favor Bader to take him down and work GnP for the win.

·
Registered
545 Posts
It depends a lot on Bader's gas tank also
Can't wait
After the Rashad fight I think Thiagos gas tank is suspect too. Bader has gone 3 hard rounds before.

·
ROCKET FISTS
5,743 Posts
Bader wins.

Step up in competition for JJ? Yea right? Thiago Silva's best win is Jardine...by a decent amount...that is sad.

Good fight though for the card. I'd favor Bader to take him down and work GnP for the win.
Are you kidding me? Jones' biggest win is a completely unranked Vera. Silva walked through Jardine who was easily top 10 then. Silva has also fought the likes of Lyoto and Rashad.

Bader will now have beaten the likes of Schafer, Jardine, and Silva, easily a more complete and impressive resume than a win over Vera and Bonnar (and DQ loss to Hamill).

·
The Detective
1,338 Posts
Are you kidding me? Jones' biggest win is a completely unranked Vera. Silva walked through Jardine who was easily top 10 then. Silva has also fought the likes of Lyoto and Rashad.

Bader will now have beaten the likes of Schafer, Jardine, and Silva, easily a more complete and impressive resume than a win over Vera and Bonnar (and DQ loss to Hamill).
Jone Jones would beat Silva and Bader. I wouldn't even be surprised id Jones beat Shogun or Machida. I have Jon Jones ranked as the 3rd best fighter in that division. "but he hasn't fought anyone good yet!" I know but I don't care. It's pretty obvious to me he is better than almost everyone in that division.

·
Registered
165 Posts
sick fight cant't wait should be fire works.
It's hard to pick against Bader in this even though i'm a big fan of Thiago :confused05:

·
Registered
504 Posts
I like both fighters. So win win fight for me :thumbsup:

I think that Bader will pull out the victory.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Very interesting fight. It would be interesting to see if Bader chooses to stand with Thiago because it looks like he is one of those wrestlers who has fallen in love with his hands recently. Standing with Thiago could be a mistake, hopefully he mixes things up like how Rashad fought him.

·
Registered
319 Posts
I must have missed something, as the last time I saw Bader (which I admit was a while ago) he wasn't that good of a fighter. He would take them down, and sit on them the entire time. Has his game improved dramatically? I may have to pay attention to him more I guess, but I just remember being very meh with his performances. Interesting........

1 - 18 of 18 Posts