Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Outta My Head
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is an old fight of Travis Fulton's. Travis is a long-standing mainstay of MMA, and has been around for a long, long time. His record is 170 - 41 - 9. This particular match is from the early, early days of MMA, during many bally-hooed NHB (No Holds Barred) Cage Matches. He ends up taking on a TKD practioner that is probably giving up 80lbs or so.

About 1 minute in he gives his opponent one of the most ruthless slams I've ever seen.

·
Registered
22 Posts
One one hand I think that guy is a jerk. But I have to remember that these are two grown men who are trying to hurt each other. If you stepped in to something like that, should you expect your oppponent to be that ruthless? I think so.

Tress:dunno:

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
ok that was kinda amusing soon as the TKD guy went down he just grabbed on and held on for dear life while it was not a highly exciting fight it shows some of the biggest flaws in TKD and other similiar stand up only styles, they are usless once they get to the ground.

·
1 2 3 Blast Off!
2,972 Posts
RileyG said:
Proving once again you got to know everything to win
NO that was just TKD.......Tkd is bad. A bjj guy wouldn't have done that.
But lol:laugh: :cheeky4: Did you see him scream after that choke slam from hell!

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
Yea and its not that TKD is bad its just very incomplete. If the guy in that video knew how to grapple even at a high school wrestlers level he would have been alot better off soon as he was on the ground you could see in his face he was lost he just grabbed on and held on had no clue what to do. though that opening spin kick was pretty cool to see would have done alot of damage if it hit but its biggest flaw is he took his eyes off his opponent and the other fighter moved out of the way if that fight stayed up I think the TKD guy might have had a shot but the video is way to short to tell as it is TKD does not teach anything about ground fighting or how to even avoid going to the ground. besides it was developed for school kids not butt kicking.

·
Outta My Head
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
4uOrtiz said:
One one hand I think that guy is a jerk. But I have to remember that these are two grown men who are trying to hurt each other. If you stepped in to something like that, should you expect your oppponent to be that ruthless? I think so.
Actually, right after the fight ends, Travis comes over with a very concerned look on his face to see if his opponent is okay. His opponent ended up getting slammed on the back of his head/neck and I think the real damage was done by the way his body torqued completely over after he hit the mat. That alone is enough to send someone to a chiropractor.

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
Onganju said:
Actually, right after the fight ends, Travis comes over with a very concerned look on his face to see if his opponent is okay. His opponent ended up getting slammed on the back of his head/neck and I think the real damage was done by the way his body torqued completely over after he hit the mat. That alone is enough to send someone to a chiropractor.
yea true you do see that and I think he was more in shock then seriously hurt by looking at that. getting slammed like that is a major surprise to the system, while he will more then likely was sore for a few days I do not think any serious damage was done, though I am not hte doc or medic on that case so I did not get to look at him just going by what I saw.

·
1 2 3 Blast Off!
2,972 Posts
Yeah the tkd guy has never been chokeslammed before! haha
and then he was like crying in a coma.....

·
Registered
77 Posts
i loved that kick in the begining even tho it didnt do anything and that drop was mean as hell

·
True Grappler
6,222 Posts
MY quick analysis of the TKD guy. No takedown defense, no guard and no brain. This is a perfect example of why ground skills are important and anyone who thinks that they aren't gets crushed.

·
Registered
164 Posts
boarderxcosta said:
That guy was paralysed temporarily and no one knows if he is still alive
thats scary

·
Outta My Head
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Oh... He's still alive. He's never fought in any MMA matches since then though.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Onganju said:
Oh... He's still alive. He's never fought in any MMA matches since then though.

^ Can I get that guys name? Just wondering ever since you posted it who he was. Thanks.

·
Outta My Head
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Ken Shamrock said:
^ Can I get that guys name? Just wondering ever since you posted it who he was. Thanks.
His name is Jeremy Bullock. He has a whopping 0-1-0 record. He hasn't fought ever since that instance.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts