Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
Thiago Silva vs Wandy would be a fun fight to watch, although not entirely relevant because i dont think either guy will get a title shot anytime soon. Still, a pretty great opening fight.
JDS vs Cain would be a great fight that will finally determine the pecking order in the HW rankings.
Shogun vs Rampage would be an awful fight because Shogun would easily win but still i would obviously like to watch it.
GSP vs Silva would be amazing and arguably the best fight that the UFC can put on right now.
Pretty sick card, but not nearly as amazing as the OP makes it sound.

·
Registered
786 Posts
Easily worth $100.

Unfortunately it would never happen because too many of these guys would demand a cut of the PPV. But it would easily rival the 1.6 million+ that UFC 100 did.

·
Premium Member
4,222 Posts
It is good don't think it would make 1 bill. Good job editing tho. My 1 bill card would be.

Aldo vs Penn
Gsp vs. Anderson
Fedor vs Brock
Cain vs Dos Satntos
Rampage vs Evans
Machida vs Shogun 3
Chuck Vs Tito
Wandy vs. Crop cop catch weight

·
Registered
797 Posts
Easily worth $100.

Unfortunately it would never happen because too many of these guys would demand a cut of the PPV. But it would easily rival the 1.6 million+ that UFC 100 did.
Rival??? I think it would wipe the floor with what UFC 100 did haha.

Probably 2.5 million for that kind of a card :)

·
Premium Member
2,384 Posts
Great fight ideas all around. I'm more interested in Anderson Silva Vs. Shogun then I am Vs. GSP. Take Rampage out completely and put GSP against well... I'm having trouble thinking of an interesting fight there... so maybe your idea is better. Maybe take Rampage out, let Anderson beat up GSP and sacrifice Shogun to Jon Jones! There we go.. that's my billion dollar card.

·
Registered
786 Posts
Rival??? I think it would wipe the floor with what UFC 100 did haha.

Probably 2.5 million for that kind of a card :)
Well the record for PPVs all-time is 2.3 million, Golden Boy vs Mayweather.

UFC 112 was supposed to be a barnbreaker with 2 title bouts, BJ Penn and Anderson Silva, plus legends gracie vs hughes. Instead it made 500k.

The last few GSP headlined fights made around 800k--if you consider the average UFC PPV being around 400k, GSP is worth around 400k by himself. Nobody cares about Dan Henderson.

Brock Lesnar is the #1 draw in the UFC. He singlehandedly is worth nearly 1 million PPVs. That UFC 125 card will not make as many PPVs as you think. It would be extremely lucky to hit UFC 100's 1.6 mil.

·
Registered
332 Posts
ANDERSON SILVA WOULD WRECK GSP. He's bigger, faster, stronger. He's by far the better striker, and his ground is such that he could give GSP problems if GSP took him down. Anderson would KO GSP as long as he dosent act like an a$$hole. DANA WHITE KNOWS THIS WHICH IS WHY HE'S NOT GOING TO FEED GSP TO THE SPIDER!!!!

·
Premium Member
962 Posts
I`m sorry I`m probably being very anal about this, but billions? The UFC in its entirety is worth 1 billion, and you're saying once card will make atleast twice what the UFC is worth?

But yeah that card would probably get like 2 million PPV buys, maybe more.

·
-Raids Into Transylvania-
3,029 Posts
It is good don't think it would make 1 bill. Good job editing tho. My 1 bill card would be.

Aldo vs Penn
Gsp vs. Anderson
Fedor vs Brock
Cain vs Dos Satntos
Rampage vs Evans
Machida vs Shogun 3
Chuck Vs Tito
Wandy vs. Crop cop catch weight
BONER.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I didn't really mean that. I'm just saying it would make a ton of money. I think it would. You know the Canadians would sell all of Canada to watch this.

·
"Focus"
10,181 Posts
Sorry to tell you, but talented fighters that us fans like don't make money. Machida vs Shogun 2 had 400,000 fewer buys than Rashad v Evans. To make money like that you need people the casual fans know, not the fights hardcore fans are dying to see.

Would be a good card though.

·
The Title Guy
18,060 Posts
Last Addition

Thiago Silva VS Wanderlei Silva
Junior Dos Santos VS Cain Valesquez
Quinton Jackson VS Mauricio Rua
George Saint Pierre VS Anderson Silva

Might want to add another high quality fight to it and then it could have the potential to make alot. Probably not billions though!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
You guys know I was just playing about making billions right?
I don't think any PPV in any sport can make billions, I'm just saying I think a card like this would make more money than any event previously made.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts