1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
49 Posts
*spoilers*

He beat Frankie edgar before and has a good ufc record-
Code:
http://www.ufc.com/GrayMaynard
do you think he should of fought penn instead of Frankie?
and do you think he should fight first on Frankie's first title defense?

·
M.I.A
2,550 Posts
Maynard just squeaked by Diaz, and noone considers Diaz a title contender. But at this point, it's either him or maybe Kenflo again. Still think Kenny and Maynard should fight for the next shot.

·
Banned
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Maynard just squeaked by Diaz, and noone considers Diaz a title contender. But at this point, it's either him or maybe Kenflo again. Still think Kenny and Maynard should fight for the next shot.
that might be interesting, i belive gray would win it,
dont forget gray already beat frankie, frankie beat bj & bj beat kenny..although styles make fights so anything can happen..

·
You're Welcome.
7,723 Posts
And if we know anything, it's that MMA math is reliable.

I'd personally go with Kenny to beat Maynard. While Gray is a talented enough fighter who did indeed defeat Edgar, in my eyes, he still has much to prove. I question his spirit. I think I'd have to go with one of the two following scenarios: Florian vs. Penn for number on contention, or Florian vs. Edgar for the title. Florian has shown time and time again that he's amongst the top three fighters at LW, so we can't simply exclude him. Either give him a second crack at BJ, something we likely would have seen had Penn defeated Edgar, or allow him another shot at the title, something he's certainly earned via his last few performances.

·
The Avy Slut
3,342 Posts
Gray wouldn't have won tonight had he taken Frankie's place. His hands are pretty sloppy, he's got strong wrestling which would really get him nowhere against BJ who has sick TDD, and if he does take him down, BJJ's guard game is pretty slick.

I do believe the next guy in line though is Maynard, if he's willing to wait another 3-4 months for his next fight (seeing as he competed 3 months ago). However, I see this fight going to Frankie, he's just evolved a little too much compared to Maynard.

Something that hit me once this fight finished was that - Kenny finally has a decent shot at getting the belt. Don't get me wrong, Edgar is a beast with sick boxing and mixes it up great - however I can't help but think if Kenny was to face Edgar, Kenny would pull off a sub ...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts