Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sure that we can all list many stupid decisions the UFC has made that in the mind of the hardcore mma fans. I just got done *****ing about how cheap the company is. We can all list fighters that are in other companies that we would like to see fight in America on major UFC cards, however, we will never get that chance because the UFC makes stupid moves. Lets all brainstorm together shall we?

·
attention whore
14,445 Posts
They never let Giant Silva fight.

They never had a world class fighter like Fedor fight someone like Zulu.

They never hired Dos Caras Jr.

They don't have Frank Trigg commentating for them.

UFC iz soooo stoopid! Pride rulz all lolz!!!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was hoping that guys would pile on to the UFC being cheap theme, but I see that I have no takers.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I totally forgot about F--king Joe Rogan over Frank Trigg as color. Yeah, thats stupid.

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Damone said:
The UFC actually makes their champions defend their belts.

They r so stoopid.
The only problem is they defend them from the same people all the time. J/K Don't yell at me please...

·
Free Thinker
5,673 Posts
Damone said:
They never let Giant Silva fight.

They never hired Dos Caras Jr.

They don't have Frank Trigg commentating for them.

UFC iz soooo stoopid! Pride rulz all lolz!!!
you also aren't japanese, so you don't accept alot of the things they enjoy as a culture... people always use the zulu, or giant silva argument, but those people have nothing to say and just pick on something that is already understood and looked passed by those who really know what's going on!

if you think that PRIDE having a giant silva fight somehow lessens the fact that 90% of PRIDE's fighters and fights are better than the UFC... then i just rest my case here and now!

·
attention whore
14,445 Posts
If the UFC were the ones who brought in Giant Silva, then you'd be tearing them apart for it. I know that pro wrestling is basically the building block for MMA in Japan. It doesn't disguise the fact that Giant Silva doesn't belong anywhere near an MMA event, let alone one of the largest.

Pride nuthuggery is one of the most annoying cases of pretentiousness.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Damone said:

The UFC actually makes their champions defend their belts.
I agree, Fedor should be defending his belt against someone who just came off of a lost like Justin Eilers. I would rather have three meaningless title defenses rather than one big title fight.

·
Free Thinker
5,673 Posts
Damone said:
If the UFC were the ones who brought in Giant Silva, then you'd be tearing them apart for it. I know that pro wrestling is basically the building block for MMA in Japan. It doesn't disguise the fact that Giant Silva doesn't belong anywhere near an MMA event, let alone one of the largest.

Pride nuthuggery is one of the most annoying cases of pretentiousness.
i love how anytime anyone prefers anything, it's nuthuggery.... such a copout retort...:thumbsdown:

·
attention whore
14,445 Posts
Matt Hughes has defended against top competition, and has beaten the best WW's in the world. I really don't know what you're talking about.

I'd rather see Justin Eilers fight than Zulu. Atleast Eilers is somewhat entertaining(Albeit for all the wrong reasons), while Zulu is just a huge waste of time.

Point being, that each fed has their own positives and negatives. To sit here and thumb through each flaw the UFC has is just ridiculous. Even moreso when you realize that Pride has their own negatives.

i love how anytime anyone prefers anything, it's nuthuggery.... such a copout retort...

You bash the UFC for having people like Tim Sylvia(Who seems to be the target for Pride fanboys), yet you condone Pride for bringing in worthless sideshow fighters like Giant Silva? That is blatant Pride nuthuggery. You can be a fan of Pride, but don't sit there and act like Pride is this innocent company who has never done anything wrong.

·
Registered
302 Posts
I wasn't referring to Matt Hughes, even though his match against an undeserving Riggs was a title fight until Riggs couldn't make weight. Look at AA's title reign. Rich defended against Quarry. Sylvia is going to defend against Monson.

Sure, I'd like to see Eilers pop his knee just from walking around again too rather than seeing Zulu get manhandled AGAIN (Actually, I'd like to see both again, but for arguments sake...). But the reason I brought up Eilers is because he lost to Buentello and then got a title shot. Where's the logic in that? I'd rather wait until someone deserving gets a title shot and then there's a shitload of hype around the fight.

But I also agree with how stupid this thread is. I guess the OP needs people to bash the UFC so he can feel more manly.

·
Free Thinker
5,673 Posts
Damone said:
Matt Hughes has defended against top competition, and has beaten the best WW's in the world. I really don't know what you're talking about.

I'd rather see Justin Eilers fight than Zulu. Atleast Eilers is somewhat entertaining(Albeit for all the wrong reasons), while Zulu is just a huge waste of time.

Point being, that each fed has their own positives and negatives. To sit here and thumb through each flaw the UFC has is just ridiculous. Even moreso when you realize that Pride has their own negatives.

i love how anytime anyone prefers anything, it's nuthuggery.... such a copout retort...

You bash the UFC for having people like Tim Sylvia(Who seems to be the target for Pride fanboys), yet you condone Pride for bringing in worthless sideshow fighters like Giant Silva? That is blatant Pride nuthuggery. You can be a fan of Pride, but don't sit there and act like Pride is this innocent company who has never done anything wrong.
first off, the people in PRIDE understand and know when it's a spectacle sort of match... and Silvia is the UFC's champ. he's a chump and a bumb, a terrible rep for the sport. how are those two things equal? i have no problem if Tim fights, just that when he's champ of a bunch of little girl's i can't stand to hear people toot his horn when he doesn't deserve it.

tim has beat a string of overrated guys, and is proven to have stolen the belt at least once... Fedor might have fought some sideshow freaks, but he's still kicked the asses of the greatest fighters in the world!!! sorry, but beating Nob and CC is a much greater accomplishment than beating an overrated Arlovski and a useless assuero silva... oh, and using roids to beat Ricco...

·
True Grappler
6,222 Posts
Damone said:
At least PRIDE is aware of the fact that Giant Silva is nothing more than a sideshow fighter. They aren't going to give him a title shot unless he can really prove that he deserves it, and what are the chances of something like that?

UFC Commentary = two guys with no MMA credibility to speak of, definitely not as good as Rutten and Trigg, or even the guys from KOTC.

The barring of good stuff, granted, PRIDE does this too, but come on, no knees on the ground? Not a fighters organization.

Difference in talent levels. Frankly, I'd like to see Hughes fight Dan Henderson, or someone of that class, because I have gotten alot of respect for Matt lately. But Anderson was a decent middleweight, at best, in PRIDE. With his success imagine how a guy like Chonan would do.

Fan base. PRIDE is still working on their American fanbase, but they have fans across the pacific that make UFC fans look horrible (nothing personal). I mean, these PRIDE fans in Japan, China, Thailand, Brazil and Russia are hardcore.

·
attention whore
14,445 Posts
Sideshow fighters should be fighting sideshow fighters.

Having Zulu fight both Nog & Fedor is ridiculously stupid.

Giant Silva was in the 04 GP.

Trigg is absolutely horrible. I don't know how listening to some guy verbal blow himself is entertaining. Rogan smokes him, because atleast Rogan tries to explain what's going on in there. Yea, Rogan has his flaws, but he's solid. I've never heard Rogan say "Well, I'm going with *Insert fighter name here* because of his abs", or "When I was in there...I'd...blahblahblah" during every fight.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts